+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seek advice on withdraw and re-apply please help

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi all, I have a similar issue, I had applied for my citizenship before I was due and I have been advised to withdraw my application, mine is a little frustrating as I am done with every other stages of the application which includes writing the exam and doing my background check. The only incomplete stage is my physical presence, in this case if I re-apply do I have to go through the entire process again like take the exam and all that ?

Someone please help me I am truly troubled about this
That "only incomplete stage" will stay incomplete for a few years then a citizenship judge will refuse your application.
Your choice whether you prefer the little frustration of starting over or the bigger frustration of fully facing the consequences of not applying properly.

Reactions: FM123

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hi all, I have a similar issue, I had applied for my citizenship before I was due and I have been advised to withdraw my application, mine is a little frustrating as I am done with every other stages of the application which includes writing the exam and doing my background check. The only incomplete stage is my physical presence, in this case if I re-apply do I have to go through the entire process again like take the exam and all that ?

Someone please help me I am truly troubled about this
For the record my withdrawl passes when I have exams/background checks done too. Yeah, just go through all the process -- it's easy to 20/20 the exam anyway.

As others said, better late than never. You'll regret not withdrawing sooner if at last the physical presence is the pain point.

Last edited:

FM123

Sep 8, 2024
End of story with a timeline:
Submitted withdrawal on Sept 15th. Received a paper letter saying withdrawal was successful on Oct 6th. The tracker was marked as complete with withdrawal on Oct 6th. Submitted another application already and things are smooth so far, as if the withdrawal didn't happen.
Thank you, especially @dpenabill and @adbcca
Quick question, after you re-applied did you get to do the whole process from start like take the exams again ?

FM123

Sep 8, 2024
Are you saying you applied before meeting the residency requirements? If so, then yes, you need to withdraw and re-apply from scratch. There is zero chance your application will be approved. It is mandatory to meet the residency obligation of 1095 days on the day you submit the application. Yes, you will need to retake the test and go through the entire process again.
Thank you so much, I will withdraw the application

FM123

Sep 8, 2024
For the record my withdrawl passes when I have exams/background checks done too. Yeah, just go through all the process -- it's easy to 20/20 the exam anyway.

As others said, better late than never. You'll regret not withdrawing sooner if at last the physical presence is the pain point.
Thanks I withdrew already