+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Processing

holySinner

Nov 16, 2011
Hello everyone;

I have few questions about the processing of RQ; will highly appreciate if somebody can be kind enough to answer it.

1) I sent my application to Mississauga office but my file was transferred to St Clairs office afterwards. Anybody know the reason why?

2) since when one should starts counting the waiting time of 36 months? should it be after submission of reply for RQ.

3) is there any hope for any improvement in the processing time for RQ applications.

4)Requesting GCMS notes can help in expediting the process or knowing the reason for RQ.

Thanks.

Justice4B

Feb 19, 2011
can be kind enough to answer it.

1) I sent my application to Mississauga office but my file was transferred to St Clairs office afterwards. Anybody know the reason why?

A few months ago, apparently most or all cases being handled by Mississauga were 'transferred' to St. Clair (mine included)

2) since when one should starts counting the waiting time of 36 months? should it be after submission of reply for RQ.

Good luck with a response to that one! Here are some reasons. Minister Kenney Tweeted 2 monnths ago that max. time for processing of CZship applcs. should be 2 years (for normal cases), where CZship applications were approved within 8 & 9 months too! Assuming normal processing time is 2 years, RQ cases can be long as 48 months. It is my understanding that the 'total time' includes submission of Appl., RQ-stage, verification of RQ data etc., Grant of CZship/oath. The latter is now being referred as "out of normal" processing [time]

3) is there any hope for any improvement in the processing time for RQ applications.

Not unless CIC has more budget and more staff. Do a search online and do the math (less staff, too many Applications). Even if everything was squeaky clean with your file/application, chances are it could still be awaiting processes indefinitely, due lack of 'resources' as Govt. likes to put it. Getting RQ-d is a good way to stall the process of ur CZship application, assuming the Govt does not have time/resources to process it :)

4)Requesting GCMS notes can help in expediting the process or knowing the reason for RQ.

Doing an ATIP process cannot 'expedite' the process (remember CIC/Govt does not care about threats/concerns/your questions---they work at their own pace). Please follow Twitter for CIC/RQ Victims/Jason Kenney posts. Also go to Facebook if you want to see/join "Support Canadian Citizenship Residence Questionnaire Receivers". You can surely engage in an ATIP process (for both CIC & CBSA records of/on you), but chances are that portions would be redacted (if you expect something derogatory i.e.). So it might not be of help.
Lastly, you may want to follow the discussion thread started by "eileenf", under heading "Association of Future Canadians" (at "canadavisa.com"). She is doing a great job! She is also spear-heading "residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com" --cannot attach weblinks (as you know).
----------
I hope some of this information is useful for you --they are not words of a immigration professional -- just someone who does not mind reaching out. Good luck!