+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD roadtrip in Europe

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
Hello everybody i travelled with RTD to Europe last May and wanted to share my experience here so anyone who would like to go Europe for a roadtrip etc can have some opinion.
My first country was Germany, it was so easy to enter no question even asked then i rent a car and travel Germany to Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany and fly back home. So 10 countries no issues no borders. It was amazing roadtrip, part of me still there. If you guys any question feel free to ask under this post. Hope this will help you for your next RTD travel.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello everybody i travelled with RTD to Europe last May and wanted to share my experience here so anyone who would like to go Europe for a roadtrip etc can have some opinion.
My first country was Germany, it was so easy to enter no question even asked then i rent a car and travel Germany to Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany and fly back home. So 10 countries no issues no borders. It was amazing roadtrip, part of me still there. If you guys any question feel free to ask under this post. Hope this will help you for your next RTD travel.
Thank you for this info. It was really beneficial. I applied for my RTD last month. Do you by any chance now how long it takes to receive it?

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
I cant say anything really how is process now because of covid, every government institution is so slow but why not try your chance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many of these countries don’t accept RTD. You may have gotten lucky and never been asked about a visa but if you are then you could have run into problems in some of these countries.

Reactions: Nobody27

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
Many of these countries don’t accept RTD. You may have gotten lucky and never been asked about a visa but if you are then you could have run into problems in some of these countries.
I know, most of them need visa that's why i said fly to germany and drive to the other countries, you wont have any problem

Reactions: Norijal

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018

That is so cool ! Congrats I have a question do you have your PR card ??? If no what documents did you show at the moment of entry to Canada. ?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I know, most of them need visa that's why i said fly to germany and drive to the other countries, you wont have any problem
Please let me know what car rental company you used, in which city is better to fly from Toronto? how much it cost per day to rent a car? Did you enter countries that have borders with water and had to get on a ship? I think they check everything on ships and trains.

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
Please let me know what car rental company you used, in which city is better to fly from Toronto? how much it cost per day to rent a car? Did you enter countries that have borders with water and had to get on a ship? I think they check everything on ships and trains.
I fly Toronto to Frankfurt and got car from Sixt it was best price for 14 days $800cad.(if you like speeding get a nice car so you can enjoy German Autobahn). I didn't enter any country with ship or train, i did drive everywhere and rent no licence boat in Amsterdam and Lake Como.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I fly Toronto to Frankfurt and got car from Sixt it was best price for 14 days $800cad.(if you like speeding get a nice car so you can enjoy German Autobahn). I didn't enter any country with ship or train, i did drive everywhere and rent no licence boat in Amsterdam and Lake Como.
That must have been an amazing experience! The price for car rental is amazing for 2 weeks! How much budget is ideal for 2 weeks for a family of 3? (One child) I am planning to go to Cancun then be back and start the Europe trip like this you did.

Nobody27

Jul 11, 2022
That must have been an amazing experience! The price for car rental is amazing for 2 weeks! How much budget is ideal for 2 weeks for a family of 3? (One child) I am planning to go to Cancun then be back and start the Europe trip like this you did.
It was amazing really, especially French and Italian Riviera and Switzerland. So for 2 ppl we spent around 7K but it depends on your traveling style.

Reactions: Norijal

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hi
Did u need visa for germany on ur RTD?? Or u just buy ticket and travel to germany?