+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security delay – how to bridge an expiring PGWP?

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm glad you so graciously concede to the lawyer. If you insisted on me being unable to work I really wouldn't know what to do! :‍)

Yeah, and I also can't work in the sex trade, it says explicitly on my work permit ... oh well, you can never have it all :D
I was actually replying to another e-mail on my phone, saw the e-mail stating this thread was updated and had to see what the outcome was. Such a curious case.

As for conceding to the lawyer, as someone who’s not a lawyer, I’d have to be monumentally ignorant to argue they’re wrong. You’ll get a lot of great advice here on this forum, most of the time it’s solid and correct. However, for cases such as this where you were considering either leaving Canada or potentially l violating the terms of your work permit, you need professional assistance. In my opinion, at least. I think you did the right thing, and now you have a solution.

I was disappointed to learn that my gigalo days were done! But never mind, as you say, you can’t have it all!

Reactions: german_in_toronto