+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed under CEC?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Elan ven said:
HI guys, can i apply as a self employer under CEC? is there any category of self employer in NOC?
NOC relates to job duties so even if you could apply as self employed your what you did would determine your NOC (Accountant, Software Developer, Chef, Marketing Manager, etc.)

With that being said, an important requirement for CEC is an Employment Reference Letter signed by your supervisor/manager or a HR department. Being self-employed you would have to reference yourself which is unlikely to be considered valid by CIC.

Are you incorporated and do you issue T4s to yourself and/or other employees? That might open an avenue.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Elan ven said:
HI guys, can i apply as a self employer under CEC? is there any category of self employer in NOC?
Unfortunately, the CEC program categorically EXCLUDES self-employment experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, or periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience. You must have had temporary resident status during the period of work experience acquired in Canada.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elan ven said:
No, there isn't any category for self employed workers.