+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Addressed Envelope---I used FedEx

teamplayer

May 12, 2014
I received a request to submit my passport for completion of visit visa process on April 28. The NY consulate received it on May 1. I used FedEx as a return service instead of USPS (I am applying from Texas). It's been ten days and I haven't heard back from the Consulate. Also the FedEx tracking has not been updated. How much longer should I wait for the return of my passport? I would any input. Thanks!

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check your account? check whether it says application approved and case closed.
Usually it takes 1 week to 10 days to get it back after the case is closed.
I don't think using Fedex instead of USPS makes much difference.

teamplayer

May 12, 2014
My case has been approved and closed as per CIC site.
I submitted my passport 8 business days ago and haven't gotten it back; FedEx tracking has not been updated either. I wasn't sure if they would use the FedEx return envelope, otherwise would they just send it back by regular mail? I emailed the consulate, but no reply from them yet.

acshankar

May 12, 2014
I sent mine without a envelope because I thought I had enough time for return by first class. My passport was received by the consulate on 24th of April, approved and closed on 29th of April and I still haven't received it yet.

I am supposed to travel on May 14th. Really kicking myself for not sending a return envelope.

I think they'll be classifying yours to be a USPS first class too. Given how inflexible and bureaucratic they are I am sure they'll have one process to ship USPS express mail and if you've not provided that, ship it by First class. If I get mine, I'll post it here and may be you'll get it around the same time.

You too please let me know when and how you receive your passport.

Oh BTW, e-mailing the embassy seems to be of no use.

teamplayer

May 12, 2014
Thank you for the reply. I'll keep you updated. Eagerly awaiting my passport since I have to apply for the UK visa as well right after in order to travel to both countries in July.

acshankar

May 12, 2014
Few questions. Hope you don't mind.

When did they mail the passport?
Did they send by USPS or did they use FedEx?
Did you get a single entry or multiple entry visa?

Thank you for your help.