+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee - Applying through UK

Stephys

Mar 3, 2011
Hi,
I was hoping someone could shed some light for me and my fiance. I am canadian and he is english so we are applying through the London UK office. We received a letter via email asking to pay the Right of Perm Residence fee. We paid it online the second we received the letter and sent off the official receipt to Mississauga and London. Its been about a week and a half now since we sent it in. I've been reading on a bunch of forums that not paying this fee ahead of time (we didn't know about it as we have hired someone to help us through the process - waste of time and money as clearly not helpful people) that paying for it when requested causes signficant delays in your application. Some people have said 2 months :(. Was wondering if anyone has had this same issue of paying the RPR fee when requested and how long it took you to get your application processed once you paid it. We are hoping not 2 months as we live apart and have been for 4 months now.

Thanks
steph

Stephys

Mar 3, 2011
Hi,
Yeah I did some searches but couldn't find any information that was udpated for 2011 (all related to 2010) so had the small hope that 2011 would have faster times.
thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stephys said:
Hi,
Yeah I did some searches but couldn't find any information that was udpated for 2011 (all related to 2010) so had the small hope that 2011 would have faster times.
thanks
Not likely.

Every case is different, IMO it is better to pay it with all the other fees, that way there is less chance of things lost or mis-matched.