+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second invitation to PR portal 4 months after receiving ecopr?

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well...

I received eCoPR through the online PR portal in August 2021, submitted address and photo through the portal which were confirmed and accepted as of early Sept (and my access to the PR portal ended 30 days after that), but still have not received the PR card. GCKey currently shows PR application as Approved as of August 2021 and PR card application as Submitted. I called IRCC to check on the status of the PR card in December and was told that the application was open but the card had not gone into production yet, and there was nothing else I could do about it except continue waiting.

Fast forward to today, and I received an email from IRCC with new credentials inviting me to the PR portal all over again. It is more or less the same email I received back in August, with login credentials for the portal and asking me to confirm my address in Canada and upload a photo so they can confirm me as a PR and issue the PR card.

I would assume this is just a mistake, as I already have the eCoPR and have already used it to obtain a SIN number, so it seems to be valid. However, I'm also concerned that maybe there was some problem with issuing the PR card and that's why they've sent me this email again, and I don't want to ignore it if it's something I need to take action on. Any chance someone else has also gotten this second portal invitation and could provide some insight or suggestions?

Cindyone

Apr 13, 2022
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well...

I received eCoPR through the online PR portal in August 2021, submitted address and photo through the portal which were confirmed and accepted as of early Sept (and my access to the PR portal ended 30 days after that), but still have not received the PR card. GCKey currently shows PR application as Approved as of August 2021 and PR card application as Submitted. I called IRCC to check on the status of the PR card in December and was told that the application was open but the card had not gone into production yet, and there was nothing else I could do about it except continue waiting.

Fast forward to today, and I received an email from IRCC with new credentials inviting me to the PR portal all over again. It is more or less the same email I received back in August, with login credentials for the portal and asking me to confirm my address in Canada and upload a photo so they can confirm me as a PR and issue the PR card.

I would assume this is just a mistake, as I already have the eCoPR and have already used it to obtain a SIN number, so it seems to be valid. However, I'm also concerned that maybe there was some problem with issuing the PR card and that's why they've sent me this email again, and I don't want to ignore it if it's something I need to take action on. Any chance someone else has also gotten this second portal invitation and could provide some insight or suggestions?
I got the same situation as well! I submitted the PR portal and received eCoPR in June 2021. And waiting for the PR card been 10 months. Recently, I received an email from IRCC with new credentials invitation to the PR portal.

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
I got the same situation as well! I submitted the PR portal and received eCoPR in June 2021. And waiting for the PR card been 10 months. Recently, I received an email from IRCC with new credentials invitation to the PR portal.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! If it helps, after I got that second invitation, I called IRCC and was told by the agent over the phone to ignore the email. However, I also emailed the IRCC portal email and got a reply telling me to re-upload photo and address. I spent a long time going back and forth with them unable to clarify exactly what I was supposed to do, so eventually I just re-uploaded just in case it was necessary or would move my file faster. After that nothing has happened and still no progress has been made. I emailed my MP last month, and they checked on the case for me and told me that it was still just open and they had no other updates. So I am also still just waiting....

Extremely frustrating that so many people seem to have gotten their PR cards just a few weeks after eCoPR but others of us have been waiting nearly a whole year without being able to do or find out anything else! But it does help to know that I'm not the only one!

Cindyone

Apr 13, 2022
I called the IRCC agent twice, one told me to ignore the email, but the other told me to follow the email instruction. I redo the PR portal as well. And now the photo and address status is in review in IRCC. And waiting for the updates.

RefugeeUkar

Sep 18, 2021
Did you guys have any update about your cases? I've got second invitation to PR portal today but in my case I haven't gotten the ecopr yet even photo and address still in review with IRCC on Pr Portal.