25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Hi Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen residing in Quebec, and I recently submitted visit visa applications for my parents, brother, and his wife who are Indian citizens but residents of UAE to attend my wedding in Canada. Unfortunately, all four applications were refused for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.
• You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission.

To give you some context, my parents are retired, while my brother and his wife both have stable jobs in the UAE. They have been residents there for over 20 years. I even submitted their flight tickets to demonstrate their intention to visit for my wedding.

While I am extremely disappointed that my family won't be able to attend my wedding, I am looking for guidance on how to address these concerns for their future applications. Besides adding more savings to their bank accounts, I'm unsure what changes can be made, as their situation has remained largely unchanged for many years.

I am particularly troubled by the mention of "documentation that lacks authenticity," as I am confident in the accuracy and legitimacy of all the documents submitted. I'm unsure what could have triggered this claim and how to provide further proof of authenticity.

Any insights or suggestions from the forum would be greatly appreciated. I am even willing to pursue a judicial review if necessary to clear this matter.

Thank you for your time.

@canuck78

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen residing in Quebec, and I recently submitted visit visa applications for my parents, brother, and his wife who are Indian citizens but residents of UAE to attend my wedding in Canada. Unfortunately, all four applications were refused for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.
• You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission.

To give you some context, my parents are retired, while my brother and his wife both have stable jobs in the UAE. They have been residents there for over 20 years. I even submitted their flight tickets to demonstrate their intention to visit for my wedding.

While I am extremely disappointed that my family won't be able to attend my wedding, I am looking for guidance on how to address these concerns for their future applications. Besides adding more savings to their bank accounts, I'm unsure what changes can be made, as their situation has remained largely unchanged for many years.

I am particularly troubled by the mention of "documentation that lacks authenticity," as I am confident in the accuracy and legitimacy of all the documents submitted. I'm unsure what could have triggered this claim and how to provide further proof of authenticity.

Any insights or suggestions from the forum would be greatly appreciated. I am even willing to pursue a judicial review if necessary to clear this matter.

Thank you for your time.

@canuck78
Why not just register your marriage in Canada, while honeymoon & wedding reception in UAE / India?

Adding your savings to applicant bank account is a red flag. As mentioned in the refusal letter, immigration status outside one's country of nationality.

Reactions: Raz1256

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your time.

@canuck78
Suggest ordering GCMS notes to determine which specific documents they had concerns with.

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Why not just register your marriage in Canada, while honeymoon & wedding reception in UAE / India?

Adding your savings to applicant bank account is a red flag. As mentioned in the refusal letter, immigration status outside one's nationality.
Thank you for the response @steaky . This is how I'm handling the situation now since there is not enough time to get GCMS notes and apply again. But I'm more focused on how to address their concerns for any future applications since I would like to see family visit the country I'm settled in, atleast later on.

Yea, I agree. I meant for them to add to their own savings account since most of their savings are invested in the stock market. I could recommend them to move it to their bank accounts.

Unfortunately, they are living in the UAE for over 20 years. The country does not give permanent residence or citizenship, it is not possible to change that situation unless they move back to their country of origin, India.

Reactions: steaky

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Suggest ordering GCMS notes to determine which specific documents they had concerns with.
Thank you @scylla I will be doing it today. I hope the officer has left some useful notes to understand their concerns and reason for rejection.

Reactions: scylla

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your time.

@canuck78
No ties to country of citizenship. Also, IRCC suspects documents may be fraudulent

Benz37

Jan 17, 2024
You have much bigger problem than proving ties or financial situation. You have to clear their claim of "lack of authenticity", which non binding synonym for fraud. Otherwise, they won't get any kind of visa. Another recommendation, it is always better to have 2 different applications, one for the parents, and the brother with his family can apply on their own.

Now, they are all tied to the lack of authenticity. Another application won't do you any good if you don't know / fix the major issue.

In addition, visa approval is discretionary and it is not a right, I'm not sure if a judicial review would help.

As others already mentioned, request GCMS to figure out what they have

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
No ties to country of citizenship. Also, IRCC suspects documents may be fraudulent
Unfortunately, its hard to change thee situation with home country ties since they are settled in a country that doesn’t offer permanent residence status.

The documents part is the most concerning to me. If at least they mentioned which document, I could have provided multiple supporting documentations to prove authenticity since I'm confident no compromises were made on the integrity of the documents we submitted.

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
You have much bigger problem than proving ties or financial situation. You have to clear their claim of "lack of authenticity", which non binding synonym for fraud. Otherwise, they won't get any kind of visa. Another recommendation, it is always better to have 2 different applications, one for the parents, and the brother with his family can apply on their own.

Now, they are all tied to the lack of authenticity. Another application won't do you any good if you don't know / fix the major issue.

In addition, visa approval is discretionary and it is not a right, I'm not sure if a judicial review would help.

As others already mentioned, request GCMS to figure out what they have
I agree; it's definitely the most concerning part for me as well. I'm hoping the GCMS notes will shed more light on the situation.

In hindsight, filing the applications separately would have made more sense. My wedding was planned fairly recently, and to avoid the long wait until after winter to bring my parents, I rushed to get everything done in time for them to attend in the fall. If not for the wedding, I would have only applied for my parents' visa.

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Do your parents spend time in their home country and do they have a home there? How much liquid savings can they show?
My parents only spend a few months each year in their home country. They do own a home there, but I didn't provide proof of this since they applied from the UAE. In hindsight, that may have been one of my mistakes.

Most of my dad's savings are invested in the stock market, and he also earns a small monthly pension from India. I was under the impression that since they would be staying with me for the entire visit, and I had mentioned in my letter of explanation (LOE) that I would take full responsibility for their expenses, along with submitting my bank statements showing a substantial balance, it would suffice. I also provided proof that I have access to over $100K in case of an emergency.

I'm just confused about what improvements I can make to assure IRCC about their applications. So that they could visit me at some point.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents only spend a few months each year in their home country. They do own a home there, but I didn't provide proof of this since they applied from the UAE. In hindsight, that may have been one of my mistakes.

Most of my dad's savings are invested in the stock market, and he also earns a small monthly pension from India. I was under the impression that since they would be staying with me for the entire visit, and I had mentioned in my letter of explanation (LOE) that I would take full responsibility for their expenses, along with submitting my bank statements showing a substantial balance, it would suffice. I also provided proof that I have access to over $100K in case of an emergency.

I'm just confused about what improvements I can make to assure IRCC about their applications. So that they could visit me at some point.
Your LOE is not worth your time and they take little consideration. Better if they applied from home country with the financial statement.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

By you mentioning that you’ll take care of all their expenses it’s just one more tie to Canada.
People lean way too much on WHY people want to visit . Invitation letters etc . They have to emphasize WHY they’ll go home after the visit

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Your LOE is not worth your time and they take little consideration. Better if they applied from home country with the financial statement.
I understand. My only concern is that they spend only 1-2 months a year in the home country, so I wonder if it will look odd for them to apply from there instead of the country they reside in. And as for my brother and his wife, they are settled in UAE with hardly any ties to home country. Some of us spend a lifetime in the middle east, with no permanent residence or citizenship. I did the same for 21 years before eventually moving to Canada and acquiring my citizenship.

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
By you mentioning that you’ll take care of all their expenses it’s just one more tie to Canada.
People lean way too much on WHY people want to visit . Invitation letters etc . They have to emphasize WHY they’ll go home after the visit
I suppose that's a perspective I never considered up until now. In all honesty, I didn’t even apply for a super visa for my parents because they don't wish to stay here for more than a month. I will keep your point in mind for my next attempt, thank you very much for that.