+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SECURITY Not Started STILL after A YEAR

AkimaRas

Jun 12, 2021
Hey everyone! I need your opinion and help on this because I honestly have no clue what’s going on. Also, @legalfalcon, I’ve read a lot of your responses to other people’s threads, and I really appreciate how thorough and comprehensive they are; I’d be really thankful if you could help decipher what’s going on with my application as well.

I applied for Express Entry FSW on 18th of March 2020. Based on the GCMS note I received today, it seems that they had all my documents in order by 20th of May 2020. My request for biometrics coincided with the COVID travel bans and got delayed several months until I was finally able to do it on 30th of September. And since that time, I heard nothing from them until I applied for the notes THREE MONTHS ago. And now that I have the file, this is the ASSESSMENTS results on page 2:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started (There’s also no s15 or anything anywhere)
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired (the most recent note on the last pages was about a reassessment being granted on 20th of April 2021, and that my medical certificate was extended 12 more months)
Info Sharing: Complete

The rest which I didn’t include were left blank.

I read the threads and various websites about how security usually starts right after eligibility is passed, and in the notes toward the end of the file, it seems that it already happened around that 20th of May mark? (The note that I’m referencing has an EE Eligibility label) So, I’m totally lost on what’s going on.

Thank you for reading all the way down here, and for your help in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey everyone! I need your opinion and help on this because I honestly have no clue what’s going on. Also, @legalfalcon, I’ve read a lot of your responses to other people’s threads, and I really appreciate how thorough and comprehensive they are; I’d be really thankful if you could help decipher what’s going on with my application as well.

I applied for Express Entry FSW on 18th of March 2020. Based on the GCMS note I received today, it seems that they had all my documents in order by 20th of May 2020. My request for biometrics coincided with the COVID travel bans and got delayed several months until I was finally able to do it on 30th of September. And since that time, I heard nothing from them until I applied for the notes THREE MONTHS ago. And now that I have the file, this is the ASSESSMENTS results on page 2:

Medical: Passed - Expired (the most recent note on the last pages was about a reassessment being granted on 20th of April 2021, and that my medical certificate was extended 12 more months)

I read the threads and various websites about how security usually starts right after eligibility is passed, and in the notes toward the end of the file, it seems that it already happened around that 20th of May mark? (The note that I’m referencing has an EE Eligibility label) So, I’m totally lost on what’s going on.

A lot of miles have been placed on hold. The questions you need to ascertain is whether your eligibility is passed by an officer and if the security has been initiated, since security is initiated after the eligibility is conclusively passed.

See the notes and you can compare it with my previous post at #4,004

Also, IRCC was recently having delays with the biometrics, as after your provide them, they have to be run though RCMP, and a report is sent to IRCC, based on which the criminality is passed.

Also, check the section in your GCMS notes for Admissibilities -- Security and see if you have any activities there. If you have any, then that would indicate that the security has been initiated.

Also, in some cases if you are not exempt from travel restriction, your application may be on hold. If you are in Canada, then the security is fairly quick, you will only have a record check. To read on this, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

AkimaRas

Jun 12, 2021
Thank you for the detailed response! I did notice what you said about the Criminality and Bio thing because under the Admissibilities section, the Criminality status said Passed - Bio.

I also checked the thread that you mentioned. The terminology was a bit different, but I think I passed? I had two notes that had the EE Eligibility label, but one had 'REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant' for its text and the other had 'CASE PROCESSING AGENT: Lock-in Date: 2020-03-18'. There was something though that made me wonder if perhaps I'm not eligible yet, and that was when I came across the EE ELIGIBILITY section; under the ASSESSMENT part, the status was Passed - Candidate. Does that mean I'm in? Or is it still undergoing verification?

As for the Admissibilites section, I found Security but its status was, again, Not Started, even though the due date (2020/06/10) has already passed. I also noticed two more things. There was an outgoing document under CORRESPONDENCE section which also shared the same Not Started status as Security; and that one page after the HISTORY section was left blank with the following text:

"Pages ## to / are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act."

There were some blank lines in the next page too, and I noticed a s.16(2)(c) on the upper right corner as well. Could it have anything to do with security?

Thanks again for you time, it's really appreciated!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Thank you for the detailed response! I did notice what you said about the Criminality and Bio thing because under the Admissibilities section, the Criminality status said Passed - Bio.

I also checked the thread that you mentioned. The terminology was a bit different, but I think I passed? I had two notes that had the EE Eligibility label, but one had 'REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant' for its text and the other had 'CASE PROCESSING AGENT: Lock-in Date: 2020-03-18'. There was something though that made me wonder if perhaps I'm not eligible yet, and that was when I came across the EE ELIGIBILITY section; under the ASSESSMENT part, the status was Passed - Candidate. Does that mean I'm in? Or is it still undergoing verification?

As for the Admissibilites section, I found Security but its status was, again, Not Started, even though the due date (2020/06/10) has already passed. I also noticed two more things. There was an outgoing document under CORRESPONDENCE section which also shared the same Not Started status as Security; and that one page after the HISTORY section was left blank with the following text:

"Pages ## to / are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act."

There were some blank lines in the next page too, and I noticed a s.16(2)(c) on the upper right corner as well. Could it have anything to do with security?

Thanks again for you time, it's really appreciated!
Your eligibility is not yet passed. The Officer needs to review it after assistant and agent.

QQkodak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021

Same boat. My eligibility passed on Aug 6, but security is not started. No ideas

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
Same boat. My eligibility passed on Aug 6, but security is not started. No ideas
HI and happy new year,

My application is looks like you in that time that you had open application,could you please let me know how long does it take after eligibility passed your security passed or started?

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th 2023 my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?