krishnaemp said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my time line.

Received : 11/oct/2012

Started processing: 07/feb/2013

Pre-test RQ: May 2013

RQ sent: June 2013

Letter to prepare for citizenship test: December 2013

Just received letter to write citizenship test on feb 06/2015 from Mississauga office.

I do not know when they again transferred my file from st.clair to mississauga.
good news! it's moving finally. have you ordered atip yet to see why file is transferred back to mississauga? maybe because rq review is done.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishnaemp said:
I think after July 1st 2015 everybody's application will be processed, as they will not be getting too many applications, due to increase in residency requirement.
we really hope so too.....

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailvdutt said:
Today i got this email for my Case Specific Enquiry

Dear Client,

Please be advised that a review of your electronic record indicates that your residence questionnaire was received on June 6th, 2014. Your application is currently in the inventory awaiting a residence assessment. Once this assessment has been completed, you will be notified as to the next stage of the process.

In the meantime, if you are planning to travel outside Canada, you may wish to renew your Permanent Resident card.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
mailvdutt, dare I ask you how did you sent that enquiry? any link to the webpage, pls...? Thanks!

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Some people told me to email cic specifically to know the delay of my case……but i dont know what the email address to send to them..does anyone know ? thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Please use the following:

Case Specific Enquiry:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

ATIP:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Please use the following:

Case Specific Enquiry:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

ATIP:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Thanks very much!

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
@ Supercarp, I ordered it on Jan 5th, not yet received from them. will let you know once it reaches me. I hope everybody who met requirements gets their citizenship fast.

I have 1246 days of physical presence in Canada, still I was RQed. Never traveled to United States. Only country I traveled is India, which stamps both entry and exit stamps. On test day I am going to tell the officer same thing, this is as easiest it can get to process the application. I cannot even travel to any other country other than India.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
mailvdutt said:
Today i got this email for my Case Specific Enquiry

Dear Client,

Please be advised that a review of your electronic record indicates that your residence questionnaire was received on June 6th, 2014. Your application is currently in the inventory awaiting a residence assessment. Once this assessment has been completed, you will be notified as to the next stage of the process.

In the meantime, if you are planning to travel outside Canada, you may wish to renew your Permanent Resident card.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
So you sent back the RQ on June 9th and they received it on June 6th. Interesting.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
In my ATIP report Below is mentioned at one place

Responsible Office : St Clair CIC
Rentention Period:6

What does Rentention Period:6 means?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also received the exact same letter so I wouldn't be excited about it as it looks like this is just generic letter that they send out to everyone that is past the 36 month mark. This is getting ridiculous.

zhading said:
Can't help sharing this amazing and very informative letter received from CIC recently. Basically I called CIC after 36 months expired and was told by the agent that our family's case was transferred from Ottawa to St.Clair. The agent said that CIC is supposed to provide an update on the status and the reason for the delay, and advised that he will send a note to the officer reviewing my case. And this is what we received a few days ago in mail:

"Dear Client:
This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office on 15/12/2014.

Our records indicate that your application is currently in residency queue awaiting residence assessment. Once the assessment has been completed, you will be notified as to the next stage of the process.

Should you require additional information on the requirements to become a Canadian Citizen, please visit the Help Centre page of our website at (link) An individual who has an active file at CIC can obtain information on the status of his or her file at (link) Also, in exceptional circumstances citizenship applications can be processed urgently, the criteria fro urgent processing can also be found on this website. (link)

I hope the above information is helpful. For future updates on your file or change of your address, please contact our Immigration Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website (link)

For further information, please contact Call Centre.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship Official"

Isn't it nice? I'm tempted to send this so called letter to the minister's office as an example of how CIC staff waste taxpayer's money.

P.S. somehow I can't post pictures or links here, so had to type all that stuff in...

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Having PRE RQ -BEFORE TEST definitely DOESNT make anything faster. I sent mind in march/2014 , then test may 2014 and so far i hear NOTTTTTHINNNGGG FROM CIC............

I WILL request atip for the first time to find out whats going on.............

i find it so funny i asked in this forum if anyone here did test in MAY 2014 IN SCARBOROUGH and no replies ! Apparently it was only ME ! LOL but the room was full of people............

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test in March 2014 and I am also still waiting, so you are not alone here. Maybe those guys that took the test with you are not aware of this forum :)

amazing21 said:
Having PRE RQ -BEFORE TEST definitely DOESNT make anything faster. I sent mind in march/2014 , then test may 2014 and so far i hear NOTTTTTHINNNGGG FROM CIC............

I WILL request atip for the first time to find out whats going on.............

i find it so funny i asked in this forum if anyone here did test in MAY 2014 IN SCARBOROUGH and no replies ! Apparently it was only ME ! LOL but the room was full of people............

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I did my test in March 2014 and I am also still waiting, so you are not alone here. Maybe those guys that took the test with you are not aware of this forum :)
Kelshear or someone had a spreadsheet and I found 10 odd people including me who applied in 2014 getting Pretest RQ and also a test after.

No one has anymore updates after

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is there any guide or something to know what we should answer when the form CIT 0171 ask for Address (city, country) ?

I know it's better to write the full address but I would like to know what is the correct answer.

Thanks,