+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice on Spousal Visitor Visa Rejection

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I’m reaching out to the community for some guidance and any advice you can offer regarding a recent issue we've encountered. My wife’s application for a visitor visa to Canada was rejected today, after waiting for two months. We applied shortly after receiving the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) for her sponsorship application, hoping she could visit in the interim.

Unfortunately, the application was denied for the following reasons, as per paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations): IRPR Section 179.

The officer stated they were not satisfied that she would leave Canada at the end of her stay, citing:

• Lack of significant family ties outside Canada.
  • The purpose of the visit appears inconsistent with a temporary stay based on the details provided in the application.
We are quite disheartened by this and are seeking advice on the best course of action:

• Has anyone here faced a similar situation, and how did you address it?
  • Would you recommend reapplying, and if so, what additional information or documents should be included to strengthen the application?
  • Any specific strategies or tips for navigating this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for your help and support.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Hi,
Sorry to hear about it!

In order to further assist you,

may i know when did you apply ?
  1. what was the reason you mentioned for the purpose of visit ?
  2. what were the travel dates you mentioned?
  3. what is your spouse country of nationality?
  4. Did she have any job in her home country ?
  5. Lastly how much funds you had shown in the file ?

Reactions: amir1993

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hi,
Sorry to hear about it!

In order to further assist you,

may i know when did you apply ?

Thank you so much for assisting us. much appreciate it

The primary purpose of visit is to spend quality time together as a married couple, to celebrate our recent marriage, and to celebrate my birthday. This visit is really important for us to strengthen our marital bond, have good marital time together, and finally have some private, personal time alone. She will definitely return to Iran until she gets her sponsorship result and can come here to live permanently with me.

AND

The primary purpose of my visit is to spend quality time with my husband, celebrate our recent marriage, and celebrate my husband's birthday. Since our wedding, we have been apart due to immigration processes, and this visit will allow us to reunite and support each other as we continue to build our life together. We miss each other deeply and are ready to see each other and have some quality, private time together. Moreover, His brothers were unable to attend our wedding due to personal reasons. This visit will also allow me to meet my brothers-in-law, their wives, and their children.

Intended Arrival Date: 2024-08-09
    Intended Departure Date: 2025-01-09

Iran

She quit her job after our marriage to prepare for immigrating to Canada.

The turnover for the last year is $37,635.95 CAD.
    The current balance in my account is $13,881.52 CAD.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Thank you so much for assisting us. much appreciate it

The primary purpose of visit is to spend quality time together as a married couple, to celebrate our recent marriage, and to celebrate my birthday. This visit is really important for us to strengthen our marital bond, have good marital time together, and finally have some private, personal time alone. She will definitely return to Iran until she gets her sponsorship result and can come here to live permanently with me.

AND

The primary purpose of my visit is to spend quality time with my husband, celebrate our recent marriage, and celebrate my husband's birthday. Since our wedding, we have been apart due to immigration processes, and this visit will allow us to reunite and support each other as we continue to build our life together. We miss each other deeply and are ready to see each other and have some quality, private time together. Moreover, His brothers were unable to attend our wedding due to personal reasons. This visit will also allow me to meet my brothers-in-law, their wives, and their children.

Intended Arrival Date: 2024-08-09
    Intended Departure Date: 2025-01-09

Iran

She quit her job after our marriage to prepare for immigrating to Canada.

The turnover for the last year is $37,635.95 CAD.
    The current balance in my account is $13,881.52 CAD.
As per my analysis, the intended duration of the visit is significantly longer than what is typically expected for a visitor, which may raise concerns.
Additionally, the applicant's ties to Iran, such as employment, property ownership, or other compelling reasons to return after the visit, are not clearly demonstrated. These factors could had weaken the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I’m reaching out to the community for some guidance and any advice you can offer regarding a recent issue we've encountered. My wife’s application for a visitor visa to Canada was rejected today, after waiting for two months. We applied shortly after receiving the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) for her sponsorship application, hoping she could visit in the interim.

Unfortunately, the application was denied for the following reasons, as per paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations): IRPR Section 179.

The officer stated they were not satisfied that she would leave Canada at the end of her stay, citing:

• Lack of significant family ties outside Canada.
  • The purpose of the visit appears inconsistent with a temporary stay based on the details provided in the application.
We are quite disheartened by this and are seeking advice on the best course of action:

• Has anyone here faced a similar situation, and how did you address it?
  • Would you recommend reapplying, and if so, what additional information or documents should be included to strengthen the application?
  • Any specific strategies or tips for navigating this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for your help and support.
Agreed her planned visit was too long and doesn't indicate a temporary stay or show strong ties to her home country.

What is your status in Canada?

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
As per my analysis, the intended duration of the visit is significantly longer than what is typically expected for a visitor, which may raise concerns.
Additionally, the applicant's ties to Iran, such as employment, property ownership, or other compelling reasons to return after the visit, are not clearly demonstrated. These factors could had weaken the application.

Thank you so much again for your assistance, it’s much appreciated. The thing is, she doesn’t have any property back home, and as I mentioned before, she doesn’t work. She quit her job to prepare for immigrating to Canada, so she’s currently unemployed. However, all her family—her parents, brothers, nieces, and nephews—are back home. Do you think mentioning this can help?

That’s my first question. The second question is about resubmitting the application. If we add employment this time around, do you think it will make a difference? For example, in the previous visitor visa application, we didn’t mention her working. If we update the application and say she’s employed, do you think this could help reduce the risk of refusal and the duration of her stay? Would any of these changes improve her chances of getting the visitor visa this time?

Lastly, I’d like to know if having her visitor visa refused once or twice could impact her sponsorship application.

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Agreed her planned visit was too long and doesn't indicate a temporary stay or show strong ties to her home country.

What is your status in Canada?
Right now, I’m under a PR application, but my citizenship application is in progress. I submitted my citizenship application five months ago. I’ve already completed the interview, and I’m now waiting for the ceremony.

Sky_qian

Jun 21, 2024
1. Your statement is too complicated and misses the point.
2. From your description, I can see that you have an immigration intention. You can leave Canada to visit her. You have to have a reason why she must go to Canada.
You'd better find an agent to do it. Your expression is very disturbing.

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
How did you get PR? How much time in person have your spent together in person before and after marriage?
I got my study permit in 2018 / Work permit on 2020 /PR on 2021

We are in a long distance relationship since Feb 2014 for over a decade and I added all of our pictures since 10 years ago

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
1. Your statement is too complicated and misses the point.
2. From your description, I can see that you have an immigration intention. You can leave Canada to visit her. You have to have a reason why she must go to Canada.
You'd better find an agent to do it. Your expression is very disturbing.
Thanks for your advise. All the agents I spoke with today are asking for too much money to handle her application. Do you know any good agent with a fair price?

Sky_qian

Jun 21, 2024
Thanks for your advise. All the agents I spoke with today are asking for too much money to handle her application. Do you know any good agent with a fair price?
You have not improved your bank account balance, so there is no need to apply for a second application immediately. Also, your statement is too complicated. For example, if you want to see your wife, you can just say that you want to see her, and don’t need to say anything about increasing affection or marriage happiness. At the same time, you also need to explain why you cannot leave Canada to see your wife, but must have your wife come to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my study permit in 2018 / Work permit on 2020 /PR on 2021

We are in a long distance relationship since Feb 2014 for over a decade and I added all of our pictures since 10 years ago
How much time the you spent together in person since moving to Canada?

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
You have not improved your bank account balance, so there is no need to apply for a second application immediately. Also, your statement is too complicated. For example, if you want to see your wife, you can just say that you want to see her, and don’t need to say anything about increasing affection or marriage happiness. At the same time, you also need to explain why you cannot leave Canada to see your wife, but must have your wife come to Canada.

Thank you so much for your time; I really appreciate it.

Those numbers were from her bank statements, and I also attached my own bank statement, which was in good standing, along with a letter of financial support. Do you think that was too much? How can I improve it?

I also mentioned that I’m out of vacation days for the rest of this year and have even borrowed some from next year for the ceremony. :(