+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application because of inflexible systems

peregrino

Jan 19, 2011
Hi,

This is my situation. I sent in my application with all documents as required by the guidelines except the original IELTS result transcripts. I know CIC stated that IELTS must be submitted together with the application in the guidelines. The language center refused to send extra copies to me. CIC returned my incomplete application in Nov 2010 because of the missing IELTS transcript.

Has someone managed to somehow crawl out of this situation successfully?

peregrino

Jan 19, 2011
I included a notarized copy of my IELTS results, and email communication between the language center and I confirming that the former will send original copies to CIC.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

peregrino said:
I included a notarized copy of my IELTS results, and email communication between the language center and I confirming that the former will send original copies to CIC.
Except that CIC won't accept it from the Centre. You have to send it. Better tell them to send you another copy.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
It's unfortunate mate. I wonder why a test center won't do that. Anyway, you better get the result reapply ASAP. You can try approaching ielts.ucles.org.uk for test result if other attempts failed.

Cheers

Mezo

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
peregrino said:
They dont usually provide a second original result copy to the candidates. In my opinion, you have 2 options,
1. sent CIO the original one that you have received as a candidate (you will be left with no originals for yourself, like most of the applicants), Or
2. fill out the appropriate form at the language center to request another original copy to be sent to some office address (e.g. to a friend/collegue) and get it from there and send that copy back to CIO. Some applicants have used this way to get another original copy of IELTS result. However, some of the test centers donot send copies to offices' addressess inside the same country, it has to be some International org, or University. If your country's test center is like that, and if you have contacts at any university, then try sending a copy to some University and get it from them when they receive it.

Possibly the easier option is to send the original copy of the result that you have. Only my opinion though.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
CHC should not return the whole application package they would just ask for missing documents. I have just mailed the application package and I forgot to send my transcript would they return the application "God forbid" or they will ask to send it later. In any case will the resubmitting of the application will affect the prevailing rules or the post june-26 rules. Any comments

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
hello peregrino, i'm just curious, was your returned application submitted to CIO in Nova Scotia or at the VO? and on that note, what VO did you choose to process your application? thanks!

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Yes perigrino you made us a little bit worried because we didn't know that CHC can return incomplete applications too (they ask for missing documents) can you tell us if it is CIO or CHC who returned the application

Man In Black

Dec 21, 2010
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
waiting
Dear All,plz note if u will not send original IELTS result,your file will b returned immediately.So never send photocopy,dont ask to center for an extra copy to avoid risks.Just appear in IELTS for canadian immigration.