+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same Day trips to USA

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Residence Calculator, has someone included dates of same day trips to USA while filling Citizenship application. I know it is not mandatory to include same day trips to USA. However, I am thinking to include details same day trips in Residence Calculator for my wife's Citizenship application.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015

Justice4B

Feb 19, 2011
If I recall correctly, 'same-day' cannot be entered in the online Calculator, when filing a Citizenship application. In other words, the system cannot calculat, for example, from June 30 to June 30, as 1 day. However, when an RQ is issued, I recall it asking for same-day trips to be also reported. You could perhaps add additional note listing all same-day trips, if there is a chance to avoid an RQ. You need not enter into Calculator.

However, you must show proof of such trips. In my case, for, e.g., I would have receipts for toll-tax (in/out), purchase receipt for the 'same-day' in Canada/USA, ATM receipts, fuel receipts or even duty-free, if purchased/allowed, 407 fees records, etc. Of these, Toll-receipts are likely the more reliable, as are 407 payment records. Entering on the 407 (coming from the Buffalo side) is convenient for me, at least. Those sorts of evidence, so far, came handy for me because CBSA (ATIP process) revealed I had less days of travel, than the record I, myself, had -- seems unbelievable, but this is true.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Justice4B said:
If I recall correctly, 'same-day' cannot be entered in the online Calculator, when filing a Citizenship application. In other words, the system cannot calculat, for example, from June 30 to June 30, as 1 day. However, when an RQ is issued, I recall it asking for same-day trips to be also reported. You could perhaps add additional note listing all same-day trips, if there is a chance to avoid an RQ. You need not enter into Calculator.

However, you must show proof of such trips. In my case, for, e.g., I would have receipts for toll-tax (in/out), purchase receipt for the 'same-day' in Canada/USA, ATM receipts, fuel receipts or even duty-free, if purchased/allowed, 407 fees records, etc. Of these, Toll-receipts are likely the more reliable, as are 407 payment records. Entering on the 407 (coming from the Buffalo side) is convenient for me, at least. Those sorts of evidence, so far, came handy for me because CBSA (ATIP process) revealed I had less days of travel, than the record I, myself, had -- seems unbelievable, but this is true.
Thanks Justice4B for your reply. I think we'll include same day trips in additional sheet. I do not know if it'd avoid RQ or not. My wife is a homemaker so RQ seems imminent. Moreover, we have a lot of same day trips to USA. Unlike you, I don't think I have receipts (toll, fuel etc.) for same day trips. It'd be hard for us to prove residence if we receive RQ.