+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sample of explanation letter for minor who does not have photo id for proof of citizenship

rubel766

Jan 27, 2016
Dear All,
I am Canadian Citizen. I need help from you people. I have a son who born this year. I need to apply for his proof of citizenship. I need to submit his two identification with photo id. But I do not have any photo id. So i need to write a explanation for this. Anyone can help me to write this letter. I need a sample of explanation letter for minor who does not have photo id for proof of citizenship.
I look forward to hear you people soon. Really i appreciate your help.

tha

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Dear All,
I am Canadian Citizen. I need help from you people. I have a son who born this year. I need to apply for his proof of citizenship. I need to submit his two identification with photo id. But I do not have any photo id. So i need to write a explanation for this. Anyone can help me to write this letter. I need a sample of explanation letter for minor who does not have photo id for proof of citizenship.

tha
Whether baby is not a Canadian Citizen by birth? If baby is a Canadian Citizen then why would you need proof of citizenship separately as Canadian Birth certificate is more than enough to apply for a Canadian PP.

If the baby is born outside then refer Scenario 3 on below URL,

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0014e-2.pdf

(1) your country specific birth certificate displaying the name of your Canadian parent(s), issued by
the appropriate government authority in the country where you were born.

(2) proof that at least one of your parents (legal parent at birth or biological parent) is a Canadian
citizen, such as:
• parent's provincial/territorial birth certificate, or
• parent's Canadian citizenship/naturalization certificate, or
• parent's Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad (RBA) or Certificate of Retention of
Canadian Citizenship
• parent's British naturalization certificate, issued in Canada or Newfoundland and Labrador

Also refer this,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-born-outside-canada.748530/#post-9798905

Last edited:

rubel766

Jan 27, 2016
Dear All,
Thanks Navid for your valuable information. Just want to make sure that on the application mention document required from all applicants the they need to provide 2 form of identification.
My child born in Bangladesh. He has only Birth certificate. He doesn't have any photo id. So i need to write a explanation letter for that as per their instruction.
So please help me.
Thanks in advance.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Dear All,
Thanks Navid for your valuable information. Just want to make sure that on the application mention document required from all applicants the they need to provide 2 form of identification.
My child born in Bangladesh. He has only Birth certificate. He doesn't have any photo id. So i need to write a explanation letter for that as per their instruction.
So please help me.
Thanks in advance.
Does the child has passport?

sammy90

Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,

tha
Hello,
Did you get this sorted out? I am in the same boat and need to apply for my baby’s citizenship. Can you please explain the steps you took and if you did the explanation letter how was it written.
Thanks in advance

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
i want to write a explanation letter so i don't need to apply for his passport.
Even if baby born in Bangladesh

you should apply and obtain their official/real Birth Certificate as well as their Bangladesh passport
Please do that if u don’t want hassle in future…..your child will thank you for it
Canada will require some documentation anyway so get it made quickly……don’t delay!

jakubdudek

Jul 29, 2022
What is your explanation letter going to say, "I don't want to apply for his passport?"

Just apply for the passport and use that as photo id
How helpful...

Even if OP obtains a passport for their child they will still need a letter of explanation as it is clearly stated in the instruction that a letter is needed if the applicant does not have TWO piece of ID:

Note: If you’re applying on behalf of a minor who does not have two pieces of identification, or does not have a photo ID, please include an explanation letter with the application.

source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0001-application-citizenship-certificate-adults-minors-proof-citizenship-section-3.html#step1

OP is asking for a sample letter which he needs, passport or not. And while it may be advisable to get a passport as far as Bangladesh is concerned, they probably don't need it to apply for the Canadian citizenship.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
OP is asking for a sample letter which he needs, passport or not. And while it may be advisable to get a passport as far as Bangladesh is concerned, they probably don't need it to apply for the Canadian citizenship.
So you're suggesting that he apply for this with no, zero, none acceptable types of identification?

That sounds ... wrong. I repeat, better to apply with the Bd passport and the birth certificate, as photo id and evidence of birth/parentage.

Note, I am assuming that none of the other types of id are typically available in Bangladesh for a newborn - it's possible IRCC might request if some of these others are, such as national health or national identity card.

With that, letter of explanation is simple:
"[intro to whom it may concern etc]
My child, xxx, born xxx in xxx, has only two documents of identity, the Bangladeshi passport issued to him/her [passport details] and the birth certificate [details], copies of which attached.

None of the other accepted pieces of identity listed on the IRCC website are available to a minor in Bangladesh, and I trust this will be sufficient. Please advise if anything further is required.

[close sincerely etc.]

Ajose1

Jun 3, 2024
What is your explanation letter going to say, "I don't want to apply for his passport?"

Just apply for the passport and use that as photo id
the IDs are not needed.just birth certificate is enough.The passport is not needed for sure.Dont post false information