+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Withdrawal Letter

Rhema10

Aug 29, 2018
Hi please what to you advice in my case. I applied for a study permit in August 2018. processing time at the time of my application was 6 weeks. In September it got updated to 7 weeks,8 weeks and then 9 weeks in October. My program runs once a year only in September I didn't hear from the embassy until 5 October when the sent a mail for a new letter of acceptance since the old one expired. I sent them a new letter because the school had deferral my programme next year September 2019. I had a mail from them this week advising me to send them a mail to withdraw my application since my school has given me a late date. Please what do u advice can I refuse to withdraw?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I think this message from IRCC is a generic response as I have come across few others who got same response after sending in their new updated admission letter.

In my opinion, you shouldn't seek to withdraw your application(anytime soon) as quoting IRCC: its an advise. Let the outcome play out, but first send another email of you not wanting to seek for a withdrawal(your message should be succinct and filled with brevity by highlighting convincing reasons) and see if the message still comes out as generic or further detailed response.