+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A Background/ Declaration URGENT!

Jan 12, 2018
Hi there,

Just wondering if, as the sponsor, I am required to complete a background check and fingerprinting along with my husband? The application here is really confusing as it states all family members, but I'm a Canadian citizen and when I went to get the background check done for myself the police officer assisting me said I shouldn't need to do it because I'm the sponsor...? It also takes up to 120 days to receive the police certificate and it's due to the IRCC on the 18th of January, I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to meet that deadline since they only gave me a month to get this done, is there a way for me to submit my receipt of payment for the police certificates while I'm waiting for them by the deadline instead?

Thank you!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I found it confusing as well and had mine done (Canadian citizen).....and they didn’t need them. We had the wife’s COPR before I got the report for myself. We sent copies of the paperwork and receipts to IRCC for the fingerprints, along with the receipt on a case specific enquiry. We also included a note that the processing time was “X” and we would forward the results when they were complete. IRCC knows that sometimes it takes a while and as long as you keep them informed, they are ok with it. It’s when you don’t respond they get cranky.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: CanehdianBacon
Jan 12, 2018
I found it confusing as well and had mine done (Canadian citizen).....and they didn’t need them. We had the wife’s COPR before I got the report for myself. We sent copies of the paperwork and receipts to IRCC for the fingerprints, along with the receipt on a case specific enquiry. We also included a note that the processing time was “X” and we would forward the results when they were complete. IRCC knows that sometimes it takes a while and as long as you keep them informed, they are ok with it. It’s when you don’t respond they get cranky.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Alright so I for sure don't require a background check, thank you so so much! I'm going to upload everything we have to our linked account now and hopefully everything will be good to go! Thank you again!!