+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Please keep this thread active to post the similar timelines.

Thank you

farka

Sep 21, 2012
I am in the same boat -
Here's the timeline
Applied - Jan 8' 2012
RQ received - Sept 6th 2012; mailed out the documents today without CBSA and OHIP records.

Had a horrible last few weeks collecting all those documents and filling out the most-confusing-ever RQ form. Also, since these days CBSA and Ministry of Health are overwhelmed with the number of requests they have been receiving, I could not send in the single-most important document of my travel-record. I think it is unfair that when we filled out the citizenship form, there was no check box on it to authorize CICS to obtain travel record from CBSA. So it seems, people who will apply post-September will have their process moving faster than us.

I am hoping the pre-test RQ will move faster than Post-test RQ process. 18-30 months wait is simply killing and absolutely frustrating. :-[

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Farka,
Thank you for the response , I hear you, I couldn't sleep for days organizing 3 RQs forms for 3 of us in the family , the CBSA came 40 days after sending the RQ ( OCT 10th ) so I sent the CBSA later with a cover letter, oh well , it was so heavy homework, I am happy I sent them off.

We are very similar timelines , so it is great we keep in contact.

I am pretty sure the Pre-test RQ is way faster than the post-test , simply because it is logical that way, as we didn't cause any delays for CIC or wasting any Gov. time.

I wonder if the pre-test comes from the Main CIC office not the local office , I hope any expert here would advise.

Cheers

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi farka,

Same here , came from Mississauga , let's hope for the best.

Keep tuned

Cheers

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
I am still kind of worried about my case; we have kids that are US citizens and we did not apply for their citizenship; didnt know about dual citizenship at that point. I hope the citizenship judge will not infer that we are planning to move to US after getting the citizenship and give us hard time getting the Canadian citizenship.

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
Applied March 3, 2012
RQ received October 13, 2012

collecting all the documents. will keep posting.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck Antre , request OHIP & CBSA ASAP if you didn't yet already.

Keep tuned

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
look4d said:
Good luck Antre , request OHIP & CBSA ASAP if you didn't yet already.

Keep tuned
Thanks for wishing me Good Luck. I need it.
Yes, I have requested OHIP records already. For CBSA records there is a consent form in my RQ form, If i sign it, CIC will make this request directly.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's great, CBSA consent wasn't included in my RQ form , I guess it is new , that is better.

Cheers

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
So I believe this is a new procedure..Consent for CBSA record on RQ form...I didn't have it on my RQ as well.. :(

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Received health record in mail today..it took exactly 30 days. Still waiting for travel history from CBSA.

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
Ladybug said:
Received health record in mail today..it took exactly 30 days. Still waiting for travel history from CBSA.
Will you meet your due date if you wait for CBSA report?
I read that some people sent their documents without this report with explanations that CBSA report would be mailed separately upon receiving.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Don't wait for the CBSA report if it didn't arrive within the RQ time frame , just send what ever you have and mention that in your cover letter.

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Antre said:
Will you meet your due date if you wait for CBSA report?
I read that some people sent their documents without this report with explanations that CBSA report would be mailed separately upon receiving.
I agree..I did not receive the Health record within the permitted time frame..I sent in whatever documents I had at my disposal and was waiting for Health and CBSA records. I received the health record yesterday and am awaiting the CBSA record. Planning to mail them out both together.