+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Timeline – PGWP to PR through CEC

• Thread starter Sample_Timeline
  • Start date
S

Sample_Timeline

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I would like to share my experience. See below.

Opening Thoughts:
1. Going through any immigration process requires patience. An effective way to exercise patience is to keep yourself busy with other things/activities in order to divert your attention.
2. On the employment letter, the listed duties/responsibilities and wage amount play a larger role in determining whether an applicant fits into the selected NOC code. The job title plays a minimal role – nevertheless useful.
3. The length of time taken to process an application varies from applicant to applicant.
4. Comments and suggestions made on the forum are not final. Think outside the forum (outside the box) where possible and you will be able to come up with solutions for whatever obstacles you come across.
5. Remember, a majority of applicants don’t post their timelines and activities on forums. The forums will give you an idea of the general trend. Applicants on the forums are a minute fraction of the actual number of applicants that submit applications. Therefore, do not be dismayed by comments made on forums. Always be of good cheer.
6. On the forum, it has been mentioned that if someone doesn't hear back from the embassy 3 months after they have done their medicals, or 3 months after their file has been transferred to another office, then it is okay to send them (Buffalo or Ottawa or Detroit or Los Angeles, etc) an email – this is true. This is where the GCMS notes come in handy because they show you how your file has been moving from office to office.
7. Treat forums as grapevines. Confirm for yourself everything you ‘hear’ and read.
8. Apply for GCMS and FOSS (if applicable) notes.

Timeline:
2009/01 – PGWP issued. Expires 2012/01.

2011/09 – CEC application mailed to Buffalo, NY.
1. IELTS included.
2. NOC 2171 selected.
3. Working for company A as a contractor. Contracting through company B.
4. Company A is an oil and gas company. Company B is an engineering company.
5. Bi-weekly, I send invoices (also bill GST) to company B. I am not an employee of company B or company A.
6. Bi-weekly, I receive cheques from company B. Company B deducts federal tax, employment insurance, CPP, and submits them to Revenue Canada. I submit GST to Revenue Canada as a sole proprietor. Company B and I made this tax arrangement/agreement back in 2009.
7. Included T4 received from company B.
8. Included Notice of Assessment (online printout).
9. Included employment letters from company A and company B.

2011/09 – CEC application received at Buffalo, NY.

2011/09 – AOR received through email from Buffalo, NY.

2011/10 – Medical request received through paper mail from Buffalo, NY.

2011/10 – Completed medical exam and tests.

2011/11 – Applied for new work permit without LMO.

2011/11 – ECAS = application received. Shows one line: Application received.

2011/11 – Exited Canada to another country for a short visit.

2011/12 – Returned to Canada.

2011/12 – Approached employer requesting for LMO.

2011/12 – ECAS = application received. Shows two lines: Application received and medicals received.

2011/12 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/01 – Vegreville replies to work permit request (made in 2011/11) and asks for LMO.

2012/01 – Sent RPRF amount $490 to Buffalo.

2012/01 – Employer not willing to apply for LMO.

2012/01 – Received GCMS and FOSS notes through email. Notes indicate medical results received by Ottawa in 2011/11. Notes indicate file transferred to Ottawa in 2011/11. Notes indicate Buffalo accepted RPRF amount $490 sent in 2012/01. Notes indicate: medical (complete), criminality (in progress), security (not started), and eligibility (not started).

2012/01 – Applied for new work without LMO and included letter explaining why there’s no LMO. Application received by Vegreville before work permit expired.

2012/01 – PGWP expires. TRV expires. Stopped working. Agreed with employer to take some time off.

2012/01 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/02 – Vegreville replies to work permit request (made in 2012/01) and asks for restoration of status fees and LMO. Vegreville informs me that restoration of status period ends in 90 days (May 2012).

2012/02 – Applied for new work permit without LMO. Included restoration of status fees and letter explaining why there’s no LMO. Included letter explaining why temporary resident status had been lost.

2012/03 – Received GCMS and FOSS notes through paper mail. Notes indicate: medical (complete), criminality (in progress), security (not started), and eligibility (not started).

2012/03 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/03 – Sent 3 case specific inquiries to Immigration Canada = 2 directly from my email address (to Buffalo, to Ottawa) and 1 through Immigration Canada's website (to Buffalo).
1. From my email address to Buffalo: "buffalo-im-enquiry @ international .gc .ca"
2. From my email address to Ottawa: "OttPilot-Immigration @ cic .gc .ca"
3. To Buffalo through Immigration Canada’s website https :// dmp-portal .cic .gc .ca /cicemail/intro-eng .aspx ?mission=buffalo
4. See email structure below;
I would like to inquire about the current status of my permanent residency (CEC) application.

Below are my details:

UCI:
Application No.:
Applicant Name:
Date of Birth:

Thank you for your time and patience.

NAME (FIRST, LAST)
PHONE NUMBER

5. NOTE: Buffalo does not need to know that you sent an email to Ottawa, neither does Ottawa need to know that you sent an email to Buffalo. I reasoned like this because when dealing with immigration officials there is a tendency of getting back different unclear responses, all depending on who will answer your email.
6. NOTE: The 2 inquiries received by Buffalo from you will be answered by 2 different individuals depending on their shift. Hence you will receive two different but useful answers.

2012/03 – Received an email from Buffalo. See below.
Dear Madam / Sir,

Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that you are responsible for maintaining valid status as long as you remain in Canada. If your residential or mailing address changes, you must notify our office.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
www .buffalo .gc .ca

2012/03 – Received another email from Buffalo. See below.
Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to continue the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa, e-mail: OttPilot-Immigration @ cic .gc .ca

Please contact them for the status of your application.

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section

2012/03 – Received an email from Ottawa. See below.
Good morning,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Experience Class. We have brought your file to the attention of an officer in order to review it’s contents. The medical has already been assessed, we currently still need to assess the eligibility, security and criminality statuses of the file. If the officer requires further information, they shall be in touch with you shortly.

Salutations,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

2012/03 – ECAS = in process. Shows three lines: Application received, medicals received, and we started processing.

2012/03 – Received passport request through email from Buffalo, see below:

Subject: Passport Request

NAME (LAST, FIRST, MIDDLE)
E000000000
B000000000

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE
Processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 90 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 90 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Passport requirements http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/passports_passeports .aspx ?view=d
Photographs, height and eye colour http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/Photographs_Photographies .aspx ?view=d
Instructions for passport submission http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/submit_soumettre .aspx ?view=d
Important notice for family members http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/notice_avis .aspx ?view=d

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

2012/04 – Flew to Toronto from home city within Canada. Drove with representative to Fort Erie. Remained in Fort Erie while representative went to Buffalo office between 8 am and 10 am. After an hour, representative returns to Fort Erie with passport, PR visa, and PR landing forms. Representative drove me to the Fort Erie border post and then I landed as an immigrant.

2012/04 – I landed at the Fort Erie border station without leaving Canada. Landing took place while I was still within the 90 days of restoration of status period. 90 days expires in May 2012. Before and after landing, no feedback from Vegreville on whether restoration of status applications sent in March 2012 were approved.

2012/04 – I was allowed to land at the Fort Erie border station because Vegreville was still processing my forms sent in March 2012, despite previous rejections from Vegreville in January 2012 and February 2012.

2012/04 – Flew back to home city within Canada. Waiting for PR card. Will be updating SIN, DL and other documents soon.

2012/04 – (After landing) ECAS = in process. Shows three lines: Application received, medicals received, and we started processing.

Remember:
1. We are praying for each one you so that all may go well with your applications.

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Sample_Timeline said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I would like to share my experience. See below.

Opening Thoughts:
1. Going through any immigration process requires patience. An effective way to exercise patience is to keep yourself busy with other things/activities in order to divert your attention.
2. On the employment letter, the listed duties/responsibilities and wage amount play a larger role in determining whether an applicant fits into the selected NOC code. The job title plays a minimal role – nevertheless useful.
3. The length of time taken to process an application varies from applicant to applicant.
4. Comments and suggestions made on the forum are not final. Think outside the forum (outside the box) where possible and you will be able to come up with solutions for whatever obstacles you come across.
5. Remember, a majority of applicants don't post their timelines and activities on forums. The forums will give you an idea of the general trend. Applicants on the forums are a minute fraction of the actual number of applicants that submit applications. Therefore, do not be dismayed by comments made on forums. Always be of good cheer.
6. On the forum, it has been mentioned that if someone doesn't hear back from the embassy 3 months after they have done their medicals, or 3 months after their file has been transferred to another office, then it is okay to send them (Buffalo or Ottawa or Detroit or Los Angeles, etc) an email – this is true. This is where the GCMS notes come in handy because they show you how your file has been moving from office to office.
7. Treat forums as grapevines. Confirm for yourself everything you ‘hear' and read.
8. Apply for GCMS and FOSS (if applicable) notes.

Timeline:
2009/01 – PGWP issued. Expires 2012/01.

2011/09 – CEC application mailed to Buffalo, NY.
1. IELTS included.
2. NOC 2171 selected.
3. Working for company A as a contractor. Contracting through company B.
4. Company A is an oil and gas company. Company B is an engineering company.
5. Bi-weekly, I send invoices (also bill GST) to company B. I am not an employee of company B or company A.
6. Bi-weekly, I receive cheques from company B. Company B deducts federal tax, employment insurance, CPP, and submits them to Revenue Canada. I submit GST to Revenue Canada as a sole proprietor. Company B and I made this tax arrangement/agreement back in 2009.
7. Included T4 received from company B.
8. Included Notice of Assessment (online printout).
9. Included employment letters from company A and company B.

2011/09 – CEC application received at Buffalo, NY.

2011/09 – AOR received through email from Buffalo, NY.

2011/10 – Medical request received through paper mail from Buffalo, NY.

2011/10 – Completed medical exam and tests.

2011/11 – Applied for new work permit without LMO.

2011/11 – ECAS = application received. Shows one line: Application received.

2011/11 – Exited Canada to another country for a short visit.

2011/12 – Returned to Canada.

2011/12 – Approached employer requesting for LMO.

2011/12 – ECAS = application received. Shows two lines: Application received and medicals received.

2011/12 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/01 – Vegreville replies to work permit request (made in 2011/11) and asks for LMO.

2012/01 – Sent RPRF amount $490 to Buffalo.

2012/01 – Employer not willing to apply for LMO.

2012/01 – Received GCMS and FOSS notes through email. Notes indicate medical results received by Ottawa in 2011/11. Notes indicate file transferred to Ottawa in 2011/11. Notes indicate Buffalo accepted RPRF amount $490 sent in 2012/01. Notes indicate: medical (complete), criminality (in progress), security (not started), and eligibility (not started).

2012/01 – Applied for new work without LMO and included letter explaining why there's no LMO. Application received by Vegreville before work permit expired.

2012/01 – PGWP expires. TRV expires. Stopped working. Agreed with employer to take some time off.

2012/01 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/02 – Vegreville replies to work permit request (made in 2012/01) and asks for restoration of status fees and LMO. Vegreville informs me that restoration of status period ends in 90 days (May 2012).

2012/02 – Applied for new work permit without LMO. Included restoration of status fees and letter explaining why there's no LMO. Included letter explaining why temporary resident status had been lost.

2012/03 – Received GCMS and FOSS notes through paper mail. Notes indicate: medical (complete), criminality (in progress), security (not started), and eligibility (not started).

2012/03 – Applied for GCMS and FOSS notes.

2012/03 – Sent 3 case specific inquiries to Immigration Canada = 2 directly from my email address (to Buffalo, to Ottawa) and 1 through Immigration Canada's website (to Buffalo).
1. From my email address to Buffalo: "buffalo-im-enquiry @ international .gc .ca"
2. From my email address to Ottawa: "OttPilot-Immigration @ cic .gc .ca"
3. To Buffalo through Immigration Canada's website https :// dmp-portal .cic .gc .ca /cicemail/intro-eng .aspx ?mission=buffalo
4. See email structure below;
I would like to inquire about the current status of my permanent residency (CEC) application.

Below are my details:

UCI:
Application No.:
Applicant Name:
Date of Birth:

Thank you for your time and patience.

NAME (FIRST, LAST)
PHONE NUMBER

5. NOTE: Buffalo does not need to know that you sent an email to Ottawa, neither does Ottawa need to know that you sent an email to Buffalo. I reasoned like this because when dealing with immigration officials there is a tendency of getting back different unclear responses, all depending on who will answer your email.
6. NOTE: The 2 inquiries received by Buffalo from you will be answered by 2 different individuals depending on their shift. Hence you will receive two different but useful answers.

2012/03 – Received an email from Buffalo. See below.
Dear Madam / Sir,

Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that you are responsible for maintaining valid status as long as you remain in Canada. If your residential or mailing address changes, you must notify our office.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
www .buffalo .gc .ca

2012/03 – Received another email from Buffalo. See below.
Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to continue the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa, e-mail: OttPilot-Immigration @ cic .gc .ca

Please contact them for the status of your application.

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section

2012/03 – Received an email from Ottawa. See below.
Good morning,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Experience Class. We have brought your file to the attention of an officer in order to review it's contents. The medical has already been assessed, we currently still need to assess the eligibility, security and criminality statuses of the file. If the officer requires further information, they shall be in touch with you shortly.

Salutations,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

2012/03 – ECAS = in process. Shows three lines: Application received, medicals received, and we started processing.

2012/03 – Received passport request through email from Buffalo, see below:

Subject: Passport Request

NAME (LAST, FIRST, MIDDLE)
E000000000
B000000000

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE
Processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 90 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 90 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Passport requirements http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/passports_passeports .aspx ?view=d
Photographs, height and eye colour http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/Photographs_Photographies .aspx ?view=d
Instructions for passport submission http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/submit_soumettre .aspx ?view=d
Important notice for family members http :// www canadainternational .gc .ca /buffalo/visas/notice_avis .aspx ?view=d

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

2012/04 – Flew to Toronto from home city within Canada. Drove with representative to Fort Erie. Remained in Fort Erie while representative went to Buffalo office between 8 am and 10 am. After an hour, representative returns to Fort Erie with passport, PR visa, and PR landing forms. Representative drove me to the Fort Erie border post and then I landed as an immigrant.

2012/04 – I landed at the Fort Erie border station without leaving Canada. Landing took place while I was still within the 90 days of restoration of status period. 90 days expires in May 2012. Before and after landing, no feedback from Vegreville on whether restoration of status applications sent in March 2012 were approved.

2012/04 – I was allowed to land at the Fort Erie border station because Vegreville was still processing my forms sent in March 2012, despite previous rejections from Vegreville in January 2012 and February 2012.

2012/04 – Flew back to home city within Canada. Waiting for PR card. Will be updating SIN, DL and other documents soon.

2012/04 – (After landing) ECAS = in process. Shows three lines: Application received, medicals received, and we started processing.

Remember:
1. We are praying for each one you so that all may go well with your applications.

I am in the same boat as you were...my PGWP is expiring in May 2012 ...I my done with my medicals for CEC and am waiting for passport request. Just a question you were lucky that you got ur passport request and were not told to go back to ur home country...I am kind of scared and am planning to apply for visitor visa so that even if it takes 3 months for them to ask for passport and return back to me ,I can stay in Canada legally.Do you think applying for visitor visa is good thing ??

Also when can you apply for new SIN...when u get an email from CEC saying u have to send the passport and pay the landing fees ???or only after ur passport is stamped and returned to you ???

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You can apply for a new SIN after you land.

sibran

Feb 14, 2012
One thing i did not understand and will be grateful for a clarification.

Why did you have to pay RPRF amount of $490 in 1/2012 when the passport request from Buffalo did not come until 3/2012. Is it possible to pay this fee before a passport request?

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
Thanks for sharing.

farangiska

Apr 12, 2012
Greatly appreciate for ur timeline sample. It actually helps to visualize the possible process. I have same question, why did you have to send $490 fees when it was not requested yet?

Another question is, I basically plan on applying for extension of WP, which expires in 2 month, but I won't be submitting LMO. I may get requested to submit it like as I saw on ur timeline. What kind of explanation letters did you send them back?

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
farangiska said:
Greatly appreciate for ur timeline sample. It actually helps to visualize the possible process. I have same question, why did you have to send $490 fees when it was not requested yet?

Another question is, I basically plan on applying for extension of WP, which expires in 2 month, but I won't be submitting LMO. I may get requested to submit it like as I saw on ur timeline. What kind of explanation letters did you send them back?
Can you apply for an extension of work permit without LMO ??? I am in the same boat as you are.I was planning to apply for visitor visa and resign from my full time job as I have done my medicals for CEC and expecting results soon.So I prefer to stay in Canada as it will easier to send passport to Buffalo when requested from Canada rather than my home country (India) where passport cannot be couriered out of the country. Can a letter of explanation give a WP extension???

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Not anymore. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

Smile26 said:
Can you apply for an extension of work permit without LMO ??? I am in the same boat as you are.I was planning to apply for visitor visa and resign from my full time job as I have done my medicals for CEC and expecting results soon.So I prefer to stay in Canada as it will easier to send passport to Buffalo when requested from Canada rather than my home country (India) where passport cannot be couriered out of the country. Can a letter of explanation give a WP extension???

farangiska

Apr 12, 2012
this is a very useful info that we cannot apply for extension of WP without LMO now. I'd guess or we really try to get LMO or apply for Visitor visa and take a break from work. And make sure we do it on a day before our current WP expires.

sibran

Feb 14, 2012
I thought that you could apply for work permit if your LMO application was still in process and continue working under "implied status". Has this changed for those whose PGWP expires and they need to apply for an open work permit to continue working for the same employer. If anyone can clarify if this is no really no longer possible and when did it changei will be grateful since my PGWP is expiring soon and my LMO application by my employer is still in process.

If it has changed and my LMO is still in process by the time my PGWP expires, then what are my options?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

sibran said:
I thought that you could apply for work permit if your LMO application was still in process and continue working under "implied status". Has this changed for those whose PGWP expires and they need to apply for an open work permit to continue working for the same employer. If anyone can clarify if this is no really no longer possible and when did it changei will be grateful since my PGWP is expiring soon and my LMO application by my employer is still in process.

If it has changed and my LMO is still in process by the time my PGWP expires, then what are my options?

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
sibran said:

Hi Sibran,

If your PGWP is valid for 3 years, you won't be able to extend it any longer. You'll have to apply for a new work permit for your employer, and you will need a LMO. If the LMO application is already in process and your PGWP is expiring, they advise you to submit your work permit application within 2 weeks of your PGWP expiring and then contact them with proof that you have applied for a LMO. While this is happening, you will be under implied status. That being said, I was waiting for a decision on my CEC application, and my employer submitted a LMO application in late February. We received the LMO after a month.

good luck!

LiftedR

May 30, 2012
Thnx to poster!

This type of detailed timeline should be poster more often by others.

It gives you a clear idea on the processing time, other than just "15 months" or "21 months".

Thnx again.

uing

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
sent along with the application
Hi Sample_Timeline

Thank you for sharing your timeline and what you did for the LMO and PGWP. I have a question, on the implied status, would you be able to work?

Thank you