+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application package!!!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Unfortunately they don't go through the whole thing. Many people have their applications returned only to have it returned again for something else that could have been pointed out the first time around. Happened to me and others too...
Of all the shitty things about this process, this has to be one of the worst...ours wasn't returned luckily but you think they could f****** go through the whole thing, it would take a few minutes max.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Of all the shitty things about this process, this has to be one of the worst...ours wasn't returned luckily but you think they could f****** go through the whole thing, it would take a few minutes max.
Agreed. I can't even tell you how painful the process was for us. App returned 3x, took 9 months to finally get AOR, knowing we could have resolved all the issues the first time around and I could be a PR by now really sucks :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Agreed. I can't even tell you how painful the process was for us. App returned 3x, took 9 months to finally get AOR, knowing we could have resolved all the issues the first time around and I could be a PR by now really sucks :(
Ya that shit blows my mind...you can't even point that to a technical failure, the agent just saw one thing and didn't bother with the rest. Jesus.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the input, YES I know, totally our fault. This form is Additional Family Members Declaration and we thought it doe's not apply to us (we marked N/A on the check list). Deceased parents, no brothers and sisters and my husband's son is 19 (in August 2017 he was not considered "dependent child").
Anyway, it's past now and package resent back.
Does anyone knows if it will be 2 MONTHS again to hear back from them?
Good Luck to everyone :)
Your app is considered a new submission and goes to the back of the line.

Unfortunately, I see a few issues. First, I believe that there were forms updated between your original submission date and your second submission date; as you sent the old forms, your app could be returned for that. Second, and even more serious, is that under the current law when you re-submitted the app, your husband's son was considered a dependent and therefore required to be fully included in the app. I would say there is a good chance that your app will be returned because of this.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Ouuuuuch! :eek:

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Ouuuuuch! :eek:
I was so desperate, if it got sent back the 4th time I was going to just give up completely and try to apply via Express Entry instead.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I was so desperate, if it got sent back the 4th time I was going to just give up completely and try to apply via Express Entry instead.
I can imagine!

I'm even scared to check the mail as it is!

Framirez

Nov 12, 2017
Hi, Was the appliction returned to your canada address? and doest it mean you already have an AOR since you got UCI?

We submitted our application last July 25 and received July 26th. but I noticed that I checked the wrong option in my checklist so maybe I am expecting they return it. Hopefully not.. waaaa
I'm scared to because I send the application to the right address but when I got to Canada post office they told me that the postal code was incorrect but on the web page was another one, long story short, I send it to the postal code that Canada post told me to send it other ways they were not able to send it. So I'm waiting to see if I receive a notification or my application :/

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Thanks for the input, YES I know, totally our fault. This form is Additional Family Members Declaration and we thought it doe's not apply to us (we marked N/A on the check list). Deceased parents, no brothers and sisters and my husband's son is 19 (in August 2017 he was not considered "dependent child").
Anyway, it's past now and package resent back.
Does anyone knows if it will be 2 MONTHS again to hear back from them?
Good Luck to everyone :)
Sorry. Rereading what I wrote, it doesn't come across as I'd have liked.

Hope it goes smoothly for you this time.