+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ after applying 3 years ago....

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
flybest1 said:
35 months for RQ from the date of application for citizenship..
That info is the website version of CIC it is 36-48 months.

RQ FAQ

What: The Residence Questionnaire is a five page document sometimes used in Canada’s citizenship process. It is issued when Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials are concerned that the applicant has not met the residency guidelines which make a permanent resident eligible to apply for citizenship. The RQ has been issued with increasing frequency since the May 2012 issuance of CIC Operational Bulletin 407. The RQ demands extensive documentation.

Who: The vast majority of RQ recipients are people of colour, often from the Mideast or South Asia. Stay-at-home mothers, the un- or underemployed, consultants and freelance workers are also targeted. Those who frequently travel, or who misreport absences on their original citizenship applications are also subject to the RQ.

Numbers: The CIC does not publicly report RQ statistics, but Nicholas Keung’s Toronto Star article on the RQ quotes the CIC as stating that approximately 11,000 RQs were issued between May 7 and Sept. 28, 2012. This means that during that period the CIC issued RQs at a rate of approx. 76/day, 2292/month or 27,882/year. This suggests that RQs are sent to around 12.5% of applicants. Additionally, documents received through Canada’s Access to Information Act show that the CIC’s Vancouver and Montréal offices had RQ rates of 30% and 50% respectively for at least part of 2012.

Timeline: There are no official processing benchmarks for Residence Questionnaires. Some CIC Helpline agents estimate a timeline of 48 months for the citizenship applications of RQ recipients will move on to the next stage of the citizenship process. Others estimate that it will take 35-37 months from the time of initial application until citizenship is granted or refused. None of these responses are traceable to any publicly available documentation. There are no official timelines, no recourse and seemingly very little parliamentary oversight once someone gets an RQ.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
Who: The vast majority of RQ recipients are people of colour, often from the Mideast or South Asia. Stay-at-home mothers, the un- or underemployed, consultants and freelance workers are also targeted.
OMG, is this in the official verbiage on CIC's FAQ? :eek: :eek: :eek: I hope not. ??? ??? ??? I see Eileen's website has this term probably to have people taste the reality , but its an entirely different thing for CIC to use this term.

Again, OMG!

OKK said:
Information Act show that the CIC's Vancouver and Montréal offices had RQ rates of 30% and 50% respectively for at least part of 2012.
Is this to restrict the immigrant population in Quebec? Are the Feds trying to weaken the Quebecois or the Quebecois itself trying to restrict on something (you know what! ;))

OKK said:
Timeline: There are no official processing benchmarks for Residence Questionnaires. Some CIC Helpline agents estimate a timeline of 48 months for the citizenship applications of RQ recipients will move on to the next stage of the citizenship process. Others estimate that it will take 35-37 months from the time of initial application until citizenship is granted or refused. None of these responses are traceable to any publicly available documentation. There are no official timelines, no recourse and seemingly very little parliamentary oversight once someone gets an RQ.
LOL :D :D :D this sounds more like "There are no official processing benchmarks for Residence Questionnaires. CIC Helpline agents are encouraged to randomly think numbers between 12 through 48 and are asked to mention whichever is the highest number (obviously 48) would be the appropriate time frame by when CIC can make a decision on a RQ. Currently CIC has approved its agent to think random number only until 48, based upon the naivety and tolerance of the immigrant communities (and the hope of getting a mandate for the PC party in 2015 again!) CIC will strategically increase the upper range to a convenient higher number say 20 or 50 years.". It may sound funny, it is closer to truth, if not the fact itself. The CIC agents are not reliable, properly trained and empowered with information. The RQ process with little/no governing body overseeing is a farce and a highly abused tool.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
LOL your post made me chuckle. :p If they had anything about people of color in that regard on their website, I believe they will be answering questions in the Supreme Court. I think that was just someone's observation.

Also, I don't believe they are targeting middle Easterners or South East Asians. It just so happens that a good number of PRs working in Dubai or United Arab Emirates, with their wife and kids living in Canada(or abroad), frequent travel, come from that area.

Regarding Quebec, it could have something to do with the rates of residency fraud. See these:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/03/couple-fined-120000-for-immigration-fraud-following-government-crackdown/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2009/09/17/quebec-immigration-fraud.html

CanuckForEver said:
OMG, is this in the official verbiage on CIC's FAQ? :eek: :eek: :eek: I hope not. ??? ??? ??? I see Eileen's website has this term probably to have people taste the reality , but its an entirely different thing for CIC to use this term.

Again, OMG!

Is this to restrict the immigrant population in Quebec? Are the Feds trying to weaken the Quebecois or the Quebecois itself trying to restrict on something (you know what! ;))

LOL :D :D :D this sounds more like "There are no official processing benchmarks for Residence Questionnaires. CIC Helpline agents are encouraged to randomly think numbers between 12 through 48 and are asked to mention whichever is the highest number (obviously 48) would be the appropriate time frame by when CIC can make a decision on a RQ. Currently CIC has approved its agent to think random number only until 48, based upon the naivety and tolerance of the immigrant communities (and the hope of getting a mandate for the PC party in 2015 again!) CIC will strategically increase the upper range to a convenient higher number say 20 or 50 years.". It may sound funny, it is closer to truth, if not the fact itself. The CIC agents are not reliable, properly trained and empowered with information. The RQ process with little/no governing body overseeing is a farce and a highly abused tool.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
SenoritaBella said:
Also, I don't believe they are targeting middle Easterners or South East Asians.
This.

I don't think they're singling out any specific ethnicities, it's going to be more about singling out specific countries.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
proof is thousands of ppl who are suffering from this process...including 3 of my friends.