+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESTORATION STATUS NOW---- WORK PERMIT EXPIRED APRIL 14/2015

s4sattu

Apr 15, 2015
Hello friends, i am a nominee holder (JUNE/2014) from Manitoba, applied for P.R application on JULY/2014 , got medical on NOV/2014
my post-graduation work permit expired on March/2015

i got refusal letter today saying you can not asked for bridging open work permit (because my nominee letter says that i have to work for specific employer )..now i am in restoration period !!!
Question is: how can i apply for restoration and another work permit? what are the links? what documents and forms needed?how much fees?

thanks ....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you no longer working for the same employer who nominated you?

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
s4sattu said:
Hello friends, i am a nominee holder (JUNE/2014) from Manitoba, applied for P.R application on JULY/2014 , got medical on NOV/2014
my post-graduation work permit expired on March/2015

i got refusal letter today saying you can not asked for bridging open work permit (because my nominee letter says that i have to work for specific employer )..now i am in restoration period !!!
Question is: how can i apply for restoration and another work permit? what are the links? what documents and forms needed?how much fees?

thanks ....
Hey Bro,
so at least we got caught and now in the same boat.
my nomination letter was valid until Jan. end 2015 so i applied for PR in first week of Jan. 2015. My work permit was expiring in mid-feb 2015. i applied for work permit extension in first week of Feb 2015. I got my AOR on 15 April 2015, called CIC to update my status, but they said my work permit is refused...(bcz nomination letter was expired)...now i got AOR, so any ideas and suggestions please
What should i do? apply with restoration fee (200) and bridging work permit or work permit extension? will i be getting now open work permit or NO? OR do i need to ask my province for issuing me another extension letter? Do i need to stop working? i didnt get the letter from CIC yet, but they said i ll receive letter shortly,,,and that i need to follow the steps:(
For your questions: You have to create a reference number in your CIC account, answer whatever applies to your situation, they ll give you automatic check list...

chicky43

Apr 17, 2015
i also apply for work permit extension last jan.. i have nominee certificate and done with the medical also.
my work permit expired last jan 2 and now i receive from cic that my application was refused...
i like ti have an appeal why they refuse?
also in the letter i need to apply for restoration.

please help, can i call them or email them why even i submitted all the docs even my work permit expire within 4 months and got rejected?

i can apply for restoration but they to work still for expenses but according to restoration procedures, you are not allowed to work until permit is restored.

is there anyone experienced the same thing... thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to stop working immediately since your extension is refused. If you continue working - you'll be working illegally and this will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to restore your status.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scylla said:
You have to stop working immediately since your extension is refused. If you continue working - you'll be working illegally and this will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to restore your status.
Yes stop work immediately but when the letter from cic is received so that to show it to the employer to keep your full time job on hold ...they said on phone you can work until you receive the letter

chicky43

Apr 17, 2015
thank you. i did stop working...
in my cic account. they requested me to upload the pnp and supporting letter.
i just upload my pnp certificate while waiting for the support letter.
when i tried to upload, the portal is close and i can no longer upload any docs in mycic account so itried to call cic help line and they told me to send the docs in operations centre in ottawa. i did send before the deadline.
when i called today at cic, hey said they never receive it hence the refusal..
they said i should write a letter for reconsideration or apply for the restoration of status...
i will try first the appeal and if they were not, responding, i will go through resto procedures

s4sattu

Apr 15, 2015
i am gonna go for OSC operration support centre. because i believe if you have received your medical then you are eligible to apply for open work permit . but some how cic says that if ur nominee stipulate any conditions like specific employer or NOC code then u cantt ask for open WP... but my counter answer was that why on cic website it says u can apply for open bridging WP if u are a P.R applicants..

does any one know whts the procesing time for review by OSC - operation support centre?

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
s4sattu said:
i am gonna go for OSC operration support centre. because i believe if you have received your medical then you are eligible to apply for open work permit . but some how cic says that if ur nominee stipulate any conditions like specific employer or NOC code then u cantt ask for open WP... but my counter answer was that why on cic website it says u can apply for open bridging WP if u are a P.R applicants..

does any one know whts the procesing time for review by OSC - operation support centre?
hey bro,

I got my AOR, file number...isnt it enough...? if apply for work permit now i will be issued open/bridging work permit, right?
plus i have to apply for restration as well and its $200...plus 155 fr work permit...
Do i still need my employer letter or my employer has to deposit $$$ fee as of 21 Feb 2015, message--policy..
Please guide...and i ll stop working today though i didnt get my refusal letter yet?
Is it possible to go boundary and renew it from there, i have a job offer letter, but i dont have visa or valid work permit?
will be appreciated...:)

merkin59

Apr 26, 2015
Hello, same boat myself as the three of you!

s4sattu we are in the same program....

Anyone figure anything out or get any results?

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
merkin59 said:
Hello, same boat myself as the three of you!

s4sattu we are in the same program....

Anyone figure anything out or get any results?
nothing else can b done...only ask your pnp office to send you the guidelines fr extension of wp...get that letter and apply online fr wp as well as restoration...your employer has to offer you full time job as well as permanent job...and employer has to deposit $230

s4sattu

Apr 15, 2015
hello all, i am still figuring out filling forms by employer,,, rest of the form (5710E) gonna now change to be check mark on restoration and check mark on apply for same or new employer..
rest of the docs. like medical
- digital photo
- pnp certi
- job offer
remain same
have to pay 200 for restoration and 155 dollars for wp
waiting for my employer to pay $230 dollars for LMIA fees and fill the forms , so i can submit as soon as poosible..
any one has applied? any update from cic?

s4sattu

Apr 15, 2015
hello frends, as far as i know u have to go thru questionary again, creat account and according to ur answer u hv to upload ur docs.

mine is to upload

--form 5710
-- itinary travl
-- passport pages
--form 5802
-- photo
--medical
--pnp certi
--employer decl. form
fees restortion 200
wp 155
= 355

the basic concept i found u can not ask for BRID.OPEN WP unless u r CEC applicants..
if u got nominne tht says employer name and NOC code xxxx in support letter tht means u hv to work for specific employer(closed WP)

merkin59

Apr 26, 2015
yes that was a new rule made in August, 2014 not being able to BOWP with specific employer nomination certificate