+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

ars5lan

Nov 6, 2014
Dear all!

I received recently from CPC-CTD-Ottawa this email:
We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.
The thing is that I applied for the permanent residence in January from within Canada and I'm still living and working in Canada. I have already paid the required fee (490$) and then I realized: Why I need it if I'm already in Canada? And also it says "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa." I applied for the permanent residence, but no for the permanent resident visa.

Any suggestions?

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
If you have already paid it..send them the copy of it to the email address they mentioned in the email they sent.
BTW, you applied for a Permanent Resident Visa....what they said is correct.
Dont panic :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ars5lan said:
Dear all!

I received recently from CPC-CTD-Ottawa this email:
We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.
The thing is that I applied for the permanent residence in January from within Canada and I'm still living and working in Canada. I have already paid the required fee (490$) and then I realized: Why I need it if I'm already in Canada? And also it says "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa." I applied for the permanent residence, but no for the permanent resident visa.

Any suggestions?
Just attach the PDF receipt of your payment to an email and that should be fine!

Best of Luck!