+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan or Manitoba which is better for PR

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Hi guys I just finished a 1 year program from ontario and I am thinking of going to either Saskatchewan or Manitoba to take another one year program... Which of the above mentioned province would be better for PR and jobs..

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luvly3 said:
Hi guys I just finished a 1 year program from ontario and I am thinking of going to either Saskatchewan or Manitoba to take another one year program... Which of the above mentioned province would be better for PR and jobs..
Definitely, Saskatchewan, you can apply a pnp while you are studying at Saskatchewan colleges.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
luvly3 said:
Check out the websites for the latest info but I have lived in Saskatchewan and there are a lot of very good paying jobs there. However, the pnp is slower when compared to Manitoba. So if PR is a priority, Manitoba might be a better option and I know from some of my friends that they have a lot of good paying jobs as well. Also, in my opinion, derived from my past experiences, Manitoba's PNP seems to be a lot more stable and they don't change rules as often as Saskatchewan. That said, Saskatchewan is working hard to improve their PNP.

Moral: They are both good, just depends on your personal goals and be sure to check the websites for the latest application categories and their requirements.

Good luck :)

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
karankullar said:
Check out the websites for the latest info but I have lived in Saskatchewan and there are a lot of very good paying jobs there. However, the pnp is slower when compared to Manitoba. So if PR is a priority, Manitoba might be a better option and I know from some of my friends that they have a lot of good paying jobs as well. Also, in my opinion, derived from my past experiences, Manitoba's PNP seems to be a lot more stable and they don't change rules as often as Saskatchewan. That said, Saskatchewan is working hard to improve their PNP.

Moral: They are both good, just depends on your personal goals and be sure to check the websites for the latest application categories and their requirements.

Good luck :)
Hi,
Thanks for the info.... I actually did some comparison between the 2 provinces from in obtained from their pnp sites, Manitoba seems easy on the eyes because it doesn't require a skilled job and it doesn't have caps but I am subconsciously tilting towards Saskatchewan because I feel it's more open and diverse in terms of the economy(jobs) plus it has more than one big city unlike Manitoba which has majorly Winnipeg which could make the competition really tough for good jobs... Don't know if I am right about this

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2014 waheguru ne mehar kiti a
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
luvly3 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the info.... I actually did some comparison between the 2 provinces from in obtained from their pnp sites, Manitoba seems easy on the eyes because it doesn't require a skilled job and it doesn't have caps but I am subconsciously tilting towards Saskatchewan because I feel it's more open and diverse in terms of the economy(jobs) plus it has more than one big city unlike Manitoba which has majorly Winnipeg which could make the competition really tough for good jobs... Don't know if I am right about this
Yes your are doing right decision. Saskatchewan is better than manitoba

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dental15 said:
Definitely, Saskatchewan, you can apply a pnp while you are studying at Saskatchewan colleges.
really??? where is it mentioned? can anyone provide me the link regarding this...

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
luvly3 said:
Hi,
I don't know much about Manitoba to tell you the truth but I just checked the SINP website and it is fairly simple. The threshold is a problem but for the most part, getting a skilled job in Saskatchewan is pretty easy. I did welding at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and was able to get a job before I even graduated. So if you like Saskatchewan, choose it by all means. Also, if you are a skilled worker, you can always apply for permanent residence through CEC like it did. All you need is a year's experience. But with this new express entry system, I am not sure of tough is it to get a LMIA. Anyhow, the bottom line is: If you wanna be in Saskatchewan, they will help you out. I have talked to the director once and they seem very flexible when it comes to helping applicant out.

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
karankullar said:
I don't know much about Manitoba to tell you the truth but I just checked the SINP website and it is fairly simple. The threshold is a problem but for the most part, getting a skilled job in Saskatchewan is pretty easy. I did welding at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and was able to get a job before I even graduated. So if you like Saskatchewan, choose it by all means. Also, if you are a skilled worker, you can always apply for permanent residence through CEC like it did. All you need is a year's experience. But with this new express entry system, I am not sure of tough is it to get a LMIA. Anyhow, the bottom line is: If you wanna be in Saskatchewan, they will help you out. I have talked to the director once and they seem very flexible when it comes to helping applicant out.
Yes with the new changes getting PR through CEC may not be easy that's why I am thinking of moving to Saskatchewan so I could have the PNP and CEC options... I have applied for admission into the civil technician program at Saskatchewan polytechnic.. Hoping I get in.. Thanks for your input

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
hi iam coming to toronto for 1 year Pg diploma + 1 yr work permit ...

i wanted to know .. do i need to take another 1 yr course to get settled..so it wil be 2 yr study and 3 yr work permit????

or .. if i move to Saskatchewan or manitoba and do relevant or irrelavant jobs related to my studies can i get pr WITHIN 2 yrs ???

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Divi707 said:

i wanted to know .. do i need to take another 1 yr course to get settled..so it wil be 2 yr study and 3 yr work permit????

or .. if i move to Saskatchewan or manitoba and do relevant or irrelavant jobs related to my studies can i get pr WITHIN 2 yrs ???

Just go to Saskatchewan or Manitoba to school and you are likely to get PR without studying for 2 yrs

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Divi707 said:

I understand that you want to get PR as soon as possible. But trust me when I tell you DO NOT take short cuts. I am speaking from my personal experience. 2 years in too short to get PR. If at all possible transfer to a genuine 2 year long program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and then get a 3 year long work permit. Choose a program that has value in Saskatchewan's economy (which is largely industrial based, after farming obviously). Get a job after that and permanent residence is going to be a piece of cake. And really once you graduate and are working on your PGWP, it is kind of like being a permanent resident.

Also, if you have already paid for your PG diploma in Toronto, you will probably have to get another 1 year long certificate and a skilled job to be able to get PR. Shoot if you have any more questions. Hope it helps.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
luvly3 said:
Yes with the new changes getting PR through CEC may not be easy that's why I am thinking of moving to Saskatchewan so I could have the PNP and CEC options... I have applied for admission into the civil technician program at Saskatchewan polytechnic.. Hoping I get in.. Thanks for your input
Cool man, good choice. I would have loved to be in the Civil technologist program. It is 2 years long but a lot more jobs and a lot better pay I think. But if you already have gone thru 1 year study in Canada, it kinda makes sense to stick with the technician program and then may be continue onto technologist or engineer after getting your PR. I am working to get into Civil engineering as well so I have looked into it quite a bit.

Good luck

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
karankullar said:
I understand that you want to get PR as soon as possible. But trust me when I tell you DO NOT take short cuts. I am speaking from my personal experience. 2 years in too short to get PR. If at all possible transfer to a genuine 2 year long program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic and then get a 3 year long work permit. Choose a program that has value in Saskatchewan's economy (which is largely industrial based, after farming obviously). Get a job after that and permanent residence is going to be a piece of cake. And really once you graduate and are working on your PGWP, it is kind of like being a permanent resident.

Also, if you have already paid for your PG diploma in Toronto, you will probably have to get another 1 year long certificate and a skilled job to be able to get PR. Shoot if you have any more questions. Hope it helps.
oh ok .. but i already applied for IBM in toronto ...
so can u now tell that after completion of my studies how can i move to Saskatchewan i mean for which study..... in which collg.. ??