+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sadly, I had to move back to Spain, should I change my residency address?

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Hello everybody, I hope you all are well!

My wife, the sponsor, has received an email from the CIC saying she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, so I guess the process has begun. On the other hand, sadly and after the CIC refused my extension as a visitor, I had to leave immediately Canada on November 20th, so I had to moved back to my parent's house in Spain.

Right now, this is my home address, I mean... here, Spain, my current residency address. Should I contact the CIC or the Canadian visa office in Paris to change my residency address? It will affect the process slowing it down? It will make any difference if I change it? The address that appears in our application is our home in Montréal, the address where I'm going to live at the end of this expensive and never-ending process.

I want to thank you to all of you in advance, I will appreciate any help or steps to follow, thanks!

All the best!

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
secosa said:
Hello everybody, I hope you all are well!

My wife, the sponsor, has received an email from the CIC saying she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, so I guess the process has begun. On the other hand, sadly and after the CIC refused my extension as a visitor, I had to leave immediately Canada on November 20th, so I had to moved back to my parent's house in Spain.

Right now, this is my home address, I mean... here, Spain, my current residency address. Should I contact the CIC or the Canadian visa office in Paris to change my residency address? It will affect the process slowing it down? It will make any difference if I change it? The address that appears in our application is our home in Montréal, the address where I'm going to live at the end of this expensive and never-ending process.

I want to thank you to all of you in advance, I will appreciate any help or steps to follow, thanks!

All the best!
You can change it. It won't effect your application, at lease it hasn't for me.

I'm the sponsor and I've been going back and forth with my husband while CIC processing our application. Everytime we move I send an email to my VO and tell them we moved for this reason. They update it without 7-10 days. As long as you put on your application that you want to receive correspondence in email. The mailing address isn't really THAT Important. I'm sure other members will also give you their input :)

Goodluck and patience is key. It's a long journey but it's just temporary

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Masriixo said:
You can change it. It won't effect your application, at lease it hasn't for me.

I'm the sponsor and I've been going back and forth with my husband while CIC processing our application. Everytime we move I send an email to my VO and tell them we moved for this reason. They update it without 7-10 days. As long as you put on your application that you want to receive correspondence in email. The mailing address isn't really THAT Important. I'm sure other members will also give you their input :)

Goodluck and patience is key. It's a long journey but it's just temporary
Thanks for your response and the kind words... I agree, as you say, patience is key!
I just want to do the right thing, I have been severely beaten from the beginning having refusals as an answer.

What do you mean when you say VO? Visa Office? How can I know that email?

Once again thank you very much!

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
It's me again, I'm sorry for bother...

I just realized that the email my wife has received says; accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. So, should I write them an email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? Thanks in advance!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
yes use the office that has your application. Its important to have your address changed because thats where they will send your CORP papers .. after a few weeks if you don't see a change in ecas send them another email . Then send for you notes to see if they have changed it if it don't show up on ecas. My husband changed his in August and it still doesn't show, but after sending away for my notes it shows up there .

It won't make any difference to you application and waiting times.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
secosa said:
It's me again, I'm sorry for bother...

I just realized that the email my wife has received says; accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. So, should I write them an email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? Thanks in advance!

That's just great of them, refuse you a visitor extension yet send it to the VO like you are living in Canada. Mind if I ask why your visitor status was refused?

Edit: Never mind I read some of your old posts. I guess it was just an unfortunate series of events.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Aquakitty said:
That's just great of them, refuse you a visitor extension yet send it to the VO like you are living in Canada. Mind if I ask why your visitor status was refused?
Edit: Never mind I read some of your old posts. I guess it was just an unfortunate series of events.
You're right, it was an unfortunate series of events... that's why I'm treading carefully. My wife is going to call the CIC on Monday morning to be 100% sure. With so many options, the only thing we get is to be more confused. Thank you very much for your response!