+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scheduled Interview Question

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
Hello all,

After waiting for 6 months post ITA, I received an email stating that an interview has been scheduled for me in Abu Dhabi next month. While reading the letter issued by them it reads as follows;

"A visa officer has determined that a personal interview is required. You are requested to attend an interview for the purpose of proceeding with an examination"

Now I am confused regarding the highlighted phrase "proceeding with an examination" - can someone who has given an interview tell me what examination are they talking about? Will that take place on the spot?

Would be really grateful for the input.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"
Interview Done --- Summary below:
FSW 2014 Dec Application
Got interview Call 11th Feb
Interview was at Abu Dhabi Mall 3pm, I reached at 9th floor at 2.15pm, the security guard diverted me to 10th floor after seeing my interview letter.
Imp Note: I have switched the Job and came to UAE a year back, however didn’t notify them about the change
I have been called at 3.10pm for interview.
After greeting session, to break the ice I talked about UAE weather these days.
• He asked so you are here from Pak, and I told him that I am living in UAE since 1 year. He got surprised as there was nothing in the application.
• He explained me the disclaimer as usual that everybody know that you need to be truthful and all that ….
• He also told me that this interview is to check work Exp document
• Passport Check
• Travel history Check as while checking my passport he said you have so many travel history
• Asked question about where did you travel and when
• Purpose of travel
• Specifically asked about how many leisure trips you had
• Travel history with family
• Few family related question like
o How many kids
o Are you planning to have more
o Where are they right now
o Are they happy living in UAE
• Any political affiliations
• What is your religion
• Are you associated to any religious institution
• Are you and family ready to move to Canada ---- as my sister-in-law is there so I handled accordingly
• Do you have bank account in UAE
• I provided him 6 months banks stamped statement (UAE and Pak both)
• I proactively told him that do you want to see my latest salary slips and match with statement (UAE bank)
• He positively said yes, took my salary slips and verified the statement – he looked positive on that
• I told him this statement bundle is also to proof my funds so if you see my UAE account and Pak account the total saving I have is XXX CAD, he looked pretty satisfied
• He saw few my docs (current job) at my side across the glass and asked can you give me that doc as it looked important to me and it was my JD doc with HR head signed and company stamped (of my current job)
• He asked what is my position and what do you look after
• My answer was in 2 line only that my position is Head of ABC department and I look after the complete XYZ region … THAT’S IT … and he didn’t ask anything else about my JD .....
• I told him, I have reference letter as well on company letter head, he showed interest to look into that, he asked question about undersigned … from where he is, what is his position and how is his behavior like bossy, angry etc I smiled and said he is quite humble and composed like you …
• He asked you worked for XXX company in Pak which is international big company so why did you leave the company – I told him there is no doubt that XXX company is heaven on earth but what I have learnt while traveling to different countries is what you can learn while working with different culture and nationalities’, you can’t learnt that in any institution and through books .. he was convinced and gesture was positive
• He asked about my PCC, I gave him myself and my spouse Dubai PCC … he was pretty satisfied
• Then he asked me where I am planning to go and why --- I told him as per my research there are two main hub one is Toronto and another is Vancouver --- I am planning to go to BC as my wife’s sister is there
• Then he asked couple of questions about relative, like what did she (sister-in-law) do, how many kids etc
• He asked for my updated forms and took my signature
• And finally he smiled and said you have very impressive profile and your documents look wonderful. I am happy to tell you that your eligibility review is cleared and you will get Medical in one month time (InshaAllah)
• And he also told me that after medical submission you will get visa in one month time so in total 2-3 months’ time (InshaAllah) so you should start planning
• We chatted about few general things and done"

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi.180658/page-147

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for the long answer much appreciated! :)

So "proceeding with an examination" means "medical exam" right? But I have already given a medical exam after ITA. So why are they asking again? As far as I remember medical exam is valid for a year...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the long answer much appreciated! :)

So "proceeding with an examination" means "medical exam" right? But I have already given a medical exam after ITA. So why are they asking again? As far as I remember medical exam is valid for a year...
No. It does not mean medicals.

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
Thank you! Mine was on 18 March. The VO only asked me about my work experience and income - the interview lasted only 10 mins. In the end he said he is satisfied. It took another 2 months for me to get the visa. Hope that helps!

Let me know if you have more questions?

Reactions: Rayan12

Rayan12

Feb 27, 2018
Thank you! Mine was on 18 March. The VO only asked me about my work experience and income - the interview lasted only 10 mins. In the end he said he is satisfied. It took another 2 months for me to get the visa. Hope that helps!

Let me know if you have more questions?
Sounds great! I hope it goes that smooth for me too.
Any idea when Abu dhabi usually conducts interviews?

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
You'll get it soon, don't worry! Order GCMS notes to see the progress of your application. As for the interviews I have no idea when it will be scheduled next, sorry!

Reactions: Rayan12

Rayan12

Feb 27, 2018
You'll get it soon, don't worry! Order GCMS notes to see the progress of your application. As for the interviews I have no idea when it will be scheduled next, sorry!
Thankyou:))))
Yep already ordered the notes, first one showed that eligibility was by passed by CIO.
I guess LVO isn’t too satisfied:/ lol