+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same Sex Common Law Partnership

MalvarE

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys?
Can anyone enlighten me in which pathway we should use to migrate in canada..
I had consult some of the Migration consultancy but they have different answers some was telling Im not eligible le for EE and the others are telling Im eligible..

Im am 29 years old, a filipino With a 4 years of expirience as a Housekeeping Supervisor, Unfortunately Im a college undergraduate I finish 3 years as a Hotel and Restaurant Managent (Dunno yet what is the equivalent of it in WES?)

My common law partner is 28 years old, nepalese And having an expirience as a Restaurant Supervisor for more than 1 year, and a Bachelors Degree

We’ve been together for 4 years, we had lived together for 2 years with no proof as it is the company accomodation, but then we separated due to a career move, we’re still in the same city and have a constant meetings and conversations

The reason why we really wanted to migrate to canada is because of the culture differences, her parents is already started to plan for her fixed marriage anytime soon..

Can someone help and guide us in which pathway we should take?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys?
Can anyone enlighten me in which pathway we should use to migrate in canada..
I had consult some of the Migration consultancy but they have different answers some was telling Im not eligible le for EE and the others are telling Im eligible..

Im am 29 years old, a filipino With a 4 years of expirience as a Housekeeping Supervisor, Unfortunately Im a college undergraduate I finish 3 years as a Hotel and Restaurant Managent (Dunno yet what is the equivalent of it in WES?)

My common law partner is 28 years old, nepalese And having an expirience as a Restaurant Supervisor for more than 1 year, and a Bachelors Degree

We’ve been together for 4 years, we had lived together for 2 years with no proof as it is the company accomodation, but then we separated due to a career move, we’re still in the same city and have a constant meetings and conversations

The reason why we really wanted to migrate to canada is because of the culture differences, her parents is already started to plan for her fixed marriage anytime soon..

Can someone help and guide us in which pathway we should take?
It doesn't sound like it will be possible for you to migrate together to Canada as a common law couple. To move together to Canada as a common law couple, you must provide proof that you have lived together continuously for at least one full year. This means providing evidence such as joint rental agreements, joint utility bills, joint bank account and credit card statements, etc.

If you wish to migrate to Canada, each of you will have to apply and qualify on their own. EE is a points-based system and those with the most points are selected. Right now you must have 440+ points to be chosen. You can read more about the program here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Based on the information you have provided, both of you likely qualify for Express Entry but won't have enough points to be selected. You may want to look into the Provincial Nomination Programs instead.

MalvarE

Feb 24, 2019
It doesn't sound like it will be possible for you to migrate together to Canada as a common law couple. To move together to Canada as a common law couple, you must provide proof that you have lived together continuously for at least one full year. This means providing evidence such as joint rental agreements, joint utility bills, joint bank account and credit card statements, etc.

If you wish to migrate to Canada, each of you will have to apply and qualify on their own. EE is a points-based system and those with the most points are selected. Right now you must have 440+ points to be chosen. You can read more about the program here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Based on the information you have provided, both of you likely qualify for Express Entry but won't have enough points to be selected. You may want to look into the Provincial Nomination Programs instead.
I really do appreciate your answer.. May i ask how many proof shall we present?? Thank you so much for your advice..