+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Residence fee/Travel document fee HELP!

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Help!

I have just been sent my PPR and there's a big 'X' next to the section that says 'Right to permanent residence fee' (380 euros) and below this is something called a 'Travel Document' fee for (40 euros). It's unclear whether I need to pay just the 380 euro Right of Residence fee alone, or both, making the total 420 euros.

It says they will send it back if the amount is wrong so in don't want to screw this up!! Please help!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Which passport r u carrying? There r certain pps (from certain nations) which r inadmissible to Canada. Then, they require a Travel Document to enter.

However, in such cases they still do not ask for a separate Travel Doc Fee, as they r provided a FREE SJTD (Single Journey Travel Document) to make just one entry to Canada, for the landing.

Is the 2nd point also marked X for u? If that's the case they have asked for that fee as well. Which I do not understand.

Qorax

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Thanks for you quick reply. We have dutch and american passports so I don't think there's any problem there. With your answer I am now pretty sure that we just have to pay the Immigration fees. It makes the most sense too. It was just a very confusing letter we got and the cross they put on it, only made it more unclear.
regards,
Christian