+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Medical and PCC

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
Hello,
I submitted my PR application on March 2021, now both me and my wife have been asked for medical and pcc for the second time - WITHIN 30 days.
Is this usual, was there something wrong with what we initially submitted?

If it is usual, PCC in India is currently taking about 60 days, there is no way we can submit it on time, what should we do in this case? I think initially we were given 90 days.

Please let me know, thanks in advance

Brady_Bryant

Nov 6, 2020
Hey remember that your medical is valid for one year..so yes it's usual for IRCC to ask applicants to re-do it. As for your PCC, submit your request and send an email every 5 days or so to ask for update. If not received within the 30 days, upload the following:
  1. A letter explaining why you did not get it within the time that IRCC gave you (i.e. 30 days)
  2. attach your supporting document (i.e. the request receipt and the emails)
Wish you the best.

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
As for your PCC, submit your request and send an email every 5 days or so to ask for update. If not received within the 30 days, upload the following:
  1. A letter explaining why you did not get it within the time that IRCC gave you (i.e. 30 days)
  2. attach your supporting document (i.e. the request receipt and the emails)
Wish you the best.
Thank you for your reply, I have some clarifications regarding the above:
"submit your request" - do you mean the PCC request?
"email every 5 days" - do you mean email IRCC?

Brady_Bryant

Nov 6, 2020
Thank you for your reply, I have some clarifications regarding the above:
"submit your request" - do you mean the PCC request?
"email every 5 days" - do you mean email IRCC?
Yes I meant submit your PCC request.
email the organization you'd submit the PCC request to every 5 days to ask them for an update. The idea here is to show IRCC you've tried everything in your power but you couldn't get the PCC within 30 days through no fault on yours.

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
Yes I meant submit your PCC request.
email the organization you'd submit the PCC request to every 5 days to ask them for an update. The idea here is to show IRCC you've tried everything in your power but you couldn't get the PCC within 30 days through no fault on yours.
Got it, thank you.

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
I asked IRCC for an extension and they replied that the message will be transmitted to the corresponding office, but asked me to provide the PCC as soon as possible.

Now I have another question- I'm residing in the USA and my country of citizenship is India. I haven't been to India since I applied for PR in Canada.

I can see in IRCC's PCC guidance here that a new PCC is not needed from a previous country of residence if it was obtained after the most recent 6 month stay, in which case I can use the PCC that I had initially submitted for India. Is my understanding right?

For context, here is the request from IRCC

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificat.e An updated police certificate from your current country of residence is required to process your application This must be received at this office by: 2022/06/12"

They seem to be asking for an updated pcc only from the current country of residence, which is USA and which I was able to get. So my guess is that I just need to send them the updated pcc for USA and old pcc for India. I wanted to share this here to hear other thoughts and confirm my understanding.

Sydneyaccountant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
Your PCC for the country of residence can not be older than 6 months, hence the request for new PCC. I just uploaded new PCC for Australia (COR) and didn't supply anything else. They already have the other PCCs so what's the point of sending the old one again?

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
Your PCC for the country of residence can not be older than 6 months, hence the request for new PCC. I just uploaded new PCC for Australia (COR) and didn't supply anything else. They already have the other PCCs so what's the point of sending the old one again?
I'm confused by this statement in the request letter from IRCC

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificat.e An updated police certificate from your current country of residence is required to process your application This must be received at this office by: 2022/06/12"

It's not clear why they have mentioned the statement in bold since they have the original police certificates already.

Sydneyaccountant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2020
I had the same statement in my request so i am guessing it is a standard line. All the PCCs i have supplied so far meet the requirement they have on their website.