+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schools of Continuing Studies Vs Colleges

daretoamr

Sep 17, 2019
Hey Guys,

I am a prospective international student who already got admitted to Centennial college for a post-graduate program.

I am not an expert of the canadian education system so i am confused about the differences between a college like Centennial college and a school of Continuing Studies like that one that belongs to York university..

So my question is which is better ? go for a top college like Centennial or join a school of continuing studies that belongs to universities like york university and toronto university ?!!! [assuming I will get the same degree lvl in both scenarios and approx paying the same tuition fees]

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't typically get degrees from schools of continuing studies. They're for non-credit studies. Any certificate you may get from a school of continuing studies, like a certificate of completion, would not be regarded as a degree by anyone in Canada.

aqsathak

Nov 16, 2020
Hi there, I wanted to know either from @daratoamr or @k.h.p, do any of you know how the "two or more certificates, degrees, diplomas..." in the Express entry works with certificates from continuing schools of studies In canada? I actually just completed a 6-month certificate in risk management from York U School of continuing Studies. I wanted to apply into Express entry with the 2 or more option since, I already have a 4-year bachelor degree, verified with ECA already from WES. But additionally I completed my certificate from York U just this week. Please do let me know if you have any information on this.

Thank you!