+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ after citizenship exam

what

Dec 21, 2013
My wife has been given an RQ after she took the exam due to a lack of proof of residency.

The RQ was mailed to Mississauga Centre on March 2011
and nothing online shows the receipt of RQ application
we contacted the immigration and they advised us that the application has been received on June 2011 and it is in process.

So any one with guidance to our case?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what said:
My wife has been given an RQ after she took the exam due to a lack of proof of residency.

The RQ was mailed to Mississauga Centre on March 2011
and nothing online shows the receipt of RQ application
we contacted the immigration and they advised us that the application has been received on June 2011 and it is in process.

So any one with guidance to our case?
just wait up to 35 months.

what

Dec 21, 2013
EasyRider said:
What's your question?
My RQ has been submitted for almost 34 months
And the Citizenship application for almost 46 months

So should I do any action?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what said:

Did you order ATIP notes? It tell what has been done to her application. My is 22 pages long.
What is your country of birth?
I did not realize that you submitted for almost 34 months already. Really long!

what

Dec 21, 2013
nguyentu2001 said:
Did you order ATIP notes? It tell what has been done to her application. My is 22 pages long.
What is your country of birth?
I did not realize that you submitted for almost 34 months already. Really long!
I just ordered the ATIP last night and I have to wait 30 calendar days to get it.
Is there any other action I should pursue if my application still in queue?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what said:
I just ordered the ATIP last night and I have to wait 30 calendar days to get it.
Is there any other action I should pursue if my application still in queue?
You need to get the notes first then see whats going on with your file.
You may get something in a month or so..oath letter maybe.

SINI2014

Jan 20, 2014
My Hoby Received the CIT 0520 on the day of test which was last week at Mississauga centre. He got 20/20. People who passed the test on that day, received the notice of attendance for oath for following week, test was on Sat their oath is going to be on Thursday .
The officer mentioned to my husband explicitly that it wont take a long time to process this document. He said within 4 weeks. My Hoby needs to provide translation of his passports stamps. I don't think it's RQ, and it wont take more than 4 months( in the worst case scenario), because the officer was looking at stamps dates in his passport and he was almost convinced that everything OK. However, since my hoby is student and he spent one semester (sept to Jan) out of Canada the officer hesitated and asked him to provide this document.

P.S Mississauga office sent the first notice of attendance for the test to the wrong address(Last week of Nov), and we received the mail 1 day after the test's day (our building manager found us and gave us the mail). We sent the objection and proof of our correct address. We received the second notice of attendance with the 32 days after day received the mail, so I believe the processing time will be faster than what we estimate. (keep finger cross)

aayazdi

Jan 23, 2014
Hi, I received CIT 0520 after my test on Dec. 19, 2013 requesting for a translation of my passport. I mailed them my translated passport on Jan 02,2014. Have not heard from them yet. has anyone have any idea how long will it take them to process my file? thanks,

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
what said:

Hi what,
You can find a lawyer to file for Mandamus, like I did. It will cost you 4000$. Some people were lucky to find a lawyer willing to file for 2000-3000$. Check my thead here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/after-36-months-i-go-for-mandamus-who-else-here-has-hired-a-lawyer-t182495.0.html