+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Screening OUTLAND

Ashes14

Aug 23, 2024
Hi guys! I’m new to this lol.
My husband’s application has been in progress since 2022. We went through ADR and PFL letter because of our relationship (we did not have a white wedding) with the help of a lawyer and the officer just stopped updated or working on our file. In July we received the pre-arrival letter (yay!!) and the next day they asked us to send an updated IMM5406. After receiving confirmation that they received that document I ordered GCMS notes because our pr tracker was not updating and i was sceptical is eligibility was passed or not, the only thing that updated was the gc key and background check going from “na” to processing. I received GCMS notes the other day, come to find out our officer has been absent and another officer was instructed by headquarters to process old applications, and he simply passed us for eligibility after looking at our file (it was that easy after all which is frustrating). His security check request was sent to CBSA July 8 and has been in progress/updated on July 18 once we sent them the IMM5406 and his medicals were extended again on July 30. My husband has only ever lived in our home country and would travel about 1-2 weeks at a time for work. What is everyone’s experience with security screening? How long do they take? I don’t really know the process. At this point we’re really excited to be done with all of this but we’re worried our file will get stuck at CBSA.