+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
What other verification processes did they say are there for you to do after criminal check? I thought they were listed on your IRCC application checklist. Wasn’t background check the final item on check?
Im not sure but they told me that the criminality is all that is complete and nothing else has started yet.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Its amazing that you had the courage to write that as a response. Its not tough love, its an inhumane process.

You're embarrassing, how can you sit and write that this is the correct procedure, waiting for months and months as IRCC drag their feet processing applications
On the flip side . You’re a temporary foreign worker , in a foreign country , that didn’t obviously follow the rules

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
Im not sure but they told me that the criminality is all that is complete and nothing else has started yet.
I see .I asked because on my account list . it says no biometric.no medical needed. No documents needed. Then before the final step it says
“aback ground check is being processed”

and final step after that would “Officer review”

did you check your IRCC account and see if any updates on your page?

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
On the flip side . You’re a temporary foreign worker , in a foreign country , that didn’t obviously follow the rules
Who said I havent followed the rules?

Im saying the process is shambolic, we pay money for this and timelines are blown out and applications are dragged out with no end in sight

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
I see .I asked because on my account list . it says no biometric.no medical needed. No documents needed. Then before the final step it says
“aback ground check is being processed”

and final step after that would “Officer review”

did you check your IRCC account and see if any updates on your page?
Yeah there hasnt been any updates on my application page

geoela

May 30, 2021
Mexico
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
18/03/2021
Hello. Has there been any update in your applications? I lost my status as a worker a month ago and applied to restore it, two weeks after. is the processing time the same as a work permit extension inside Canada?
Thanks for your help and good luck with your processes

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
Hello. Has there been any update in your applications? I lost my status as a worker a month ago and applied to restore it, two weeks after. is the processing time the same as a work permit extension inside Canada?
Thanks for your help and good luck with your processes
hey I’m still waiting, I applied 120 days ago and have had no updates. Good luck.

Reactions: geoela

Young abhin

Mar 16, 2024
The need to be responsible is self explanatory and obligated for adults. However,an advanced 1st world country compounding and complicating an application process and leaving applicants completely and utterly in the dark/uncertain about ANYTHING does seem deliberately in place.

Put ur life on hold and Wait months to find out you are refused? Thats arguably a form of emotional torture/ abuse. The uncertain waiting is certain punishment. Myself and People would pay for answers/update. Nonetheless,I understand your comment and the reality of said hopelessness
Hello @Ralloblack88 did you get any update on your restoration? Mine is similar to your I applied for restoration of status using the LMIA that I have, so maybe we might have similar timeline. When I check portal nothing has started other than BG check shows in progress, I applied on march 21

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hello, I’ve been waiting for an LMIA since January. I am out of status and waiting for an answer since 4 months, I am in this situation basically because my immigration consultant didn’t give the LMIA number when we applied for my work permit extension. It’s so frustrating, my savings are gone I only have money to pay rent one more month, my question is, is this still worth it? I already spent around 15k since then (including immigration cost) and without working. I was trying to have everything done in a right way and just for a mistake of someone else I’m getting frustrated.
I’ve been here in Canada since 5 years ago, I always leave when I need to leave never work more when I was student, and now I’m getting fucked up because this timelines doesn’t make any sense! Is this still worth it? Or am I wasting my money just because nothing? This immigration system is ridiculous.

Young abhin

Mar 16, 2024
Hello, I’ve been waiting for an LMIA since January. I am out of status and waiting for an answer since 4 months, I am in this situation basically because my immigration consultant didn’t give the LMIA number when we applied for my work permit extension. It’s so frustrating, my savings are gone I only have money to pay rent one more month, my question is, is this still worth it? I already spent around 15k since then (including immigration cost) and without working. I was trying to have everything done in a right way and just for a mistake of someone else I’m getting frustrated.
I’ve been here in Canada since 5 years ago, I always leave when I need to leave never work more when I was student, and now I’m getting fucked up because this timelines doesn’t make any sense! Is this still worth it? Or am I wasting my money just because nothing? This immigration system is ridiculous.
Hello @Dmora12 , Could you clarify if you already have an Approve LMIA and is just waiting for Restoration of status + Work Permit using the Approved LMIA? if this is the case I am in the same boat I already have an approved LMIA but currently waiting for Restoration of status and Work Permit extension

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hello @Dmora12 , Could you clarify if you already have an Approve LMIA and is just waiting for Restoration of status + Work Permit using the Approved LMIA? if this is the case I am in the same boat I already have an approved LMIA but currently waiting for Restoration of status and Work Permit extension
Sorry I made it confusing, but yes, same situation

Young abhin

Mar 16, 2024
Sorry I made it confusing, but yes, same situation
No worries, I feel you, friend. I have been waiting since March 21st 2024, I had no positive updates on my restoration of status using the LMIA. Which date did you apply?
I do get the feeling of leaving the country as we can't work and just stuck in the country without being able to work. But my only hope is when I go through the Forums and
reddit posts, I see people who get their restoration approved in 7 Months, Some people got it is 6 month, Some people even got it in 4 month in 2024. It is very random
as each application is different, lets hope ours will be approved soon. I do have my PR application approaching 9 months

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
No worries, I feel you, friend. I have been waiting since March 21st 2024, I had no positive updates on my restoration of status using the LMIA. Which date did you apply?
I do get the feeling of leaving the country as we can't work and just stuck in the country without being able to work. But my only hope is when I go through the Forums and
reddit posts, I see people who get their restoration approved in 7 Months, Some people got it is 6 month, Some people even got it in 4 month in 2024. It is very random
as each application is different, lets hope ours will be approved soon. I do have my PR application approaching 9 months
Hello, I applied I think it was march 6th. I really hope I get an answer soon

Young abhin

Mar 16, 2024
Hello, I applied I think it was march 6th. I really hope I get an answer soon
Hey Guys, So far I saw Two People who applied in 2024 that got restoration of status as worker approved, One got it in 4 months(SOWP), the other one was near to 5 months(BOWP). Just wanted to share the positive news I read on this forum. Let's Hope we get ours soon. Thank you