Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb. 15 2011
VISA ISSUED...
i dont know when
LANDED..........
soon
Hello there, ived been following a lot of thread, and it really gets me confused. i hope someone could help me out. im weighing my situations, i landed as FSW 2009 single, 2010 marry my husband. december 2010 i applied him. March 1, 2011 received the PPR. Now my question is do i still have to pay RPRF??? since he had PPR already? i wonder why theres no request to pay RPRF. i cannot call the call centre coz im busy with my job. ived read that it depends on the embassy? but still its right of permanent resident fee. right? just taking chances just to speed up the process of my true love. :-*

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I am in a state of confusion. I live in Canada and my husband is in Morocco. The visa office received our file on March 31, 2011. When I sent our application to Immigration Canada in Mississauga, I did not send the full amount. I did not send the money for the right of permanent residence fee as I did not have enough at the time and also I read that the regular processing time in Rabat is 11 months. So I thought I would have enough time to find the money until Spring 2012.

But my husband received a phone call 2 days ago from the visa office. A lady asked him lots of questions on the phone and she asked him to bring more pictures, copy of our emails and msn chats. He asked her if everything was fine with our file. She said yes. He told her I was coming in a few days to spend my summer vacation with him. She said to him: "Tell your wife to pay for the visa asap. She might go back to Canada with you".

Then, my husband went today to the visa office to deliver the pictures and emails. He was told that in 25 days he will get a phone call from them. He will know in 25 days if has been accepted or not. Also he will know if he needs interview or not. They also asked him again to pay for the visa.

I read here that when a visa office asks to pay the right of permanent residence fee, it means that they are ready to issue the visa. But why then they told him he will get a positive or a negative answer in 25 days??? Are we missing something? Thanks for any feedback you may have!

mdelacruz

May 3, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, hope someone here can help me out.. I'm sponsoring my husband for pr outbound (manila) cic sent me a letter re RPRF last week of March and another letter requesting my husband's passport. So I paid for his RPRF online. Dumb me, didn't read the instructions that I had to send out the receipt of the RPRF to Mississauga! I already sent out his passport to Manila a few weeks back and will send out the receipt to Mississauga by tomorrow and maybe send one copy to Manila as well. Do you think this will cause delay? I hope not, we're going on a trip this late June so I hope he gets his passport back as soon as possible. Hope someone can help me out on this! Thanks!!!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Habibti said:
I am in a state of confusion. I live in Canada and my husband is in Morocco. The visa office received our file on March 31, 2011. When I sent our application to Immigration Canada in Mississauga, I did not send the full amount. I did not send the money for the right of permanent residence fee as I did not have enough at the time and also I read that the regular processing time in Rabat is 11 months. So I thought I would have enough time to find the money until Spring 2012.

But my husband received a phone call 2 days ago from the visa office. A lady asked him lots of questions on the phone and she asked him to bring more pictures, copy of our emails and msn chats. He asked her if everything was fine with our file. She said yes. He told her I was coming in a few days to spend my summer vacation with him. She said to him: "Tell your wife to pay for the visa asap. She might go back to Canada with you".

Then, my husband went today to the visa office to deliver the pictures and emails. He was told that in 25 days he will get a phone call from them. He will know in 25 days if has been accepted or not. Also he will know if he needs interview or not. They also asked him again to pay for the visa.

I read here that when a visa office asks to pay the right of permanent residence fee, it means that they are ready to issue the visa. But why then they told him he will get a positive or a negative answer in 25 days??? Are we missing something? Thanks for any feedback you may have!
I'm no expert but I can speak on my own experiences and what I have read in this forum, etc. From what I know, applying outland, paying the RPRF is a good sign. It means that they are working on finalizing your application. However, for example, I had to submit RPRF along with police certificate of clearance. Now, fee is paid and unless they find something on my pc (which they won't as I have no record) then all is good. However, I'm sure there are others that pay the fee but might have some discrepancies in their background, etc. Also, with outland for US, you are supposed to pay the RPRF upfront and submit pc with application, so really they ask for it from the get go.

However, by the sounds of your phone call, etc, it seems as though they would just like additional information to confirm things. It sounds like you will have a positive outcome! And I do wish you all the best! I wouldn't worry about it too much! Be happy, supply the info they requested- you know your application is genuine so there is nothing to worry about! You worry when there is an actual confirmed problem (which I'm sure will not happen with your case) and then you deal with it at that point! In the meantime, be positive and happy :) It will all work out. All the best to you!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
muffy1 said:
I'm no expert but I can speak on my own experiences and what I have read in this forum, etc. From what I know, applying outland, paying the RPRF is a good sign. It means that they are working on finalizing your application. However, for example, I had to submit RPRF along with police certificate of clearance. Now, fee is paid and unless they find something on my pc (which they won't as I have no record) then all is good. However, I'm sure there are others that pay the fee but might have some discrepancies in their background, etc. Also, with outland for US, you are supposed to pay the RPRF upfront and submit pc with application, so really they ask for it from the get go.

However, by the sounds of your phone call, etc, it seems as though they would just like additional information to confirm things. It sounds like you will have a positive outcome! And I do wish you all the best! I wouldn't worry about it too much! Be happy, supply the info they requested- you know your application is genuine so there is nothing to worry about! You worry when there is an actual confirmed problem (which I'm sure will not happen with your case) and then you deal with it at that point! In the meantime, be positive and happy :) It will all work out. All the best to you!
Thanks for the reply, but don't you think it is a bit too late to reply after one year? :)
My husband's visa was denied in November 2011. We are going to have full hearing on June 21st. As you said, I should be positive and happy lol lol

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Habibti said:
Thanks for the reply, but don't you think it is a bit too late to reply after one year? :)
My husband's visa was denied in November 2011. We are going to have full hearing on June 21st. As you said, I should be positive and happy lol lol
I did not notice that it was a year old. It was an updated thread and read the couple posts previous to the last one. But, no I don't think it's kind of late to reply. If it helps someone else reading it who might be in a similar situation today then that's a good thing.

I'm sorry to hear it was denied! That's no reason to be sarcastic. However, I will let it slide because I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Hopefully, time will pass fast this next month and your appeal date will be here before you know it. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
muffy1 said:
I did not notice that it was a year old. It was an updated thread and read the couple posts previous to the last one. But, no I don't think it's kind of late to reply. If it helps someone else reading it who might be in a similar situation today then that's a good thing.

I'm sorry to hear it was denied! That's no reason to be sarcastic. However, I will let it slide because I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Hopefully, time will pass fast this next month and your appeal date will be here before you know it. I'm sure it will turn out fine.
Sorry, I did not mean to be sarcastic. Humor is needed in these painful times. Yes, you are right. It could be useful one day for someone else. Thanks for the encouragement!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Habibti said:
Sorry, I did not mean to be sarcastic. Humor is needed in these painful times. Yes, you are right. It could be useful one day for someone else. Thanks for the encouragement!
No problem at all! I suppose I jumped the gun, as well.....this process makes us all stressed out, etc, emotions can run high :) I know I feel like I'm going crazy every day, but hearing your story makes me thankful because at least we haven't been denied and I hope we will not! I am really sorry that that has happened to you! I will say a prayer and I am sure everything will work out just fine for you! I know it's hard to stay positive but keep the faith if you can.....everything will work out! It just has to :) All the best to you!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Not sure if anyone is aware, but the government of Canada has a loan program for immigrants for their immigration fees. I found out about it after I borrowed money from family, but thought I'd share with the rest of you in case you need it! :)

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/immigration_loan.shtml

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/pr_fee_loan.shtml

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
hello .... i have read on some of the forums that they ask for RPRF when all security and background checks done well i am not sure about this so i have paid my fees when embassy asked me in month of march and now waiting and this is true that it slow down your process abt 6-8 weeks
so guys if you have anyother infor to share so do share

GOOD LUCK

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
chuchay said:
I am single and lives in Canada,if I get my permanent residence status do I have to pay the RPRF?
Yes. But you pay it BEFORE you get PR.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
chuchay said:
I am single and lives in Canada,if I get my permanent residence status do I have to pay the RPRF?
Mine I paid it at the bank,hour before I went to get my landed papers..you cannot land until you pay the fee and you can give your receipt to the officer before she handed you to sign your COPR..

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
Attybulosan said:
Should you need assistance, you may email me at attybulosan @ yahoo.ca
I am a filipino lawyer practising immigration law in Vancouver, BC, Canada

I remembered last week there's one post and looking for immigration lawyer here in Vancouver