+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of eligibility and Background check

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Hi, when I check my application page I see there is Review of eligibility and Background check is processing. How much does it takes to process these two things for IRCC does anyone know? Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, when I check my application page I see there is Review of eligibility and Background check is processing. How much does it takes to process these two things for IRCC does anyone know? Thank you!
No, no-one knows. You can look at the tracker to compare what's happening with others but it varies A LOT between individuals. So asking 'how long' is not going to get any useful information.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
it shows in gckey or ecas?

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hi, it shows in gckey.
Oh okay
Our says it too, where the Eligibility review and BG check it says we are processing the eligibility and bg check, so i guess we're on the same stage as you :) the latest update is Medicals passed on Aug 23

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Oh okay
Our says it too, where the Eligibility review and BG check it says we are processing the eligibility and bg check, so i guess we're on the same stage as you :) the latest update is Medicals passed on Aug 23
Yes we are actually. I think your medical and biometric stage has taken a little bit long? Because I sended my application at July and I got my medical and biometric letter at September and it updated as processing for BG and eligibility. Hope that that the results will be as soon as possible for both of us. I did some research and I think people are generally getting their approval at this stage within 6 months if I didn't understand it wrong. So let's hope for the best. And also I didn't asked if it's gonna take too long or short I just wanted to take some opinions from people that who passed these stages. So if anyone can share their experiences at this stage that would be perfect for us we can have some idea. Otherwise talking in a negative way won't help anyone. Thank you.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Yes we are actually. I think your medical and biometric stage has taken a little bit long? Because I sended my application at July and I got my medical and biometric letter at September and it updated as processing for BG and eligibility. Hope that that the results will be as soon as possible for both of us. I did some research and I think people are generally getting their approval at this stage within 6 months if I didn't understand it wrong. So let's hope for the best. And also I didn't asked if it's gonna take too long or short I just wanted to take some opinions from people that who passed these stages. So if anyone can share their experiences at this stage that would be perfect for us we can have some idea. Otherwise talking in a negative way won't help anyone. Thank you.
my timeline is in my signature, we had to wait for AOR1 for a long time cause they asked us to nenew PCCs. Then things went quick and when my husband passed medicals everything stopped :rolleyes: hopefully we will get something by Feb at least lol
I didn't say anything negative, just straight facts as they are )) covid made this queue so long for all of us

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Ah I got it now, because most of the applicants that I saw they got their medicals and biometrics after their applications 2-3 months, that makes sense now. I did some research about it I don't want to give any hopes or anything but as far as I understand people are getting their BG and eligibility results within 6 months after biometrics. But still I'm not sure and have so many question marks. I hope someone who passed these stages will see this thread and answer us. :D And I know I didn't want to say it to you, sorry about the misunderstanding. I was talking about the other message someone wrote was negative, not helping any at all. That COVID thing is really unfortunate thing for us, sadly.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Ah I got it now, because most of the applicants that I saw they got their medicals and biometrics after their applications 2-3 months, that makes sense now. I did some research about it I don't want to give any hopes or anything but as far as I understand people are getting their BG and eligibility results within 6 months after biometrics. But still I'm not sure and have so many question marks. I hope someone who passed these stages will see this thread and answer us. :D And I know I didn't want to say it to you, sorry about the misunderstanding. I was talking about the other message someone wrote was negative, not helping any at all. That COVID thing is really unfortunate thing for us, sadly.
I thought it's 6 months after medicals. My friends got their Prearrivals 6 months after they massed medicals. You know your medicals should be valid when you land in Canada right? So they have to give a person at least 2-3 months until he lands in Canada.

Amaan Muhammad

Nov 8, 2023
Hi
Guyz Any Update About ircc Visa Process Time Of United Arab Emirates
i Applied Canada Visitor Visa in Can+ With Valid USA B1 / B2 Visa .

i Submited My Application 23, September, 2023
Old Biometrics Updated Through Web Form 18, October, 2023
Application Tracking Status ( Background And Eligibility Are Showing in Progress ) Yet.

Give Me Any Suitable Suggestion About My Application What Can i Do Now Or Still Wait For Replay The Side Of ircc.