+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Self Employed Visa updates till now in my account :-

6th July 2021 - File Received by IRCC
9th Aug 2021 - Tempory AOR
14th Mar 2024 - Permanent AOR + ADR (Details of my Spouse to add her in my Acc)
20th Mar 2024 - ADR details submitted
20th Mar 2024 - GC key account linked
6th Dec 2023 - Estimated time bar completed 100% blue line
3rd Apr 2024 - Acknowledge of Receipt Recevied

now waiting for further updates...
anyone can give me any suggestions that what will be the process now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sadia.aamir

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Here are the updates till now in my account :-

6th July 2021 - File Received by IRCC
9th Aug 2021 - Tempory AOR
14th Mar 2024 - Permanent AOR + ADR (Details of my Spouse to add her in my Acc)
20th Mar 2024 - ADR details submitted
20th Mar 2024 - GC key account linked
6th Dec 2023 - Estimated time bar completed
6th Apr 2024 - Acknowledge of Receipt Recevied

now waiting for further updates...
anyone can give me any suggestions that what will be the process now?
Congrats!
There is no set logarithms but what we can assume through our experiences, it will be finalized soon. Quite a few members are at the same stage as per yours. In my opinion, in 2 to max 6 months your case will be finalized or may be earlier.
Your status bar is blue and showing 100%?

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Congrats!
There is no set logarithms but what we can assume through our experiences, it will be finalized soon. Quite a few members are at the same stage as per yours. In my opinion, in 2 to max 6 months your case will be finalized or may be earlier.
Also where you submitted documents ?through webform or there was active option in your IRCC online account?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Congrats!
yes its showing 100% and its blue bar. what is that exactly meaning of blue bar??

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
New Changes To Canada Business Immigration Effective April 30

Minister Miller further declared a complete pause on new applications for the Self-Employed Persons Program beginning April 30, 2024.

This step is necessary in order to concentrate on the processing of applications derived from the existing inventory.

The Self-Employed Persons Program is for those who have significant experience in sports, recreation, art, or culture and will contribute to Canadian cultural vitality.

Processing times have extended beyond four years as a consequence of the large volume of applications received for this program.

Despite the current suspension, IRCC will continue to process overdue applications while evaluating potential program reforms and safeguarding the program’s integrity.

IRCC can effectively mitigate the backlog and shorten wait times for the talented, innovative, and entrepreneurial newcomers essential for the sustained expansion of Canadian economy by implementing measures such as
  • limiting application intake until the end of 2026 and
  • allocating additional admissions for the federal business category in accordance with the multi-year levels plan for 2024–2026.

bhorvath

Jan 9, 2024
Regarding the Police Certificate document. Does anyone have experience in what to do if you did NOT spend more than 6 months outside of Canada since applying? The IRCC upload board says it's a required document however from my understanding it is not needed if a person spent most of the time in the country since applying.

'Please provide an updated police clearance certificate(s) for all countries (except Canada) where you have resided for more than six (6) months since XXXX'

And does anyone try to send IRCC a support document (like a PDF) to give short explanations for each uploaded document to avoid any misunderstandings? If yes how do you attach it to the rest?

Thank you for the answers in advance.

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Regarding the Police Certificate document. Does anyone have experience in what to do if you did NOT spend more than 6 months outside of Canada since applying? The IRCC upload board says it's a required document however from my understanding it is not needed if a person spent most of the time in the country since applying.

'Please provide an updated police clearance certificate(s) for all countries (except Canada) where you have resided for more than six (6) months since XXXX'

And does anyone try to send IRCC a support document (like a PDF) to give short explanations for each uploaded document to avoid any misunderstandings? If yes how do you attach it to the rest?

[/QUOT
Submit clearance certificate from the country from where you have applied.
Secondly we haven't any active options in online acc so we submitted our ADRs through web forms only

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023

Yes! Write a letter of explanation stating that you have been living in Canada and are therefore exempt. Submit it via web form if there’s no place for it on the online portal. You can link it to your application and should get a response acknowledging receipt in 7-10 days (or at least I did).
I think it’s listed as required on the portal automatically as most people who apply for this category have applied from outside of Canada.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Is not seeing a progress bar normal nowadays? I see people talking about it in the forum but I haven't had a progress bar ever, since I linked my application to the online portal. Is this something I need to contact them about or it's pretty much a useless feature? God knows I'd LOVE to have at least a simple timeline for my application...

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
New Changes To Canada Business Immigration Effective April 30

Minister Miller further declared a complete pause on new applications for the Self-Employed Persons Program beginning April 30, 2024.

This step is necessary in order to concentrate on the processing of applications derived from the existing inventory.

The Self-Employed Persons Program is for those who have significant experience in sports, recreation, art, or culture and will contribute to Canadian cultural vitality.

Processing times have extended beyond four years as a consequence of the large volume of applications received for this program.

Despite the current suspension, IRCC will continue to process overdue applications while evaluating potential program reforms and safeguarding the program’s integrity.

IRCC can effectively mitigate the backlog and shorten wait times for the talented, innovative, and entrepreneurial newcomers essential for the sustained expansion of Canadian economy by implementing measures such as
  • limiting application intake until the end of 2026 and
  • allocating additional admissions for the federal business category in accordance with the multi-year levels plan for 2024–2026.
Well hopefully this is good news because the backlog and processing times are actually insane. Maybe now they'll finally focus on our applications and speed up the process. I saw yesterday that processing time is 52 months.

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Is not seeing a progress bar normal nowadays? I see people talking about it in the forum but I haven't had a progress bar ever, since I linked my application to the online portal. Is this something I need to contact them about or it's pretty much a useless feature? God knows I'd LOVE to have at least a simple timeline for my application...
You see progress bar wen you click" check application full status "
Progress bar is showing 100% but still many a few people have been waiting since 4 to 6 months for next proceedings. DoYou have got the msg that you have linked your application successfully?

WillRio

May 1, 2024
Hello!
I like to share my timeline in this group so someone could tell me if we are in the same situation! I believe that my waiting time exceeded many comments and estimations by individuals I am looking at in this group:

In May 2024, I have completed 38 months since they first recieved my application
In May 2024, I have completed 1 year since Permenet AOR and Bio
In May 2024, it is 9 month since My bar was 100% completed
Anyone has similar waiting time?