+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Average Processing time in 2017

znaty

Feb 15, 2009
Canada
Good Morning everyone,

Is there average processing time for those who received RQ after the interview in 2017 ? I have received RQ one day after the interview , on Jan 2017 , They received the completed CIT 052 request on Mar 6 , and still haven't received anything from them yet . I am in Edmonton and applied in Nov 2016
I requested ATIP and received it last week , nothing interesting in the report other than they wrote besides the residency assessment : not started . And everything else is Passed
They also wrote a note states that I sent everything they requested
I would appreciate if you share any duration that you might heard of this year , especially Edmonton office
Thanks
Znaty

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Is there average processing time for those who received RQ after the interview in 2017 ? I have received RQ one day after the interview , on Jan 2017 , responded in 2 weeks and still haven't received anything from them yet . I am in Edmonton and applied in Nov 2016
Thanks
Good Morning everyone,

Is there average processing time for those who received RQ after the interview in 2017 ? I have received RQ one day after the interview , on Jan 2017 , They received the completed CIT 052 request on Mar 6 , and still haven't received anything from them yet . I am in Edmonton and applied in Nov 2016
I requested ATIP and received it last week , nothing interesting in the report other than they wrote besides the residency assessment : not started . And everything else is Passed
They also wrote a note states that I sent everything they requested
I would appreciate if you share any duration that you might heard of this year , especially Edmonton office
Thanks
Znaty
The discussion linked by .Steve should illuminate quite a lot about the process. There are other topics here specifically about RQ as well.

You refer to getting RQ but reference CIT 0520, which is what some called RQ-lite. Typically there are less concerns leading to a CIT 0520 request for specific documents, than there is for the full blown RQ (CIT 0171 per last version I have seen cited). Similarly, the processing timeline for applicants who make a timely and responsive submission for a CIT 0520 request tends to be a lot less than for those issued the full blown RQ.

The number of reports of full blown RQ and CIT 0520 has been low for at least the last year or so. Fewer reports means more difficulty extrapolating general information, including relative to the impact on the timeline especially. Moreover, for the last year overall timelines have dramatically declined, most notably for routine applicants, but there has not been enough information, enough reporting, to apply this to RQ'd applicants.

But the main factors are relatively easy to identify: the stronger the case, the better the odds of it going through the process more quickly.

The good news is that it appears that IRCC has dramatically reduced the backlog in non-routine cases. So this should not cause more than a few months delay . . . EXCEPT, that is unless, there are substantive concerns about the physical presence calculation. You know you your case, so you should have a fair idea if there is much risk of IRCC having concerns about your residence/presence in Canada.

So long as the case is not on a track to go to a Citizenship Judge (that would be a case in which IRCC concludes the presence requirement was not met), probably no need to worry that the timeline will be in the range it was just a few years ago, when many RQ'd cases dragged on past three years, some four.

znaty

Feb 15, 2009
Canada
The discussion linked by .Steve should illuminate quite a lot about the process. There are other topics here specifically about RQ as well.

You refer to getting RQ but reference CIT 0520, which is what some called RQ-lite. Typically there are less concerns leading to a CIT 0520 request for specific documents, than there is for the full blown RQ (CIT 0171 per last version I have seen cited). Similarly, the processing timeline for applicants who make a timely and responsive submission for a CIT 0520 request tends to be a lot less than for those issued the full blown RQ.

The number of reports of full blown RQ and CIT 0520 has been low for at least the last year or so. Fewer reports means more difficulty extrapolating general information, including relative to the impact on the timeline especially. Moreover, for the last year overall timelines have dramatically declined, most notably for routine applicants, but there has not been enough information, enough reporting, to apply this to RQ'd applicants.

But the main factors are relatively easy to identify: the stronger the case, the better the odds of it going through the process more quickly.

The good news is that it appears that IRCC has dramatically reduced the backlog in non-routine cases. So this should not cause more than a few months delay . . . EXCEPT, that is unless, there are substantive concerns about the physical presence calculation. You know you your case, so you should have a fair idea if there is much risk of IRCC having concerns about your residence/presence in Canada.

So long as the case is not on a track to go to a Citizenship Judge (that would be a case in which IRCC concludes the presence requirement was not met), probably no need to worry that the timeline will be in the range it was just a few years ago, when many RQ'd cases dragged on past three years, some four.
Thank you very much , I appreciate your detailed response.
For me , it looks like my passport photocopy showed a stamp , which wasn't actually a stamp but a back print from another stamp in the following page , and off curse nothing in the translation , because in the second RQ he asked to retranslate my passport and said "your passport translation mssing some stamps , you may consider changing your translator " And I already retranslated using another translator . It could be because of this reason , or it could the border didn't register my entry in one of my trips back. Because I think there is something wrong in the magnetic bar in my PR card , I have to scan it several times in order to work . I am not sure about the reason I am just guessing
Both RQ were CIT0520 , the first one was the day after the test and I responded in a week , the second one was exactly when he received my response on the first one , and responded to this one on Mar 6
My presence in canada during the last 4 years before the application is straight forward and easy to be traced , I was studying in the first year with part time job , and then full time employment for the remaining 3 years , with 4 years tax assessment prove that. I travelled during this period 3 times for vacation in my home country , each trip for 2 weeks only , and I am over 1460 days
I hope it comes to an end soon , I have to travel for a month next August and I am afraid they send me something while I am abroad
Thanks again
Znaty