+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saudi Police Clearance / Certificate

username2013

May 5, 2014
Hi,

CIC has requested for Saudi PCC. Their website says I need to contact my consulate. My consulate says they don't provide such a service!

What do I do?!

Kindly help please.

applied CEC:24 May 2014

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Very difficult to get PCC from outside Saudi. Try to get from agent or ask for exemption.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
username2013 said:
CIC has requested for Saudi PCC. Their website says I need to contact my consulate. My consulate says they don't provide such a service!
Where are you? are you in Canada, KSA, other country? It matters...

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
username2013 said:
Hi,

What do I do?!

Kindly help please.

applied CEC:24 May 2014

you need to apply through an agent who works for the saudi embassy. if you are in canada, you will need to get your finger prints taken here , provide it to the agent and the agent processes it for you then .

Ziad S.

Dec 12, 2014
Where are you located ?

like other users suggested, anything that has to do with the Saudi embassy has to go trough an agent.
try and contact Enterprise visa in Ottawa, they deal wit the Saudi embassy.

username2013

May 5, 2014
I'm in Ottawa, and I don't want to go though these agents, they seem shady and charges crazy fee for it!

How do you go about getting an exemption ? Any details?

Thank you very much.

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
I have the same problem with my Vietnamese police clearance. According to the Embassy and the Vietnamese Government, I simply have to ask some members of my family to get it for me. The thing is non of my relatives have ever been to Vietnam... The only other solution would be for me to go there a firs time to ask for the paper, and then go back 2 months after to maybe get it. I definitely can't afford to fly there, especially twice, for a single paper...

How could one get an exemption...?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
marmaht said:
I have the same problem with my Vietnamese police clearance. According to the Embassy and the Vietnamese Government, I simply have to ask some members of my family to get it for me. The thing is non of my relatives have ever been to Vietnam... The only other solution would be for me to go there a firs time to ask for the paper, and then go back 2 months after to maybe get it. I definitely can't afford to fly there, especially twice, for a single paper...
Yikes, that's a tough one. You have 2 choices:

1) Find an agent, like a lawyer in Viet Nam (likely costs a lot, and seems risky to me) - see for example, the last post in this thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/impossible-to-make-police-clearance-in-vietnam-t127002.0.html

2) Write a letter of explanation to CIC, how it is not possible for a non-citizen, non-resident of Viet Nam to get a PCC from that country . . . Document all your efforts to get one, provide as much proof as possible, and request an exemption in this case. Provide your addresses and proof of residing there (Eg. visas, residence cards).

I had a similar situation for two countries (but also provided several other PCCs), one of which was Cambodia - similar situation, but even less information. I actually did have a friend go and inquire on my behalf, but later he wrote telling me of his terrible experience, he was now a target of the thugs (police), and begging me not to ask him again.

So I had a log of phone calls, faxes, letters, and emails (most of which I received no reply), managed to get a letter from the Aus embassy in Phnom Penh stating that it wasn't possible to get the PCC except in person (I don't know how many people got in trouble on my behalf). Listed my work and residence addresses, photocopied all my IDs/travel/work documents for my time there; I submitted about 1 inch thick of documentation, and requested an exemption.

Not sure if it delayed my application, but it was approved. This actually happens to a lot of people.

For what it's worth - from the US State Dept - basically agrees you have to go in person, or have a representative apply in person -

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/VM.html#policerecords-6

For foreigners who formerly resided in Vietnam and no longer reside in Vietnam

Request for a "Justice Record Check #1" (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 1) must be made at the National Center of Criminal Records - Vietnamese Ministry of Justice in Hanoi. Contact information is as follows:

National Center of Criminal Records
Address: 58 - 60 Tran Phu Street, Ba Ðinh District, Hanoi.
Telephone: +84-4-62739718
Fax: 04.62739359
Email: cntt@moj.gov.vn

The processing fee to request this document is 200.000VND per applicant, and the record check takes approximately 10 working days to complete. If applicant cannot present himself/herself at the National Center of Criminal Records, he/she can grant authority to someone else to apply on his/her behalf as long as he/she provides a Letter of Attorney which is legalized/ authenticated by Vietnamese Consulate General or Vietnamese Embassy at the city of their current residence.

Applicant should be prepared to present two (2) sets of the following documents at the time of the request:

Completed application form (Form 03/TT-LLTP.) if applicant can apply in person, or completed application form (Form 04/TT-LLTP) if applicant cannot apply in person and authorizes someone else to apply on his/her behalf;

Applicant's passport;
Proof of residence location and length of time applicant resided in Vietnam, such as his/her old entry-exit permit detailing the length of time applicant resided in Vietnam, the permanent residence card, if any, or a residence certification from the local People's Committee of applicant's residence.

Ziad S.

Dec 12, 2014
username2013 said:
I'm in Ottawa, and I don't want to go though these agents, they seem shady and charges crazy fee for it!

How do you go about getting an exemption ? Any details?

Thank you very much.
If getting the clearance is easier than going through the exemption process, then you have nothing to worry about with this agent. They have office downtown you can go yourself. Its your choice as I really haven't gone through this before.

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Thanks a LOT for this answer. I already joined a copy of a few emails I exchanged from people over there, and a letter explaining my case when I sent my application. I will definitely try to contact more people and have more written proofs, which they tend to avoid... They always call me, even though I tell them that I prefer emails.
I'll keep my fingers crossed...! :)