+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada after 1.5 years

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
Hello All,

I become PR since 2022 in December under family class sponsorship.

After landing I spent 2 weeks with my partner and found out that she was dominating on me.

Due to some same problems I left canada in last December and never went back.

Now things have been sorted out and I’m thinking to coming back.

The question is can I come back to Canada, I do have a PR card, Does any CBSA officer deport me ?
Will they ask where was I for last 1.5 years ?
Or Have they canceled my PR status ?

what should I do ?
Pls help..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello All,

I become PR since 2022 in December under family class sponsorship.

After landing I spent 2 weeks with my partner and found out that she was dominating on me.

Due to some same problems I left canada in last December and never went back.

Now things have been sorted out and I’m thinking to coming back.

The question is can I come back to Canada, I do have a PR card, Does any CBSA officer deport me ?
Will they ask where was I for last 1.5 years ?
Or Have they canceled my PR status ?

what should I do ?
Pls help..
If you are a PR and have a valid PR card, you can enter into Canada.

Do you think your partner reported you for fraud? Are you under IRCC investigation?
If not, you are fine to travel. They may ask how long you've been away. Just answer truthfully.

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
If you are a PR and have a valid PR card, you can enter into Canada.

Do you think your partner reported you for fraud? Are you under IRCC investigation?
If not, you are fine to travel. They may ask how long you've been away. Just answer truthfully.
Thank you for your quick revert.
My partner did not reported me and I’m not IRCC investigation.
She’s the who constantly forcing me to come back.
She’s been treated with the psychiatrist and shes fine now.

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
What's that? Never heard that expression
It means she has serious anxiety issues and she becomes angry + mood swings problems

I had been dating her from past few years and was not aware that she became this much angry in no time.

The reason I left Canada because one day she become very angry and threatened me that she might physically harm me. (Not using correct words, about what she had used)

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You sure u wanna come back to her lol, I guarantee u 100% if u are being truthful she will spaz on you again. Come back by all means but sort your life out here and get a place on your own. The problems with her as yo stated don’t just go away those are there forever my guy.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your quick revert.
My partner did not reported me and I’m not IRCC investigation.
She’s the who constantly forcing me to come back.
She’s been treated with the psychiatrist and shes fine now.
What I mean is that you can enter Canada as a PR.
You do not need to go back to your "sponsor". As it's a undertaking for her to make sure you are ok. But there is no commitment for PA to stay with sponsor (not any more at least currently)

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
You sure u wanna come back to her lol, I guarantee u 100% if u are being truthful she will spaz on you again. Come back by all means but sort your life out here and get a place on your own. The problems with her as yo stated don’t just go away those are there forever my guy.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your advice.

But living in different place doesn’t make any sense, I only know her in that country.

The objective was to be happy with her not to get a residency and live in a different place.

I would choose to live here in India rather than living alone.

thank you once again

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
What I mean is that you can enter Canada as a PR.
You do not need to go back to your "sponsor". As it's a undertaking for her to make sure you are ok. But there is no commitment for PA to stay with sponsor (not any more at least currently)
Hello ,

Thank you once again for your input.

I know the residency obligations and I know that lawfully I can enter canada.

My question is, does CBSA officer refuse my entry on the basis that I was not in Canada in last 1.5 years ?

or do they deport me unlawfully because I am living here in India ?

looking forward for your input…

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
If you have a valid PR card, you can enter and leave Canada whenever you want. It is none of CBSA's business.

If you were on a visitor visa, thats a differwbt ball gamw though. You should be fine.

Alok Ram

Jul 11, 2024
If you have a valid PR card, you can enter and leave Canada whenever you want. It is none of CBSA's business.

If you were on a visitor visa, thats a differwbt ball gamw though. You should be fine.
Thank you for the input.
This means I can enter into canada and legally they won’t refuse my entry