+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking for advice on choosing MBA

Ray13

Apr 28, 2013
Hello~
I've completed my undergraduate degree last year with quite good GPA in malaysia. Since i've graduated, i've decided to come back to my hometown mongolia to seek for job. however, due to economic factors in here, it has been tough of getting job that I want at least in hospitality field. I've gone through many interviews and some of them even said my work experience in malaysia doesn't suitable for mongolian jobs, yet some said i don't feel like mongolian to them. It was very ridiculous to hear all those from them, so I have decided to pursue my MBA in overseas, considering US, Canada, or other European countries.
Well I have attended many education expo in here, and as you know those education agencies are trying to convince people by telling all those attractive facts that we wish or dream to hear. Since that's the case, I would like inquire and seeking advice from all of you. I would like to know the reality in Canada! Agents said that in Canada, fresh graduates - specially foreigners can get jobs easily since it has very big job market. Is that true? I have doubt in this factor. Furthermore, some told me that as long as i study in Canada for 2 years, I will be entitled for 3 years work visa in there.... ???? hmmmm ....
In fact, one of the agent said that the main land of Canada has more job opportunities than Vancouver City, can i trust that agent words? I am just afraid that those words are just fake as they all and concerned for my parents - especially their support and investment on my study, u know ;)
So please feel free to share your opinion and ideas.
And I am really grateful for that :)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi Ray13. That's a bit sad to hear that your fellow countrymen told you that they feel you're not Mongolian. I admire you for studying overseas and going back to your motherland to share what you've learn. I terms of your plans of studying in overseas for an MBA, I think Canada will be perfect for you. You'll get the same quality education offered by American and European universities at a much lower cost. You may also be given 3 years of postgraduate working permit once you've finished your masters. I will just point out some vague statements in your message. First, full time students are generally not allowed to work. Student visa is just for studying. Should you want to work in your free time, you need a work permit that entitles you to up to 20 hours/week only. Second is Yes, there are a lot of workforce needed in Canada, but these are generally manual labor and not for professionals. Third, MBA degree is somewhat more expensive than other masters degree. You have to check your prospective university websites for the current rates. I would advise you to do your personal research on your plans to study in Canada. You actually don't need agents to help you with any application. University websites are very informative with regards to admission requirements and process. Hope I was of help! -DocRZ of Manila

tiger007

Champion Member
Ray13 said:
Hello~
I've completed my undergraduate degree last year with quite good GPA in malaysia. Since i've graduated, i've decided to come back to my hometown mongolia to seek for job. however, due to economic factors in here, it has been tough of getting job that I want at least in hospitality field. I've gone through many interviews and some of them even said my work experience in malaysia doesn't suitable for mongolian jobs, yet some said i don't feel like mongolian to them. It was very ridiculous to hear all those from them, so I have decided to pursue my MBA in overseas, considering US, Canada, or other European countries.
Well I have attended many education expo in here, and as you know those education agencies are trying to convince people by telling all those attractive facts that we wish or dream to hear. Since that's the case, I would like inquire and seeking advice from all of you. I would like to know the reality in Canada! Agents said that in Canada, fresh graduates - specially foreigners can get jobs easily since it has very big job market. Is that true? I have doubt in this factor. Furthermore, some told me that as long as i study in Canada for 2 years, I will be entitled for 3 years work visa in there.... ???? hmmmm ....
In fact, one of the agent said that the main land of Canada has more job opportunities than Vancouver City, can i trust that agent words? I am just afraid that those words are just fake as they all and concerned for my parents - especially their support and investment on my study, u know ;)
So please feel free to share your opinion and ideas.
And I am really grateful for that :)

Hi,

Its a bit long and complicated to answer all your queries, since you are a citizen of Mongolia... there are hardly any members on this forum from your country..who you can consult on applying for Canadian study visa from your home country. Ye I will try to answer some of your queries... kindly read it carefully, and go through all the official links. And you will need to make time and research a lot, before finally deciding on the appropriate course and study location in Canada.

First Google about Canada... Vancouver city is in BRITISH COLUMBIA PROVINCE, WHICH is in mainland Canada. Know about different cities, provinces (states), culture, economy, education system etc. etc.

2nd go through this official Canadian government citizenship & immigration site. Go through the entire , all sections of studying and then getting work permit in Canada. Yes, after studying a 2 academic year program/ 4 semesters/ 16 months of actual study.. you will be eligible for a 3 years full time open work permit - PGWP (Post Grad Work permit). You can also apply for part time work permit i.e OFF Campus Work permit (OCWP), after completion of 6 months of actual studies.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

3rd You can study higher level master degrees at public universities or practical diplomas at Canadian colleges. Getting into MBA..a good public university MBA is highly competitive in Canada. You need a 4 years bachelor's degree with high GPA (3.0/4.0), a good GMAT score (atleast 550) and atleast 2-3 years of quality work experience. On top it can be very expensive to study MBA.

Doing any course will not guarantee job. Of course, doing high demand practical courses, searching for work in provinces which are booming/lower unemployment rate (like provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan), skills, hard work, networking... will definitely increase your chances of getting a job. Canada offers world class education and skill training at comparatively lower costs and in a comparatively stable economy... in need of skilled immigrants... comparatively good chance of immigration.

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes (universities and colleges) eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp -- you need to go through individual websites of educational institutes and choose an appropriate program, related to your background/work ex.

If you are looking forward to enter Canada, you may pursue a 2 years practical diploma in hotel management / other related profession... which will be comparatively affordable as well as give you good employment opportunities and a 3 years PGWP (open work permit) , in-case you cannot get entry to a good MBA program.

There are many rules and regulations, and as a citizen of Mongolia, the rules regarding applying for Canadian STUDY PERMIT (student visa) will be much different.

As a citizen of Mongolia, you will have to apply for study permit to the Canadian embassy in your country. VFS is an authorized partner of Canadian embassy in Mongolia, through which you submit your application. To know more:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mongolia-mongolie/index.aspx
http://www.vfsglobal.com/canada/mongolia/

Documents required and study permit checklists as per VFS:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/canada/mongolia/studypermit_docreq.html
http://www.vfs-canada.com.cn/applicationforms.aspx

After you receive study permit to Canada, and if you want to stay back permanently, i.e immigrate.. you will have to qualify under one of many student immigration programs of Canada, where usually a skilled job is required. To know more about various student immigration programs in Canada for international students (see April 2013 update with official links; mid page 6):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

So, always refer official websites for actual up to date information... and not solely rely on agent's word.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Saddy1391

Apr 27, 2013
tiger what would you prefer?? Doing a MBA in Thompson river university (or) Doing a PG diploma in humber/Centennial College...what would you prefer for me to get job after study's? please help mate...

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Tiger would prefer MBA from U of Toronto ;D

Dude, it depends on wat u want to finally acheive at the end of the day..If u really want to do Business course and do MBA...go for GMAT and then apply in well reputed Univ ( not this TRU or VIU ) ...if u have shortage of time then u might prefer PG Diploma also but Degress is considered a better option always...

tiger007

Champion Member
mayank_6 said:
Dude, it depends on wat u want to finally acheive at the end of the day..If u really want to do Business course and do MBA...go for GMAT and then apply in well reputed Univ ( not this TRU or VIU ) ...if u have shortage of time then u might prefer PG Diploma also but Degress is considered a better option always...

True.

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
The Cheapest MBA in Canada is from Brock and Windsor.
They both are not bad in terms of Job prospects. You should look into those. But GMAT is a must.

K

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Well its sad to hear that someone who wishes to put his efforts and knowledge which he had gained from abroad (after spending lot of time, money etc etc) for his country's benefit , that country is not ready to take him in. And also return on investment which you got for your education is almost nil (here am talking about money & not knowledge and experience :p). I ll suggest you that if you really want to do MBA and you want to get a decent job (here I what I mean is that you just want a decent paying job and are not looking down to settle abroad) then you should look at best business schools in Europe (mainly Germany,norway,finald etc etc etc).
Am suggesting Europe only because in many countries there is no tuition fee which will lessen your burden in case you had taken loan for your previous degree or your family cant afford money anymore for your higher studies.

but if your aim is settling abroad with a decent paid job then I ll suggest Canada is your best bet. I wont go on telling that Canada is land of opportunity and that you ll definitely get job and you ll lead hundreds of great people after your mba blah blah blah......But definitely those who have potential will succeed here. And you seem to have that thingy!!!!!!!! ;D All the best