+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seaman experience for express entry

Adreamer34

Apr 27, 2018
Good day guys!
The semen / Ship engineer/ ship officer usually work four months onboard and three or four months off.
I just believe it is unfair to calculate the experience only while the seaman onboard.
For instance if you are work for 10 years in shipping company then your total experience only is 5 or 6 years because the rest you are off in home.
I would like to ask if the experience In express entry for seamen calculated only while you are onboard or since you join the company.

Tha k you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day guys!
The semen / Ship engineer/ ship officer usually work four months onboard and three or four months off.
I just believe it is unfair to calculate the experience only while the seaman onboard.
For instance if you are work for 10 years in shipping company then your total experience only is 5 or 6 years because the rest you are off in home.
I would like to ask if the experience In express entry for seamen calculated only while you are onboard or since you join the company.

Tha k you
As long as your employment letter states one year of continuous full time employment (2 year part-time) then you can use your work experience. Have you completed ECA and IELTS?

Reactions: Adreamer34

Adreamer34

Apr 27, 2018
As long as your employment letter states one year of continuous full time employment (2 year part-time) then you can use your work experience. Have you completed ECA and IELTS?
Actually the employment never state how many year buy only sea service from joining to disembarkation but my point is it is unfair cause the natural of the job need to be four months in the ship and you work sometimes more than 12 hours in urgent and then 4 months in home.

No not yet I didn't complete ECA but just ielts.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually the employment never state how many year buy only sea service from joining to disembarkation but my point is it is unfair cause the natural of the job need to be four months in the ship and you work sometimes more than 12 hours in urgent and then 4 months in home.

No not yet I didn't complete ECA but just ielts.
Ask IRCC for clarification. Will you be eligible for EE with at least 67 points to submit a profile?