+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan or Manitoba which is better for PR

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Divi707 said:
oh ok .. but i already applied for IBM in toronto ...
so can u now tell that after completion of my studies how can i move to Saskatchewan i mean for which study..... in which collg.. ??
There's only Saskatchewan Polytechnic, University of Regina or University of Saskatchewan. Check out all that they offer and apply for whatever you like. Once you get in, just get up and go to Saskatchewan. That's all you need to do. Make sure you have a fair bit of savings.

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
luvly3 said:
Yes with the new changes getting PR through CEC may not be easy that's why I am thinking of moving to Saskatchewan so I could have the PNP and CEC options... I have applied for admission into the civil technician program at Saskatchewan polytechnic.. Hoping I get in.. Thanks for your input
Have you ever taken in consideration looking for a job wherever you are and then try to apply for PR via FSW?

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Bruno V. S. said:
Have you ever taken in consideration looking for a job wherever you are and then try to apply for PR via FSW?
Correct me if I am wrong but FSW is a good option for France, Brazil or Cuba for sure but check out the processing time for other countries. It is crazy. For example, in India's case it is 24 months! :eek:

And there are other countries sitting at 40+ months.

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
karankullar said:
Correct me if I am wrong but FSW is a good option for France, Brazil or Cuba for sure but check out the processing time for other countries. It is crazy. For example, in India's case it is 24 months! :eek:

And there are other countries sitting at 40+ months.
I didn't know that! That's not fair..
I thought it was all the same for everyone! For Brazilians, I think FSW process is much faster.
Before Express Entry, it wasn't though.
Now, I'm curious. What happens if he gets a job offer and apply for PR with the FSW system? Would his PGWP be extended and he would be able to work there? Or he would have to go back to his country and wait? That would make him lose that job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

karankullar is right man, you really should check the processing time for your country! I think my advice won't be a good choice if you'll have to wait that long.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Bruno V. S. said:
I didn't know that! That's not fair..
I thought it was all the same for everyone! For Brazilians, I think FSW process is much faster.
Before Express Entry, it wasn't though.
Now, I'm curious. What happens if he gets a job offer and apply for PR with the FSW system? Would his PGWP be extended and he would be able to work there? Or he would have to go back to his country and wait? That would make him lose that job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

karankullar is right man, you really should check the processing time for your country! I think my advice won't be a good choice if you'll have to wait that long.
To tell you the truth, with this new express entry, I am not even sure what's wrong and what's right lol. PGWPs can't be extended though. And for any kind of work permit, you would need a LMIA, which I believe is getting harder and harder to get. Also, by the time you guys get close to filling your applications, CIC probably would change a lot of stuff. Planning that much ahead usually doesn't work out. If I were given a second go at getting PR, I would stick with doing a good technical diploma and then worry about a job. Basically I would take it one step at a time.

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
karankullar said:
To tell you the truth, with this new express entry, I am not even sure what's wrong and what's right lol. PGWPs can't be extended though. And for any kind of work permit, you would need a LMIA, which I believe is getting harder and harder to get. Also, by the time you guys get close to filling your applications, CIC probably would change a lot of stuff. Planning that much ahead usually doesn't work out. If I were given a second go at getting PR, I would stick with doing a good technical diploma and then worry about a job. Basically I would take it one step at a time.
Whaaaaat.. That's new to me. I didn't know about the LMIA. Haha
Even if you have a PGWP, you have to convince the company to apply for LMIA?
In an interview, I bet they get scared as soon as you tell them that you are a foreign worker and if they want to hire you, they have to fill a form for LMIA aaaaaaaaaaaaaand wait to see if CIC aproves it. :(

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Bruno V. S. said:
Whaaaaat.. That's new to me. I didn't know about the LMIA. Haha
Even if you have a PGWP, you have to convince the company to apply for LMIA?
In an interview, I bet they get scared as soon as you tell them that you are a foreign worker and if they want to hire you, they have to fill a form for LMIA aaaaaaaaaaaaaand wait to see if CIC aproves it. :(
CIC doesn't approve LMIA, Service Canada does. You don't need LMIA per se but the thing with the new express entry system is that people with the highest ranking in the pool i.e. most experience, most education and other such positive factors would be the ones who would be invited to apply and basically the competition starts right now. More points you have, better are the chances you would be invited to apply. The lowest score to be invited in the first pool was 453 points, which is not very good. But from here on, it's only going to get higher as most of us see it. Now here is the big bang. A positive LMIA alone is 600 points I believe. That kinda guarantees you an invitation. But there is hope for others too. If If you have a few years of experience and good education, one should be fine without a LMIA as well. Also, the minimum work experience now required is 2 years. That is something to keep in mind for sure. So when choosing study courses, students will have to keep that in mind.

For you it is important too, you might have to choose a longer program if you wanna get PR. Look into it man. Just found this all out today! It came as kind of a shock.

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
karankullar said:
CIC doesn't approve LMIA, Service Canada does. You don't need LMIA per se but the thing with the new express entry system is that people with the highest ranking in the pool i.e. most experience, most education and other such positive factors would be the ones who would be invited to apply and basically the competition starts right now. More points you have, better are the chances you would be invited to apply. The lowest score to be invited in the first pool was 453 points, which is not very good. But from here on, it's only going to get higher as most of us see it. Now here is the big bang. A positive LMIA alone is 600 points I believe. That kinda guarantees you an invitation. But there is hope for others too. If If you have a few years of experience and good education, one should be fine without a LMIA as well. Also, the minimum work experience now required is 2 years. That is something to keep in mind for sure. So when choosing study courses, students will have to keep that in mind.

For you it is important too, you might have to choose a longer program if you wanna get PR. Look into it man. Just found this all out today! It came as kind of a shock.
OMG!!! There's a BOOM going on in my brain right now!!!
I see now. It's not the job offer that gives you 600 points! It's LMIA. You can get a job and ask for your employer to apply for LMIA later to get PR! Now I understand it!
About the required work experience, are you sure about that?? So, to apply for FSW you gotta have 2 years of work experience?
I used to work as a paid trainee for 1 year and a half; and 6 months as a Creative Designer. Also, I've been working as a freelancer.
Here is a hard one for you:
Do you think those 1 year and a half of paid trainee count as a work experience? (I'm sure unpaid trainees and freelances doesn't count as a work experience, but since (during my time as a paid trainee) I was getting paid, working full time and doing the same job as Designers, can it be counted as a work experience? The reason why I was considered as a trainee was because I was studying in a college as well.)
If it does not count, I would have to choose a 2 years program and work in my field during the whole study program!
Noooo!!!!! :(

Thanks so much man, you are that kind of guy that shows up right in time! I didn't know any of those infos!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Bruno V. S. said:
OMG!!! There's a BOOM going on in my brain right now!!!
I see now. It's not the job offer that gives you 600 points! It's LMIA. You can get a job and ask for your employer to apply for LMIA later to get PR! Now I understand it!
About the required work experience, are you sure about that?? So, to apply for FSW you gotta have 2 years of work experience?
I used to work as a paid trainee for 1 year and a half; and 6 months as a Creative Designer. Also, I've been working as a freelancer.
Here is a hard one for you:
Do you think those 1 year and a half of paid trainee count as a work experience? (I'm sure unpaid trainees and freelances doesn't count as a work experience, but since (during my time as a paid trainee) I was getting paid, working full time and doing the same job as Designers, can it be counted as a work experience? The reason why I was considered as a trainee was because I was studying in a college as well.)
If it does not count, I would have to choose a 2 years program and work in my field during the whole study program!
Noooo!!!!! :(

Thanks so much man, you are that kind of guy that shows up right in time! I didn't know any of those infos!
I am actually not sure man if that would count or not but my best guess would be that they would count it since it was paid work. Also, for FSW you need 1 year experience and for Canadian Experience Class(CEC) you need 2 years of work experience. Check out the following 2 links, they will give you ample amount of info and a good idea as to what you should choose to do: (remove spaces)

CEC: http://www. cic. gc. ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who .asp

FSW: http://www. cic. gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who. asp

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
karankullar said:
I am actually not sure man if that would count or not but my best guess would be that they would count it since it was paid work. Also, for FSW you need 1 year experience and for Canadian Experience Class(CEC) you need 2 years of work experience. Check out the following 2 links, they will give you ample amount of info and a good idea as to what you should choose to do: (remove spaces)

CEC: http://www. cic. gc. ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who .asp

FSW: http://www. cic. gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who. asp
Oh, I see now! So I can still go for FSW with a 1 year program. Yey! Even if that time doesn't count, I would just have to find a job and work for 6 months to be eligible!
karankullar, I just read what is written in that link and it says that CEC requires 1 year of work experience. :p
And I'm wondering, what if I work for 1 or 2 years for a Canadian company and then come back to my country.
Can I still apply for CEC, even if I had returned to my country? (Because my PGWP had already expired)

Sorry for my thousand questions I've been doing so far!
And thank you, because of you I'm a lot more confident about it and now I know all these important information that I wouldn't if it wasn't for you.
THANKS ;D

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Bruno V. S. said:
Oh, I see now! So I can still go for FSW with a 1 year program. Yey! Even if that time doesn't count, I would just have to find a job and work for 6 months to be eligible!
karankullar, I just read what is written in that link and it says that CEC requires 1 year of work experience. :p
And I'm wondering, what if I work for 1 or 2 years for a Canadian company and then come back to my country.
Can I still apply for CEC, even if I had returned to my country? (Because my PGWP had already expired)

Sorry for my thousand questions I've been doing so far!
And thank you, because of you I'm a lot more confident about it and now I know all these important information that I wouldn't if it wasn't for you.
THANKS ;D
I believe you can apply but don't quote me on it. Also, I thought you need 2 years for CEC and 1 year FSW, isn't it?

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
No CEC is 1 year work experience inside Canada while FSW is 1 year inside or outside Canada within the last 10 years...

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
karankullar said:
I believe you can apply but don't quote me on it. Also, I thought you need 2 years for CEC and 1 year FSW, isn't it?
I asked you that because if I get lucky and get a job in my field before a 1 year PGWP, I could work for 1 year and I wouldn't be able to stay in Canada because my PGWP would have already expired.
Then I could come back to Brazil and apply for CEC. IF I get that lucky. LOL
I'm not sure about the required years for CEC, but the weblink that you provided says that it is still 1 year of skilled work experience inside Canada. :p

seebaasn

Jan 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I will be moving to Saskatchewan this summer and I'm planning to get a job within admin/business field, perhaps as an administrative assistant - at least in the beginning. therefore could you let me know if based on SINP programme under Existing Work Permit Sub-Category which according to random websites, allow workers who have worked in SK for at least for 6months, to apply for permanent residence - would I be able to apply for PR?
Given that I have working holiday visa that i valid for 12 months once i have entered the country, I hope that during this time, I will manage to secure my PR.

Many thanks
Seb

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi guys,
I am planning an MBA course from Manitoba. And like everyone else, my ultimate goal too is getting PR but I not with short cuts. Could someone please guide me on how to go about student visa, work permit and PR from Manitoba?

Deepali