+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rules for College change

Dimple patel

Oct 30, 2019
Please help me with proper guidance..
I came canada in mid of September and I i had taken admissions in private college for 1 year that was starting from 9th of october, but due some inconsequence i changed my college to public one and now it for 2 years program but i got admissions for January intake cuz September intake was almost full and was started already, so Do i have to inform cic office and how & when i can apply for study permit extension. Moreover now i have a gap of more than 3 months until January so it is mandatory to do any short term coarse in between these two month or it may be considered as a drop. Which is the better way to come out from this situation please help me with right direction. Thank you

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I came canada in mid of September and I i had taken admissions in private college for 1 year that was starting from 9th of october, but due some inconsequence i changed my college to public one and now it for 2 years program but i got admissions for January intake cuz September intake was almost full and was started already, so Do i have to inform cic office and how & when i can apply for study permit extension. Moreover now i have a gap of more than 3 months until January so it is mandatory to do any short term coarse in between these two month or it may be considered as a drop. Which is the better way to come out from this situation please help me with right direction. Thank you
Yes inform them immediately and let them know the program starts in January, they will reply what to do. Extension can be done 30 days before it expires. But once you let CIC know, you can leave a question on what to do or someone who has experience will answer with the right information.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you already have the new acceptance letter you just need to update your dli to the new one on myCIC website, then you just wait to start the course.

Extension you will apply as normal, recommended 3-4 months before expiry.

Avi474

Nov 1, 2019
I am facing the same problem let me know what you are upto now ?

Avi474

Nov 1, 2019
If you already have the new acceptance letter you just need to update your dli to the new one on myCIC website, then you just wait to start the course.

Extension you will apply as normal, recommended 3-4 months before expiry.
Will this affect when we will be applying for PGWP and what about the gap as it is around 140 days. Will this be considered as a drop from course? Please help

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It will not affect pgwp you will apply with docs from new course only, your time at private college will not count.

Its not a drop because again you are starting fresh.

It might be a good idea to explain what happened in your pgwp application in a letter, this way the officer will not wonder what you were doing all this time between entering canada and starting second course.

Will this affect when we will be applying for PGWP and what about the gap as it is around 140 days. Will this be considered as a drop from course? Please help

Avi474

Nov 1, 2019
It will not affect pgwp you will apply with docs from new course only, your time at private college will not count.

Its not a drop because again you are starting fresh.

It might be a good idea to explain what happened in your pgwp application in a letter, this way the officer will not wonder what you were doing all this time between entering canada and starting second course.
Thanks for the reply but in my case i took withdrawal from university and i am sitting idle. And i i ha to sit idle upto jan 13 . Now what should i do i am not going to any school.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the reply but in my case i took withdrawal from university and i am sitting idle. And i i ha to sit idle upto jan 13 . Now what should i do i am not going to any school.
Like I said if you have the new loa and have updated your myCIC that is fine, just wait for course to start.