+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan SINP Apply [ Occupation-in-demand or via Express Entry ]

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Experts,

Can you please support with below Q, as not able to find a clear answer on immigration website !

I am eligible and applying for SINP, wondering which route is better i.e. via occupation-in-demand or Express Entry ? What's the key different/advantage of these 2 options ?

I do have experience in an NOC which is under occupation-in-demand while I have also created an Express Entry profile (low points), but happy to delete my EE profile if applying via occupation-in-demand has any advantages !

Thanks.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Experts,

Can you please support with below Q, as not able to find a clear answer on immigration website !

I am eligible and applying for SINP, wondering which route is better i.e. via occupation-in-demand or Express Entry ? What's the key different/advantage of these 2 options ?

I do have experience in an NOC which is under occupation-in-demand while I have also created an Express Entry profile (< 360 points), but happy to delete my EE profile if applying via occupation-in-demand has any advantages !

Thanks.
Only one thing different which is processing time. If you nominated via OID then you have to wait for another 19 month for paper based PR application. And for express entry it only takes hardly 6 months. No other advantages in OID other than you can still apply for sinp if you cant creat EE profile.

Reactions: JaySingh80

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
Only one thing different which is processing time. If you nominated via OID then you have to wait for another 19 month for paper based PR application. And for express entry it only takes hardly 6 months. No other advantages in OID other than you can still apply for sinp if you cant creat EE profile.
Thanks Pat ! So assuming that via OID even after getting invitation I have to wait min. 19 months before I can migrate, right ! So EE seem better route, and I shall go with same! Would appreciate if you can also share any link which details these aspects please!

JaySingh80

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Jay- I've recently applied for SINP via the EE route. I suppose the link below will help you to get some understanding on the processing times for EE and OID for Sask. Thankyou

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/check-application-processing-times-for-sinp
Thanks Sachagan! So wondering if post applying the IELTS expires during the long wait period, then we need to retake the exam or not needed !

Sachagan

Aug 31, 2020
This is not an expert advise but I'd think that after we apply and the whilst the application is in consideration with the immigration authorities, the IELTS score that is already obtained should hold good. Personally- I think you will not be required to take another IELTS exam when the application is already in the processing stage. Good luck with the process. I am currently at 65 points on the SINP grid score and waiting with bated breath to get my EOI picked. I've been maintaining the funds for the past 6 months now. Let's see. All the best for your application.

Reactions: JaySingh80