+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Retroactive payment of CCB

Jojei

Jul 2, 2024
Please I had my baby in Canada while still less that 18 months in Canada. I want to know if she qualifies for retroactive payments now that I have passed the 18 months required eligibility time frame since she was born here in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please I had my baby in Canada while still less that 18 months in Canada. I want to know if she qualifies for retroactive payments now that I have passed the 18 months required eligibility time frame since she was born here in Canada
So you are on a work permit. You are eligible when you reach 18 months onwards. You aren’t eligible for CBB prior to the 18 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Qualifying for CCB is based on the parent’s status not the child’s. You are the one applying for CCB not your child which is why only qualifying at 18 months still stands. It is to also to disincentivize temporary residents from having children as soon as they get to Canada because most will not be in a financial position to care for the child, not qualify for maternity payments, etc.