+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employment Proof: I have a contract but no Business Registration or Tax Documents

semonde

Jan 16, 2024
Hello All,

I need help to understand what might happen to my application under the following scenario:

> Not a US Citizen
> 2 year and 9 months work experience in the United States working for a company as an employee, on sight.
> US Visa expires, I return to my country company hires me as a contractor/consultant worker.
> I work 10 months on contract. Contract clearly states the work is expected to be 40 hours a week. I get paid monthly into my US account, even though I live back home for now.
> I have: an official contract with the company, I have invoices, I have pay stubs that show I get paid, I have bank account statements that show that I get paid, I have a reference letter that lists my duties as an employee and also as a contractor, which the company is happy to amend if needed.

>I don't have: Any Business Registration document (The contract lists me as consultant "an individual with his main address at"), No tax documents that has been filed.

Is the absence of any legal recognition of my self employment (other than the contract and payment history) a deal breaker here? Trying to understand what I can do. This is for PR Express Entry through FSW track.

Thanks ahead.