+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAIT PROGRAM

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
I have recently been accepted into the SAIT 2 year engineering design and drafting technology ( 2year) diploma program winter (Jan 2015) intake. Now I am concerned about the prospects of the program , is this program good enough to get me a job after graduation , especially considering the fact that I am doing it right after my class 12th. Any advice will be higly appreciated and I need quick responses cause I have to make a decision soon .

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
sarry said:
I have recently been accepted into the SAIT 2 year engineering design and drafting technology ( 2year) diploma program winter (Jan 2015) intake. Now I am concerned about the prospects of the program , is this program good enough to get me a job after graduation , especially considering the fact that I am doing it right after my class 12th. Any advice will be higly appreciated and I need quick responses cause I have to make a decision soon .
If you've read the career prospects of the program, it has a 96% employment rate. And I heard this field of study is also in demand in Alberta. SAIT is well known for producing career-oriented and industry ready professionals, most especially in Alberta, so I guess we'll be fine as long as you study hard and do as much networking as you can. I'm also going to SAIT, this incoming Fall. Got in to the CVT program, right after Secondary.

All the best

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
I know that the program has brilliant prospects , but its just that I've never heard from any international student SAIT experience.

janey05

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I always wondered how legitimate the 90%+ employment rate claimed by some colleges are.

Following a diploma program, many Canadian students go back to school for another two years to get an undergraduate degree, while others take months to find a suitable job. It feels like the super high employment rate is a mere part of marketing ploy that should be taken with a grain of salt. Quality (type of work, hours, pay, size of company, etc) should matter as much, if not more than the simple employment rate.

Anyways, I had a few non-international student friends attend SAIT and heard it was quite reputable. I heard many guys end up getting great jobs up at the oil rigs following a diploma program.

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
janey05 said:
I always wondered how legitimate the 90%+ employment rate claimed by some colleges are.

Following a diploma program, many Canadian students go back to school for another two years to get an undergraduate degree, while others take months to find a suitable job. It feels like the super high employment rate is a mere part of marketing ploy that should be taken with a grain of salt. Quality (type of work, hours, pay, size of company, etc) should matter as much, if not more than the simple employment rate.

Anyways, I had a few non-international student friends attend SAIT and heard it was quite reputable. I heard many guys end up getting great jobs up at the oil rigs following a diploma program.
Yes , the college will do whatever they can to sell their program , but it also holds true that SAIT has helped students get career jobs with their diploma , I just wonder , what the case with international students is ? Like i know after graduating , one can get a pgwp of 2 or more years , so I guess its a long time to look for a job .

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Sarry,

Is it easy to apply for 2 years college in SAIT? What is the requirement for 2 years college from SAIT eg: education, EILTS and others.

Thanks for your help.

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
Sonata95 said:
Hi Sarry,

Is it easy to apply for 2 years college in SAIT? What is the requirement for 2 years college from SAIT eg: education, EILTS and others.

Thanks for your help.
What subject would you like to study for ? Based on your profile and your choice of program , there are heaps of options in SAIT , just Google SAIT and look in their website the programs they offer and the general entry requirements as well . Also , IELTS score of a 6 with no less than 5.5 in each module is the minimum English requirements they need . Do let me know , if I can help you with anything .

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Sarry,

Thanks you for your quickly reply.

I am quite old 37 years old and having bachelor degree for English and having number of years working experience but I had about 6 years stay at home taking care baby. My current working experience is HR & Admin (having about 4 years experience). I would prefer two course as below:

Business Administration - All Majors (Accounting, Marketing, Financial Services, Management)

Bachelor of Applied Business Administration

Is it possible to apply the college with my age? Any chance to get Visa?

Thank you for your help.

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
Sonata95 said:
Hi Sarry,

Thanks you for your quickly reply.

I am quite old 37 years old and having bachelor degree for English and having number of years working experience but I had about 6 years stay at home taking care baby. My current working experience is HR & Admin (having about 4 years experience). I would prefer two course as below:

Business Administration - All Majors (Accounting, Marketing, Financial Services, Management)

Bachelor of Applied Business Administration

Is it possible to apply the college with my age? Any chance to get Visa?

Age is certainly not a criteria as far as SAIT is concerned , if you meet the entry requirement as listed by SAIT for specific program(s) , you'll be fine . As long as getting a visa is concerned , I am sure there are older mature people getting into the bachelors program , you just have to meet the requirements to apply for a study permit , that's all . Also , where are you from ? Your visa application location will have a huge impact on your decision .

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
janey05 said:

Do you know what program your friends graduated from ?
Also are you a current student at SAIT ?

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Thank you for you reply.

I come from Vietnam, will be applied Visa Singapore Visa office.

As I known, I need a strong SOP to convince Visa Officer for Visa purpose. My husband and Children is in home country, so I may have a strong home tie.

I will try to apply SAIT because I have my sister living in Calgary Alberta currently can support me during my studying.

Good luck to you!

yinnie

Sep 13, 2014
sarry said:

hi! congratulations! :) i am also planning to send an application in SAIT (medical laboratory technology) . How long is the process? where did u send your transcript for the assessment? coz ive read about the IQAS.. or can the SAIT directly assess the transcript? thank you! :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarry said:
Hii sarry,

You are right into the money. EDDT is a very good course as per job opportunities. There are so many oil companies in Alberta and they hire designing guys. So it won't be problem for you to get a job and even the salary is pretty nice. You can expect the starting salary of $35-$40/hr. If I am not wrong, there should be co-op in your course.

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
sarry said:
How do you know about this ? Yes it is supposed to be a co-op program.

sarry

Jul 24, 2014
God of war said:
Hii sarry,

You are right into the money. EDDT is a very good course as per job opportunities. There are so many oil companies in Alberta and they hire designing guys. So it won't be problem for you to get a job and even the salary is pretty nice. You can expect the starting salary of $35-$40/hr. If I am not wrong, there should be co-op in your course.
How do you know of this ? Yes it is supposed to be a co-op program.