+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revised Job Offer / Offer of Employment Sample for Reconsideration Request

wallacelin

Mar 6, 2019
EDIT: Sorry, the thing I am looking for is RECONSIDERATION REQUEST, not APPEAL.

Hello, I was invited to apply for PR back in August 2019 and was refused in February 5 on the grounds of losing a total of 63 points: 13 from not qualifying for 2 Years of Canadian Work Experience (because it wasn't continuous) and 50 points for not having a valid job offer that confirmed I will be hired continuously full-time for at least one year after the date of permanent residence visa issued.

I want to appeal the decision and ask if we can amend my job offer letter because it is missing that specific line: to be hired continuously full-time for at least a year after the date of receiving PR. I met with my employer who does intend to continue employing me because I have been with him for at least 2 years (not continuous) and he is willing to provide a revised job offer.

I'd like to ask if anyone can provide a sample or example of what a revised job offer letter should look like? If you have done something similar to appeal your PR decision, was it successful?

Here's my original job letter, which also includes a record of my previous employment by the same employer:

----
XXX, 2019

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

To: XXX

Dear XXX,

We are pleased to confirm the offer of employment to you for the position of [POSITION] at [COMPANY], [COMPANY ADDRESS], the terms of which are as follows. This offer of employment is open for acceptance by you for three business days after the date of this letter unless it is withdrawn by us before acceptance by you.

Start Date: XXX

End Date: XXX, Unless otherwise agreed to in writing. (this is the part where we are missing the detail above)

Compensation: XXX

Probationary Period: XXX

Attire: XXX

Duties: XXX

A record of your previous employment with [COMPANY] can be found here:

[PREVIOUS RECORD] [POSITION]: October 3, 2017 - June 14, 2019

[REST OF JOB OFFER DETAILS]

We are looking forward to you becoming an integral part of the [COMPANY] organization and welcome you to the team.

Yours very truly,
[COMPANY]

Signed, [EMPLOYER] [DATE]

Signed, XXX [DATE]
----
My questions are:
  1. How can this be changed to make it clear it has been revised by the employer?
  2. Should the dates change or remain backdated?
  3. The letter originally included my employment record from October 2017 to June 2019, but I actually have returned since August 2019 under the IEC Young Professionals work permit which is LMIA-exempt with the same employer. Should I also include my current period of employment along with the 2017-2019 one, or should I remove my records altogether? (I did submit my letter of employment and employment records which are separate)
  4. Is it possible to retrieve the files I submitted? I want to check to make sure I have everything correct but I can't seem to download them.

Any insight or samples would be helpful. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Wallace

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
An "appeal" will likely go nowhere, you'd need to hire a lawyer to prove that there was an error in the application of the law. That can be pricey; if your employment letter did not clearly state that you would be employed for at least a year, then you were correctly refused. Submitting a new employment letter is not conducive to an "appeal" as it was information you should have provided when you applied but did not.

What you need to do is re-apply.

wallacelin

Mar 6, 2019
An "appeal" will likely go nowhere, you'd need to hire a lawyer to prove that there was an error in the application of the law. That can be pricey; if your employment letter did not clearly state that you would be employed for at least a year, then you were correctly refused. Submitting a new employment letter is not conducive to an "appeal" as it was information you should have provided when you applied but did not.

What you need to do is re-apply.
I guess I should start a new Express Entry profile now just in case. However I would still like to try and submit a Case-Specific Enquiry with the revised job offer as I'm pretty sure there are cases on this forum where someone's refusal were overturned by replacing wrong documents/amending missing details. Obviously not a guaranteed and more likely exceptions, but I would rather try if I have the chance.

Thanks for your input!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I was invited to apply for PR back in August 2019 and was refused in February 5 on the grounds of losing a total of 63 points: 13 from not qualifying for 2 Years of Canadian Work Experience (because it wasn't continuous) and 50 points for not having a valid job offer that confirmed I will be hired continuously full-time for at least one year after the date of permanent residence visa issued.

I want to appeal the decision and ask if we can amend my job offer letter because it is missing that specific line: to be hired continuously full-time for at least a year after the date of receiving PR. I met with my employer who does intend to continue employing me because I have been with him for at least 2 years (not continuous) and he is willing to provide a revised job offer.

I'd like to ask if anyone can provide a sample or example of what a revised job offer letter should look like? If you have done something similar to appeal your PR decision, was it successful?

Here's my original job letter, which also includes a record of my previous employment by the same employer:

----
XXX, 2019

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

Dear XXX,

We are pleased to confirm the offer of employment to you for the position of [POSITION] at [COMPANY], [COMPANY ADDRESS], the terms of which are as follows. This offer of employment is open for acceptance by you for three business days after the date of this letter unless it is withdrawn by us before acceptance by you.

End Date: XXX, Unless otherwise agreed to in writing. (this is the part where we are missing the detail above)

We are looking forward to you becoming an integral part of the [COMPANY] organization and welcome you to the team.

Yours very truly,
[COMPANY]

Signed, XXX [DATE]
----
My questions are:
  1. How can this be amended to make it clear it has been revised by the employer?
  3. The letter originally included my employment record from October 2017 to June 2019, but I actually have returned since August 2019 under the IEC Young Professionals work permit which is LMIA-exempt with the same employer. Should I also include my current period of employment along with the 2017-2019 one, or should I remove my records altogether? (I did submit my letter of employment and employment records which are separate)
  4. Is it possible to retrieve the files I submitted? I want to check to make sure I have everything correct but I can't seem to download them.

Sincerely,
Wallace
An appeal will only succeed if you were incorrectly refused based on the documents you provided. You can't add or enhance the employment letter as part of the appeal. If your letter was missing the line regarding the one year after PR, then unfortunately it sounds like you were correctly refused and reapplying would be the right thing to do next. Good luck.

Reactions: k.h.p.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I guess I should start a new Express Entry profile now just in case. However I would still like to try and submit a Case-Specific Enquiry with the revised job offer as I'm pretty sure there are cases on this forum where someone's refusal were overturned by replacing wrong documents/amending missing details. Obviously not a guaranteed and more likely exceptions, but I would rather try if I have the chance.

Thanks for your input!
These are not appeals.

They are reconsideration requests. Appeals and reconsiderations requests are two entirely different things.

Yes - you can certainly submit a case specific inquiry with the corrected letter and request reconsideration. Very hard to say if it will be considered. Most are not - some are.

wallacelin

Mar 6, 2019
These are not appeals.

They are reconsideration requests. Appeals and reconsiderations requests are two entirely different things.

Yes - you can certainly submit a case specific inquiry with the corrected letter and request reconsideration. Very hard to say if it will be considered. Most are not - some are.
I am sorry for the confusion! Yes I want to apply for a reconsideration request using the CSE with my revised job offer letter. This is going to be hard to prove but my employer did genuinely made a mistake by using a template. He has full intention of hiring me full-time permanently. I know it's my fault for not checking the letter criteria more thoroughly.

Perhaps someone can answer my next question related to re-doing Express Entry: Can I still submit a valid job offer that is exempted from the LMIA if I am still on a LMIA-exempt work permit until August 2020? (IEC Young Professionals)

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
EDIT: Sorry, the thing I am looking for is RECONSIDERATION REQUEST, not APPEAL.

----
XXX, 2019

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

Dear XXX,

Yours very truly,
[COMPANY]

Signed, XXX [DATE]
----
My questions are:
  1. How can this be changed to make it clear it has been revised by the employer?

Sincerely,
Wallace
Hi. I thought the Canadian experience doesn't have to be continuous?