+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Passport Requests and Stage 2 Approvals 2020

ASheraz

Oct 21, 2020
Here you go:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • August 27, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Sds or non sds and which intake you applied for and which univ?

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
Hey congrats man. What's your office? Hoping that Abu Dhabi ppl start sending it soon!
Thank you sir! I am not sure, I applied online from India but I have no clue what office is processing my application. I've received correspondence from Ottawa, Beijing and other offices that weren't mentioned. Hope that answers your question! Good Luck!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
I didn't see a ghost update prior to receiving my Biometrics Validity letter. Good luck!
for all of our sake, could u pl answer

when did u apply - date of online application
did u apply online while residing in India ?

and Congrats !

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
Hey congrats! You got Passport request on email or GcKey? If email what was the address there?
I got an email saying there was “ A message about your application is waiting for you” then I logged into my GCkey and found the message.
Best Wishes!
Edit: the email address that notified me about the message in GCkey is donotreply@cic.gc.ca

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
And how did you submit your biometrics?
Ironclad hit the nail on the head. I had applied earlier in the year and got refused because I sent the bare minimum in terms of paperwork and so on February 12th 2020 I gave my biometrics and it carried over to this application.
I got tremendously lucky with that.
Best Wishes

• Haha
Reactions: Ironclad

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
@jigzyy can you help me understand these. Created by value is different in each of these. If the info is not enough, please let me know.
Sorry, just getting to it now. What is there to understand? You are all good. You have received AIP and everything else is satisfied. Don't worry about Visa Offices. It's their internal processing system and they just bounced from one place to another and got things done. Next thing will be PPR for you soon.

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Ironclad hit the nail on the head. I had applied earlier in the year and got refused because I sent the bare minimum in terms of paperwork and so on February 12th 2020 I gave my biometrics and it carried over to this application.
I got tremendously lucky with that.
Best Wishes
Hey there!
Thanks for answering queries of everyone it's so kind of you but I have a question can you show like how BVL looks like? also did you got it in GC key or via email?

• Love
Reactions: Rajivk937

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
for all of our sake, could u pl answer

when did u apply - date of online application
did u apply online while residing in India ?

and Congrats !
Of course, no problem!

I applied through SDS on July 3rd 2020 with upfront medical and biometrics completed from within India.

This is an incredibly frustrating time for everyone and this process is a taxing one. While I am grateful I was able to submit a complete application and get an approval I am still emailing every office I can find, tweeting and messaging on different platforms to get answers and more clarity on these scenarios.
I cannot move things along any faster however I will answer any and all questions y’all might have.
From what I’ve found Canada and IRCC are working diligently to keep the process moving by delegating processing duties to various countries. While it is unfortunate VFS Canada isn’t open for biometrics collections it seems to me there are proactive measures being put into place so that everyone experiences a smooth and safe experience in gaining entry to Canada.

Best Wishes!

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
Hey there!
Thanks for answering queries of everyone it's so kind of you but I have a question can you show like how BVL looks like? also did you got it in GC key or via email?
No worries!

Dear ___________
RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2030/02/12 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your MyAccount at www.cic.gc.ca/English/e-services/account.asp
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada’s website at www.cic.gc.ca
IMM5825 (10-2018) E

IMPORTANT
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon entering Canada.
Sincerely,
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
Chao Yang District
Beijing
100600, China (PRC)
Application Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=beijing
www.China.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

I got an email saying there was “ A message about your application is waiting for you” then I logged into my GCkey and found the message.

Best Wishes!