+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Screnshoot on facebook and Instagram.Help!!

eriasr

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
05-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-03-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2017
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully for 2 weeks
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello guys to prove my public relationship i have taken screnshoots of photos and post from facebook & INSTAGRAM.In some photos i have too many comments from my friends cousin and family.My question is do i have to translate this Comments or its ok that they aren't in English. I have taken almost 20 of screnshoots on facebook and 15 on Instagram.So please help me with this...

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. Social media is supplementary. The comments are extra no need to translate

eriasr

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
05-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-03-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2017
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully for 2 weeks
LANDED..........
SOON
jeffporfirio1 said:
No. Social media is supplementary. The comments are extra no need to translate
so only send this screnshoots and thats all right?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just went through this myself and Happy to share the way.

What'sapp: you can use "email Chat" option with any body and you will get a log with all mssges, but no media. Make sure to use your wife's first name or any name you'd be comfortable using as you would not like her nickname to appear in the document.

FB massenger: do a facebook "download my data" through privacy, and you can find all chats with everybody (even deleted conversations and long-forgotten ones) there. Make sure your wife never finds this download. No way to kill your data on fb confirmed. even by manually deletion.

Fun fact: I printed 400 page conversations and intend to send them! IT IS ALL IN ARABIC LOL!

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Just went through this myself and Happy to share the way.

What'sapp: you can use "email Chat" option with any body and you will get a log with all mssges, but no media. Make sure to use your wife's first name or any name you'd be comfortable using as you would not like her nickname to appear in the document.

FB massenger: do a facebook "download my data" through privacy, and you can find all chats with everybody (even deleted conversations and long-forgotten ones) there. Make sure your wife never finds this download. No way to kill your data on fb confirmed. even by manually deletion.

Fun fact: I printed 400 page conversations and intend to send them! IT IS ALL IN ARABIC LOL!

Yeah. You got it.
Attach as much pictures, chats, social media as you want/can....the more the better

neftis

Jan 11, 2017
It does say on the checklist:
  • Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.

but if you want to follow famous Russian sayings, go ahead.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
neftis said:
It does say on the checklist:
  • Letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages.

but if you want to follow famous Russian sayings, go ahead.
LOL! I thought so too that fb and other social media were not that important. But real story:my friend sponsor her husband outland, she is 25 years older than him, met on Caribbean crouse. All proof of the relationship was their messages to each other, and plus some picture when she went to see him (2 times). They got approved without even interview. To be honest there were almost 100 pages of messages though...

neftis

Jan 11, 2017
abrakadabra said:
LOL! I thought so too that fb and other social media were not that important. But real story:my friend sponsor her husband outland, she is 25 years older than him, met on Caribbean crouse. All proof of the relationship was their messages to each other, and plus some picture when she went to see him (2 times). They got approved without even interview. To be honest there were almost 100 pages of messages though...
They're definitely important proof for some couples, I'm also in a long distance relationship and I saw him 3 times in 2 years so I'll need our chat logs as proof... The thing is they didn't have a maximum before, and now there's that about 10 pages... It feels like it won't be enough, but I don't feel like not doing what they ask :(
Maybe after more people apply this year and share their experiences we'll know more about this rule, but for now I wouldn't know what to do.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Don't send as "much as you want". The instructions are pretty clear, 10 pages of conversation items, and 20 photos.

I'd suggest translating the conversations. You can translate them yourself. You can add a note that many more are available if necessary. Do you really think any officer is going to read through 100 pages of Arabic? Gotta use a little common sense. :p

Trust me, I know the feeling. I sent in 110 photos with our app, and I had trouble narrowing that down. But, if the instructions told me 20 I would have been relieved to only send 20 lol. Just let them tell you if they want more.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquakitty said:
Don't send as "much as you want". The instructions are pretty clear, 10 pages of conversation items, and 20 photos.

I'd suggest translating the conversations. You can translate them yourself. You can add a note that many more are available if necessary. Do you really think any officer is going to read through 100 pages of Arabic? Gotta use a little common sense. :p

Trust me, I know the feeling. I sent in 110 photos with our app, and I had trouble narrowing that down. But, if the instructions told me 20 I would have been relieved to only send 20 lol. Just let them tell you if they want more.
I got many recommendation from many approved people, including those I know personally to support my application with as many pages as I can. It is not that huge, they will not read it thoroughly anyway. I need to demonstrate that this can never be the rate of talks between casual friendship (or business-doers ;) )

conversations have timestamps in English. I will not be even able to translate them from arabic as they are not in standard arabic but in dialectual Egyptian! AND THEY ARE PRETTY INTIMATE FOR GOD SAKE! If they leak I could win a million dollar suit :D

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
wildemam said:
I got many recommendation from many approved people, including those I know personally to support my application with as many pages as I can. It is not that huge, they will not read it thoroughly anyway. I need to demonstrate that this can never be the rate of talks between casual friendship (or business-doers ;) )

conversations have timestamps in English. I will not be even able to translate them from arabic as they are not in standard arabic but in dialectual Egyptian! AND THEY ARE PRETTY INTIMATE FOR GOD SAKE! If they leak I could win a million dollar suit :D
Yes but the rules only just changed with the new application this January, I would guess that other people who have been approved who had sent hundreds of pages were not using the new application, so you need to follow what it says exactly, you really shouldn't just do whatever you want and send as much as you can. There must be a reason why they have limited it, I assume its because they have speeded up processing times for all countries. If they want more later they will tell you and good thing you will be able to accommodate it.